News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should the new Riverside Stand be named the Al Fayed Stand?

Started by Admin, July 10, 2013, 05:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

If he sells up that is. I think it would be the most fitting tribute we could give to the man who saved Fulham F.C.

It will also keep a little bit of Mo at the club as we move on through the years.

In my eye's, it's a no-brainer but obviously the new owner would have a say in this. 

fulhamben

no 3 times he has promised it and not delivered it once. tribute of some sort yes but not the riverside stand re naming as he hasnt done it. (if it ever gets done at all)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Yes, in my view, but that will be for the new owner who may want to call it the Michael Jackson stand, Mickey Mouse stand or whatever.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FTID

Yes, he completely saved us, can't think of where we'd be without him. Hope these rumours are false

Jack Fulham

It would be a nice gesture but I'm not really fussed. If he built the stand then yeah but by the looks of things he's gonna sell at the moment so I doubt any potential new owners would name it that.

jarv

If construction starts before he leaves, yes. If not, it is anybody's guess. If he does leave, he can take the MJ statue with him. I am sure it will look nice in his back garden. :005:

Vinnieffc

In a word - absolutely !! But I agree he can take the MJ statue with him..

spikey norman

Fulham76

Quote from: FTID on July 10, 2013, 05:14:02 PM
Yes, he completely saved us, can't think of where we'd be without him. Hope these rumours are false

:plus one: Agree 100%

win-dup

In September I will have been a Fulham supporter for 60 years. I think the stand should be
named after me.

cmg

Quote from: win-dup on July 10, 2013, 06:46:00 PM
In September I will have been a Fulham supporter for 60 years. I think the stand should be
named after me.

If we call it the 'Wind Up' the Sailing Club bozos will know we are taking the p1ss.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 10, 2013, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: FTID on July 10, 2013, 05:14:02 PM

:plus one: Agree 100%

as do I
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Eric Miller Stand, The Riverside Stand, Al Fayed Stand. The stand with many names.

I do hope we somehow have a chance to show Al how much we think of him whatever happens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FOOlhamfighters

A tribute is needed for sure, but I can't see it being theis. Probably a statue

win-dup

Quote from: cmg on July 10, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: win-dup on July 10, 2013, 06:46:00 PM
named after me.

If we call it the 'Wind Up' the Sailing Club bozos will know we are taking the p1ss.
haha very clever I hadn't thought of that.

Jimpav

I wouldn't be adverse to the Hammy end being renamed. He rebuilt this as well and it is a testament to how far the club has come under his reign.

Jonno

I would also like a thank you book being left at the ground for the next few months, similar to a condolence book but with better intentions. there has to be some kind of long term memorial whatever form that takes.

The Equalizer

I believe the words, and forgive the Americanism, 'Hell Yeah!' suit this response.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Simon Peach of the Press Ass asked our new chairman about renaming the Riverside Stand after Al and he said he would not be aversed to doing so.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope