watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Jol stay?

Started by supersimmo123, July 12, 2013, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I think it will depending how well Jol does this season, and this would have been the same under MAF anyhow
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

Hatter Don says "So, unfortunately, Jol will be with us for the season at least."
And so will you unfortunately.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2013, 02:03:24 PM
Hatter Don says "So, unfortunately, Jol will be with us for the season at least."
And so will you unfortunately.

yes, your irritating uncle will still be here  064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I think we are all aware of the normal platitudes that are coming from our new owner. But that doesn't mean that we should think the new owner is going to do anything other than that what he says in the SHORT TERM. Still new ground rumours will surface in a season and we will all be talking over the same things as we always talk over.

Will Jol stay? Yes he will because it would be madness to remove him now. Will he last after Christmas? Results are everything so we will see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I just don't want another season like the last one, it was like death, which in a way it was, the slow death of Mo's ownership, and consequencial investment  in the club, At least with a new owner things will be different, could be good or could be bad but at least not the same
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

Martin Jol will in doubt be given this season. If Khan is a good businessman, and any sort of sports fan, he isn't going to come in on day one and start start sacking people and replacing him with his own. If he does that, we'll be on the same playing level as QPR and that's not how Fulham operate.

I expect Khan to give martin Jol the benefit of the doubt. Khan isn't an idiot, he would have done his homework before buying the club and knows that Jol is a half decent manager. However...

It wouldn't have passed under Khan's nose that we had an under-par season last year. I'm expecting this to be discussed when Khan meets Jol out in Costa Rica and for Jol to tell Khan that this was due to limited funds and not being able to replace players such as Dembele' and Clint.

From these conversations, I expect Jol to have a wish list and some players that he wants. I expect this to change now that we have a new owner and I'd have thought Khan will back him. Not over the top money, but at least 20-30 million so that we can push on.

If we do however continue to sign the likes of Karagounis and constantly be linked with loan players, then I will be a bit disappointed. I expect us and Khan to be at least a little bit ambitious this season, or to steady the boat.

The only way I can see Martin Jol being sacked, is if he has a horrendous start and Khan or his advisers feel the need to step in.       

Burt

Yes.

Next question?

It is probably more likely that there will be behind the scenes changes (ie to the board) than to the day to day running of footballing matters.

EJL

Quote from: Admin on July 14, 2013, 04:34:24 PMThe only way I can see Martin Jol being sacked, is if he has a horrendous start and Khan or his advisers feel the need to step in.       

And by horrendous I guess you mean Hughes-esque (at QPR).