Main Menu

Will Jol stay?

Started by supersimmo123, July 12, 2013, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

Will Khan want a new man in?

Riverside

I hope he stays .

Be very interesting to see what he can do with a little more money to spend ...

Lets have evolution not revolution ...

zander

I don't think its his nature to just change for the sake of it. I would imagine he'll come in and assess the clubs entire situation, alot of which I'm sure he's already done before agreeing the deal.

Fulham76

Quote from: Riverside on July 12, 2013, 09:27:04 PM
I hope he stays .

Why do people assume we'll suddenly have loads of cash to spend?
This guy is about to spend in the region of £200m to buy us, plus ongoing losses of c. £15m PA, which won't improve any time soon. Its costing him more than enough to buy us without spending a penny on transfers.
He'll never make money out of us, so I am more than a little concerned about this takeover.

God The Mechanic

Football clubs don't make money.  Those that do are the absolute exceptions.

Fulham76

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 12, 2013, 09:44:05 PM

Exactly. So why is he buying us? You don't wake up one day & decide to spend hundreds of millions with no chance of ever getting it back! We'll never know until its too late but would love to know what his real plans are.

MasterHaynes

We made a small profit 2011/12 and will have made a la
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 12, 2013, 09:39:14 PM
I hope he stays .

This guy is about to spend in the region of £200m to buy us, plus ongoing losses of c. £15m PA, which won't improve any time soon. Its costing him more than enough to buy us without spending a penny on transfers.
He'll never make money out of us, so I am more than a little concerned about this takeover.
Losses 15m pa ? The club made a small profit 2011/12, last year we will have made 20-30m profit and with the £50-60m extra in Tv and prize money next year there will an even bigger surplus. Mo and Macintosh have created a self sustain club and with the youth academy looking like it may start to produce valuable players he certainly won't be losing monay

zschwartz

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 12, 2013, 09:50:55 PM

Exactly. So why is he buying us? You don't wake up one day & decide to spend hundreds of millions with no chance of ever getting it back! We'll never know until its too late but would love to know what his real plans are.

In a recent interview about charitable donations Khan used the phrase, "there are no saddle bags on coffins." He's also got a ~120m yacht... is that also about making a profit on the resale value?

Of course not. Somethings are bought to enjoy not as a short term investments... Luckily Mo felt that way and it does not seem so unreasonable to think that Khan might be of a similar opinion.  We'll know more after the pressers. There are obviously far better ways to make money than owning FFC and Khan appears to have heard of them.

Fulham76

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 12, 2013, 09:51:20 PM
I hope he stays .

Losses 15m pa ? The club made a small profit 2011/12, last year we will have made 20-30m profit and with the £50-60m extra in Tv and prize money next year there will an even bigger surplus. Mo and Macintosh have created a self sustain club and with the youth academy looking like it may start to produce valuable players he certainly won't be losing monay

Yes losses. We made a small profit year ending June 2011 of £4.4m. Year ending June 2012 we lost £18.7m & £16.9m loss year ending June 2010. June 2013 accounts not yet published but I doubt very much we made a profit, nothing to suggest an improvement in our financial situation at all & absolutely no chance did we make £20m - £30m profit - no idea where you got this figure from??? As for the extra £60m television money, a quarter of that is already gone with a £16m loan we took out recently, which is repayable in August.
As I said above, we are a loss making business & the losses are significant from a turnover in the region of £77m - £78m. Therefore, I don't understand why someone would spend so much to buy a loss making business with no immediate solution to our financial situation.

CincyFulham1

I think Jol will stay, hope so anyway.  I don't think SK will come in and make a bunch of changes right from the off.  I think he will give Jol SOME money to get a few more players in, maybe 10m.

Fulham76

Quote from: zschwartz on July 12, 2013, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 12, 2013, 09:50:55 PM
Football clubs don't make money.  Those that do are the absolute exceptions.

In a recent interview about charitable donations Khan used the phrase, "there are no saddle bags on coffins." He's also got a ~120m yacht... is that also about making a profit on the resale value?

Of course not. Somethings are bought to enjoy not as a short term investments... Luckily Mo felt that way and it does not seem so unreasonable to think that Khan might be of a similar opinion.  We'll know more after the pressers. There are obviously far better ways to make money than owning FFC and Khan appears to have heard of them.

A yacht is a status symbol & can genuinely be enjoyed. They also hold their value very well.
A football club costs a massive amount of money & will continue costing him massive amounts! I'm not sure he'll enjoy that. I know plenty of wealthy people & most of them are very tight when it comes to money & all of them hate losing money.

MasterHaynes

So we bought no players , sold
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 12, 2013, 10:13:00 PM
I hope he stays .

Yes losses. We made a small profit year ending June 2011 of £4.4m. Year ending June 2012 we lost £18.7m & £16.9m loss year ending June 2010. June 2013 accounts not yet published but I doubt very much we made a profit, nothing to suggest an improvement in our financial situation at all & absolutely no chance did we make £20m - £30m profit - no idea where you got this figure from??? As for the extra £60m television money, a quarter of that is already gone with a £16m loan we took out recently, which is repayable in August.
As I said above, we are a loss making business & the losses are significant from a turnover in the region of £77m - £78m. Therefore, I don't understand why someone would spend so much to buy a loss making business with no immediate solution to our financial situation.
sold out nearly every game, spent 5-6m on new players had 6-7 players on loan and got £21m for Moussa and Demps. The loss in 2012 was not an actual loss because Mo started his repayment on loans at £10m a year with other write downs.

Riversider

£30 million spent this summer on transfers would be a fortune for us , but for somebody that has a wealth of nearly 2 Billion its peanuts, the only place to be is the Premier League a football club is virtually worthless outside of it and I'm pretty sure he has been made aware of that fact.

Fulham76

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 12, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
So we bought no players , sold
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 12, 2013, 10:13:00 PM
I hope he stays .

sold out nearly every game, spent 5-6m on new players had 6-7 players on loan and got £21m for Moussa and Demps. The loss in 2012 was not an actual loss because Mo started his repayment on loans at £10m a year with other write downs.

We've been sold out nearly every home game for many years but we still lose money. Our wages were over £62m last year from turnover of £78m. We're never going to make money with that sort of ratio. Not unusual in football but a long long way to go before we're truly self sufficient & profitable.

And, our loss in 2012 WAS an actual loss. All public information if you want to check out companies house. Surely you're not suggesting false accounting by big Mo???

God The Mechanic

Turnover is gonna increase dramatically due to the new TV deal, and hopefully as a result of this takeover.  Be it through Khan knowing how to market in America or just through JJ fans becoming interested in FFC.

supersimmo123

I agree the fact Fulham will be heavily exposed in the American market will open a whole new revenue stream, as I'm sure it will equally benefit the Jags

FTID

I hope so. He is just beginning to really shape the club up to his suitings and bring in the players he needs. Changing the manager now means that it would take time for the new one to settle in and make the club how he likes it. I really hope jol stays

First State

Chill, Jol's not going anywhere.

Holders

So Mr Khan has bought a football club and people are questioning his motives.  Don't all our hobbies cost us money? It's just a question of scale - it's all relative.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Holders on July 12, 2013, 10:58:57 PM
So Mr Khan has bought a football club and people are questioning his motives.  Don't all our hobbies cost us money? It's just a question of scale - it's all relative.
I wish he was my relative!!!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"