watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your recommendations to a new owner

Started by aFFCn_Fan, July 11, 2013, 01:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aFFCn_Fan

So I have two questions for you on a day where I really should be more productive in my job

1) What would be the top three priorities you would make for the new owner's 'to do' list to improve the club?

2) Which other premier league owner would you tell them to go speak to because they have got the right attitude and balance of involvement and funding to the club they run?
@hincharoo

jarv

I know nothing about running a top football club but answer to No.2....MAF should be able to give all the advice needed.

Rhys Lightning 63

1 - A) Ensure we STAY at Craven Cottage, but increase capacity B) Ensure we get the right mix of young and old players together, thus setting a nice balance and prospect for the future C) ONE marquee signing, so as to not disrupt team harmony, but still improve the squad

2 - Bill Kenwright. Knows what loyalty means and how to operate on a tight budget (thus meaning that if we have more money, we can be a little more frivolous without being completely stupid)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on July 11, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
So I have two questions for you on a day where I really should be more productive in my job

1) What would be the top three priorities you would make for the new owner's 'to do' list to improve the club?

2) Which other premier league owner would you tell them to go speak to because they have got the right attitude and balance of involvement and funding to the club they run?
1)
-Find out what the situation with the ground, room for improvements & expansion. He would then know we cant build some 45K multi use stadium on the footprint we have.
-Someone to give him a history lesson on the club, traditions and place in football (not soccer)
-Look to give the manager upto £30M to play catch up on the teams who will battle it out for 7-10th.

2) I would get him to speak to Kenwright.

MJG

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 11, 2013, 01:17:45 PM

2 - Bill Kenwright. Knows what loyalty means and how to operate on a tight budget (thus meaning that if we have more money, we can be a little more frivolous without being completely stupid)

Great minds and all that...

Rupert

Not so much how to improve the club, I'd tell the new owner to grow a thick skin because anything he does will get criticised by some people, no matter how practical and beneficial or frivilous and personal it is. Just look at the reactions of some to a silly statue, tucked away out of the sight of most, which our current owner and all-round-saviour decided to raise in tribute to a good friend of his. How dare he, eh?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Don't try to mend things that are not broken

Do try to mend things that are broken

If you Brake things then mend them or throw them away

Ask Al Fayed how its done, then remember he is a one off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ron Sheepskin

1) Understand what this club means to those involved with it. Not just fans, but players. We are not a club where players turn up to earn a shedload before moving rapidly on to the next paypacket. Talk to Duffers, Danny Murphy. Talk to Roy.

2) Listen to concerns from fans - some of them are valid points and are things that can be improved. I'm not talking about who we want him to sign as a new striker, but the infrastructure issues. Talk to Tommy - he'll have heard the problems we face with stewarding, toilets, acoustics, food and drink pricing and so on.

3) Understand that a manager needs more than a season to make a sustainable difference.

Finally - Kenwright for sure. I'd also suggest he has a chat with the board at Norwich - another club that sees its fans as an integral part of the business, not just as a bunch of sheep with open wallets.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

ToodlesMcToot

1) make good on the mandate to bring down the age of the squad, try and find a top signing (not necessarily a big name) for the creative midfield role and another speedy/strong striker

2) I'd think MAF would be able to give good advice

3) Change the club name to Fulham Soccer Club, just to piss off those who can't help but get their panties in a wad over a silly synonym.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Spend, Spend, Spend, Spend and then Spend some more.

Sign top players on top salaries and make us into a force for relegation, just like the hoops.

In all seriousness, keep us as a sustainable club while investing so we can progress. but that is the hard part i guess
Every day is a Fulham day

Vinnieffc

Probably something along the line when a reporter asked Richard Branson 'How did you become a millionaire ?' Response was 'Start off as a billionaire then buy an airline'

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

PaulJ123

1) Make sure the Riverside stand development continues; agree about the one marquee signing to give us all a boost; continue with investing in youth

2) MAF

ron

1. Build some flats near a river in London
2. Build a concrete "Soccerdome" somewhere in the Thames Gateway, complete with attached leisure city and shopping malls, using an existing club to authenticate the move.
3. Mark out the "playing area" in a gridiron pattern
4. Drop the "Sarker" as being a waste of time......

...1 and 2 may be reversed as required.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

1) We are a decent size London football club and we would like to keep it that way. I for one wouldn't want to become the next Chelsea or Qpr for that reason, the 2 faces of the same coin: modern football. I wouldn't want hordes of new fans that flock the new superstadium we  have in  some remote suburban area munching  their crisps while they watch the Fulham stars annihilate a poor Bayern 8-0. Or maybe the other way around, with us becoming the new Portsmouth or Qpr, a toy no longer worthy of the hassle for a rich bastard.
2) DO NOT REBRAND FULHAM. I won't support the Fulham Badgers Soccer Club. Because they play in amber & green.
3) A merging with Qpr is not a feasible option I am afraid.
4) I wouldn't fancy being another yankee owned club, so please I'd rather like us to be a pakistani owned club. Bring back Zesh Rehman!
5) Let's make a massive Motorhead gig at the Cottage...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

JDH101

1. Bring back the old badge.
2. Take down the MJ statue.
3. Somehow someway bring back the cottage pub.

:beer:

Daffy

In most senses, I hope he will follow Fayed's lead. Priorities include:

1. Respect the heritage and tradition of the club in investment decisions.  We are not tacky like West Ham or Chelsea, or deluded like QPR. 

2.  Making available a healthy transfer budget, but keeping a sensible wage structure with reward for loyalty and top performance.

3.  Stay out of the dressing room. Let Jol and the football experts make the team/player choices. Support the club as a fan and benefactor, don't try to be the manager.

He should talk to Daniel Levy. He has helped make Spurs a secure club, sometimes making profit on transfers as well as signing top players, with a team on the verge of Champions League, playing decent football. They have closed the gap on Arsenal. We won't be competing with Chelsea any time soon but it would be nice to start closing the gap a bit too.

dino1828

Khan does not stick his nose in the locker room, he allows the people that work for him that know what there doing make the decisions, but if there not doing there job well he is not afraid to fire them.