News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When was the last time a player of ours went to Chelsea?

Started by General, July 09, 2013, 09:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Or arsenal for that matter?

I know Tottenham poached two last summer, manure have poached a couple in the past and ok chesty went to Liverpool but very few have ever gone to Chelsea or arsenal..

SouthfieldWhite

Holders

John Dempsey - before Ivor of course but that's the only two I can think of.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FTID

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Our kit man is now theres and  our physio (jason?) I think,  moved over as well...

Admin

Our young groundsman went this season as well. For less money apparent, better working conditions, and his meals were thrown in. 

SouthfieldWhite

We did get some yank from them who now works in our marketing department ;-)

Gary grey is the kit man who jumped ship

cmg

Might I be a tiny, tiny bit pedantic and point out that Mark Schwarzer, when he signed for Chelsea, had not been a Fulham player for a number of days.

Scrumpy

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

Eh? Assume you mean American Mike.

He never worked for them did he?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Andy S

Teddy Maybank came from Chelsea and I believe he went back a few seasons later.

I cannot see what all the fuss is about. We got Mark on a free and the only thing he cost us in 5 years was his wages. He has had a reasonable season which have included a few penalty saves but has made the odd gaff. As a forty year old we could not and would not guarantee him first choice at the club, which would have been risky so he wouldn't sign a contract. He expected other clubs to come calling and I'm surprised that the promoted clubs didn't try to snap him up. Had Watford come up he may have opted for vicarage road. Still Chelsea have come along and made him a good offer which must include a certain amount of games. May be more if check is injured. He is retiring at the end of the World Cup anyway so why not experience a season at the top. Wouldn't we all have gone for it.

What would be ironic would be a Schwarzer gaff that costs them the title......

ffctom_b

Be even better if it were his gaffe to give us victory against them :)

tbf, he owes us nothing, didn't cost us nothing, had 5 good years, probably past his best now, but still decent shot stopper, good cover for Chelsea, saves them money in terms of meeting FFP and gives Mark a chance of playing Champs Lge.

GL to him, except if he plays against us i say
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Northern Cottager

I thought the whole reason he didn't sign a new contract was because he wanted 1st Team football?

cebu

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 09, 2013, 10:52:26 PM
I thought the whole reason he didn't sign a new contract was because he wanted 1st Team football?

Chelsea play a lot of matches per season and Schwarzer will get chances to start even if Cech is fit.

Dunno if it'll be sufficient for him to be first choice for Oz in Brazil though.

gerrys

I I remember rightly we got Barry Lloyd from Chelsea.....................and didn't Neil Etheridge come from Chelsea too?

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 09, 2013, 09:22:39 PM
Our kit man is now there*s and  our physio (jason?) I think,  moved over as well...
Thats a huge blow if we have lost one of the leading physios in the country. Physios from everywhere came to see his ground breaking iniatives and treatments on player health and recovery. He was just as important as any player.

leonffc

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 09, 2013, 10:18:11 PM

Eh? Assume you mean American Mike.

He never worked for them did he?

Ssshhhhhhh ;-)

MasterHaynes

Quote from: ffctom_b on July 09, 2013, 10:35:30 PM
Be even better if it were his gaffe to give us victory against them :)

tbf, he owes us nothing, didn't cost us nothing, had 5 good years, probably past his best now, but still decent shot stopper, good cover for Chelsea, saves them money in terms of meeting FFP and gives Mark a chance of playing Champs Lge.

GL to him, except if he plays against us i say
:plus one:  Good luck to Mark, hope he gets his wish and plays in some CL ties  082.gif

Holders

Quote from: gerrys on July 10, 2013, 07:57:18 AM

I I remember rightly we got Barry Lloyd from Chelsea.....................and didn't Neil Etheridge come from Chelsea too?

I don't know about Etheridge but pretty sure you're right about Barry Lloyd. They came in our direction, of course, so it still seems the last to leave us for Them (before Schwarzer, who was actually a free agent) were Ivor. Maybank and Dempsey.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Haynes

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 10, 2013, 08:16:58 AM
Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 09, 2013, 09:22:39 PM
Our kit man is now there*s and  our physio (jason?) I think,  moved over as well...
Thats a huge blow if we have lost one of the leading physios in the country. Physios from everywhere came to see his ground breaking iniatives and treatments on player health and recovery. He was just as important as any player.

Not that much of a blow as you have not missed him for the last 2 or 3 years he's been gone!