watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Fixtures Announcement ....

Started by Patrick, July 09, 2013, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Anyone know when Sky announce their opening batch of televised fixtures??????..........thanks

WhiteJC

normally about 5 minutes after I've finalised travel arrangements  :031:

Patrick

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 09, 2013, 08:12:56 PM
normally about 5 minutes after I've finalised travel arrangements  :031:

Exactly!!....that's why I am holding off booking flights until I get the list....these guys have messed me up too much in the past.

King_Crud

In the Bundesliga no fixture times are given until 6 weeks before the round, but once done you know exactly what is happening. The Premier League present the fixtures, then change them, then change them again. Wasn't there one (Liverpool maybe) that was changed a couple of weeks before, moved to a Monday if I recall. So people travelling from far away, who have booked travel and accommodation, completely miss out.

Joe McDonald

At least it isn't as bad as Spain where some of the changes are made earlier the same week!  Bit of a bummer if you've booked a 24hr round trip to take in a game at the Camp Nou on a Saturday night only for it to be moved to the Sunday instead.

Not that I'm at all bitter...

Rhys Lightning 63

Just dug this up from The Telegraph - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/talks-over-tv-schedule-continue-ahead-of-premier-league-fixtures-announcement-8699790.html

They say that fixtures could be released tomorrow (Thursday) if agreements are made with BT and Sky. It's a little more complicated this time round. Beforehand Sky got to choose their 4 games first (Saturday lunchtime, Sunday 1:30pm, Sunday 4pm, Monday night), then ESPN picked one of the remaining ones.

NOW though, BT have a better deal, so they can ask to get the big games (Manchester derby, Utd v Liverpool etc), thus why there's more discussions this year
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Patrick

Thanks...I hate missing games....but the girlfriend is on my case re. holidays....so hopefully tomorrow we will have an indication.....

jarv

Yes, it was the Liverpool game. I came over from USA, booked a trip  based on that fixture and Monday made it impossible. Of course, I have to book flights about 3 months ahead which sky don't consider. Oh well, we are only fans so what do they care?

Berserker

I'm holding of booking my Sunderland accomodation until i hear
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.