watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer has joined chelsea ... o dear

Started by Sammyffc, July 09, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

so he would'nt sit on are bench , but will sit on there's ? , and i can't get a link . However , all over twitter there is pictures of him infront of camera's in the chelsea press room

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bucksfulham

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 09, 2013, 07:43:38 PM
so he would'nt sit on are bench , but will sit on there's ? , and i can't get a link . However , all over twitter there is pictures of him infront of camera's in the chelsea press room

Here's the link

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/picture-chelseas-new-signing-pinched-from-fulham/?

Rhys Lightning 63

My jaw is still on the floor from when I saw that on Twitter.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JudgeBread

Sammyffc

haha i was wounded, then again he won't play anyway . easy money i suppose

Berserker

Can't understand it as he wouldn't stay with us as he wanted to be first goal keeper.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Big Martin Jol

Fair enough. He's firmly focused on the World Cup and joining a high profile team like Chelsea will keep him in the Australian set-up. The lack of first team football isn't necessarily an insurmountable obstacle - look at Etheridge.

Plus he doesn't have to move house.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Forever Fulham

Petr Cech is generally considered one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world.  Some BBC Sports commentators last season flatly claimed he was the best player in the EPL, period.  Of course, comparing goalkeepers to field players in terms of 'who's best overall' is crazily subjective, but still, the claim was made.  Given that, then, why would a Fulham player who had insisted that his position as a starter was paramount to his decision to stay at Fulham choose to go to the team which has Petr Cech as its current starting goalie?  He knew he wouldn't be the starter at Chelsea.  So, I can come to no other conclusion but that he lied to Fulham management.  Agree?  Maybe he just wants the experience of playing in CL before he hangs the mitts up.  But to my mind, he did not choose Chelsea to fulfill his stated and insisted demand of being the starting goalkeeper.  It will be interesting to see how fans will now view Mark.  Will they give him the 'Dempsey treatment' or does he, as an Australian, get a pass?  Just asking.  Frankly, I thought his skills were diminishing.  His reflexes slower.  His distribution weak.  He was likable, personable.  But I'm curious how the circumstances of his departure are under any less of a cloud.  

bucksfulham

Look closely at the picture :not convinced that it isn't a "photoshop" fake

SouthfieldWhite

I say good luck to him, he's my only Chelsea player I like , as others have said, at a high profile club, he doesn't have to move house, and his boy can stay in our academy

KP_FFC

ummm........ WHAT!?!?!?!? 
completely against everything he said

Forever Fulham

Bucksfulham, Mark's head does seem superimposed.  Any other corroboration out there?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 09, 2013, 08:07:31 PM
Petr Cech is generally considered one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the world.  Some BBC Sports commentators last season flatly claimed he was the best player in the EPL, period.  Of course, comparing goalkeepers to field players in terms of 'who's best overall' is crazily subjective, but still, the claim was made.  Given that, then, why would a Fulham player who had insisted that his position as a starter was paramount to his decision to stay at Fulham choose to go to the team which has Petr Cech as its current starting goalie?  He knew he wouldn't be the starter at Chelsea.  So, I can come to no other conclusion but that he lied to Fulham management.  Agree?  Maybe he just wants the experience of playing in CL before he hangs the mitts up.  But to my mind, he did not choose Chelsea to fulfill his stated and insisted demand of being the starting goalkeeper.  It will be interesting to see how fans will now view Mark.  Will they give him the 'Dempsey treatment' or does he, as an Australian, get a pass?  Just asking.  Frankly, I thought his skills were diminishing.  His reflexes slower.  His distribution weak.  He was likable, personable.  But I'm curious how the circumstances of his departure are under any less of a cloud.  

He will be forgiven by the faithful just as Dembele was.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Riverside

Does not have to move house
Chelsea can afford to pay him well to warm the bench
So makes sense ?

However we have been hearing for months that he wants to be a starter . That will not be happening with Chelsea ......

Regardless I think we have signed a replacement who could be as good as he was at his peak and better than he is now . Hopefully one who can distribute as well as ball stop !

Buffalo76

He's gone there for one reason only - MONEY. He'll play a few cup games and nothing else, assuming Cech stays fit. So much for wanting regular football with the World Cup next year in mind. 0001.gif

Max Headroom

Whatever happens I still wish him well......

He has the chance to play some champions league football. He has probably asked or a minimum number of games....

Wimbledon_White

Yanks got a chip on their shoulders much?