watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's pre-season in Costa Rica

Started by CanadianCottager, July 12, 2013, 04:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianCottager

Hey all, this kind of a question for the Costa Ricans on this site, but do you know if Costa Rican television will be broadcasting the Fulham games online like they do the World Cup Qualifying? Thanks in advance, will make hunting for streams to watch the games much easier!

costarican white

Hello, for sure!

Either at www.teletica.com or www.repretel.com will boradcast the games, these are the two major boradcasters, it depends of the rival to look for one or another. Alajuelense at Repretel and Cartagines and Saprissa at Teletica.

Is anybody coming? I'm aligning with Flirpit to go to next sunday's game.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: costarican white on July 12, 2013, 05:02:21 PM
Hello, for sure!

Either at www.teletica.com or www.repretel.com will boradcast the games, these are the two major boradcasters, it depends of the rival to look for one or another. Alajuelense at Repretel and Cartagines and Saprissa at Teletica.

Pura vida! Should be a lot of fun to watch, maybe we'll get to see the next Joel Campbell on the field out there.

costarican white

Quote from: CanadianCottager on July 12, 2013, 05:05:18 PM
Hello, for sure!

Pura vida! Should be a lot of fun to watch, maybe we'll get to see the next Joel Campbell on the field out there.

Nah, there are some good players, nothing outstanding. Pablo Herrera is a player to watch for next sunday for example.

Rhys Lightning 63

Hello, for sure!

Stuff Joel Campbell. Paulo Wanchope is where it's AT
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

costarican white

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 12, 2013, 06:22:45 PM
Hello, for sure!

Now we are talking!

zschwartz

yea, there were a few considering making the flight over but haven't heard much since. Would love to hear about every detail if someone did make it down.

Here's the listing for the game on the 17th on Repretel v. Alajuelense.  There appears to be a link to a stream but i am unsure how available it will be with an foreign IP:

http://www.repretel.com/f%C3%BAtbol-amistoso-alajuelense-vs-fulham

Here is a roughly translated article from Teletica that has some information about Martin's projected lineups:
Martin Jol, manager of Fulham, said this preseason is taken very seriously in Costa Rica, so that the fans can trust they will use their best men.

"We come with a full squad, I need to see how the players are, so we will apply the best training possible," said Jol.

Among the most prominent names are Maarten Stekelenburg, Damian Duff, Dimitar Berbatov, Hugo Rodallega.

In addition, the manager said Bryan Ruiz will feature in the games, and that he is aware of the importance of Ruiz for the Ticos.

Fulham will be the first English club to play a series of matches on Costa Rican soil, first to Carthaginian (14 July), then Alajuelense (17 July) and finally Saprissa (20 July).
Video of a bit of skype call/local coverage at the link:
http://www.teletica.com/Deportes/16886-Fulham-viaja-a-Costa-Rica-con-plantel-completo.note.aspx

zschwartz

Teletica also appear to sometimes stream through youtube which is accessible to me at this time.

Here is a segment previewing the match with some footage from the airport (Must click link and watch on youtube to get timestamp):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=onJGrx8Glh8&feature=youtu.be&t=1h29m03s

Oddly the program ended with an interview of several Chelsea players who happened to be vacationing in country at the time...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=onJGrx8Glh8&feature=youtu.be&t=1h35m55s

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 12, 2013, 06:22:45 PM
Hello, for sure!

wanchope of the day Chope was a joy to watch. He's on the coaching staff for the national team now, its pretty funny to watch, I keep half expecting them to sub him in!

IranianCottager

Is tomorrow's match at 16:00 local time, or 16:00 London time?

costarican white

Junichi

11pm UK time tomorrow evening then. Hope I get to see it!