watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extremely uneasy!!!

Started by nose, July 12, 2013, 11:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

When MAF cam to us, I knew him and already had a regard for him as a man that was'clourful' and willing to take on the establishment.
The world of football was still a very different place and we were lucky to get him when we did.
Buying a club like fulham was good for MAF but he is clearly now aging and looking a little less than 100% so the fact he wants to sell is understandable.

I don't know this new man. i don't know why he would want to own fulham.
He could be just what we need, I hope so. But if things don't go well on the pitch, will he dump us? Or is he in it for the long run and really want to get us somewhere that we would all want to be.

I am very uneasy but still hopeful.

bmasar

I suggest you do some research on the man. Sounds like he's the ideal owner for FFC based on all accounts.

FTID

Jacksonville jaguars are one of the worst teams in the Nfl, I'm scared!

The Equalizer

There's always going to be trepidation, and I have the same feelings, but I think that this mainly comes down to what Al Fayed has helped us achieve over the years. When he bought us we were in a terrible state. Okay, we had just been promoted, but he took over a pile of poo and turned it into gold.

Will Khan keep this up for us? I don't know. I think that seeing the successes and failures of other owners has given us all a certain amount of nerves, especially when you look at the Glaziers, Venkys and Fernandes's of this world.

What I do know is that Mohammed Al Fayed loves this club, and I seriously doubt that he'd leave us in the hands of a tyrant or a thief. I trust his judgment, I trust his belief in Fulham and I trust that he has chosen the right person for this job.

Who knows what the future will bring? We certainly have little control over the outcome, but all we can do is have trust and hope for the best. I don't think that's too much to ask.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ron

Quote from: bmasar on July 12, 2013, 11:38:04 PM
I suggest you do some research on the man. Sounds like he's the ideal owner for FFC based on all accounts.

But then again, so was Ernie Clay !

Northern Cottager

Sounds like a good replacement for al Fayed. Read what he said to the site and on initial impressions he sounds ideal. Doesn't say he wants to throw money at the situation to buy success which is what most fans at clubs want to hear but said he wants to run the club prudently to ensure a successful future.

Sounds good to me, fingers crossed.

Sammyffc

do reseach before you judge , jacksonville were poo before he bought them . the fans over there love him . check there forums . he only got them in 2011 . chill

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FTID on July 12, 2013, 11:41:26 PM

They have been for a long time before he took over. Read their forums and see how happy they are with him taking over.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2013, 11:42:45 PM
There's always going to be trepidation, and I have the same feelings, but I think that this mainly comes down to what Al Fayed has helped us achieve over the years. When he bought us we were in a terrible state. Okay, we had just been promoted, but he took over a pile of sh1t and turned it into gold.

Will Khan keep this up for us? I don't know. I think that seeing the successes and failures of other owners has given us all a certain amount of nerves, especially when you look at the Glaziers, Venkys and Fernandes's of this world.

What I do know is that Mohammed Al Fayed loves this club, and I seriously doubt that he'd leave us in the hands of a tyrant or a thief. I trust his judgment, I trust his belief in Fulham and I trust that he has chosen the right person for this job.Who knows what the future will bring? We certainly have little control over the outcome, but all we can do is have trust and hope for the best. I don't think that's too much to ask.

:plus one:

F(f)CUK

16 years ago it was easy to accept Fayed as we had nothing to lose. It shows how far we have come that anyone can be fearful of being owned by a billionaire. I suggest your new motto should be 'embrace the tache'

zander

The Jags were a mess when he took them on but he's starting to stabalise them. It's also hard to compare the running and success of an NFL team with that of a football one.

nose

i am uneasy because i do not know him. it is the fear of fear.
he may be the vest thing since sliced bread, we will see.

MayoDomo

Quote from: zander on July 12, 2013, 11:53:05 PM

The Jags were a mess when he took them on but he's starting to stabalise them. It's also hard to compare the running and success of an NFL team with that of a football one.

This is true.  In most American sports if you aren't contending for the play-offs. (Jags.) Then it's better to be last, so you get 1st draft spot for the next season.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

dino1828

Ok guys Khan has had the Jaguars for 1 season it went bad and he fired everyone, now team has a fresh face and is on the right path now, you guys watch this year they will be a much improved team this year, training camp is 2 weeks away.

Lighthouse

When the news first came out I was very nervous. But Al Fayed would not let his legacy go down the drain. Having seen what our new owner had to say about his life in an interview and read what he has said about Fulham. Listened to the fans of Jacksonville Jags and then looked at everything that has been going on. I am less nervous than I was. It will not be a case of throwing money at the problem. So we can forget huge sums of money on players. It looks as if our new owner understands and is saying the right things. I look forward to the new era.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Bassey the warrior

I share many of the questions. The way I see it it can go one of two ways, either the guy is very ignorant of the club and it's potential profitability, or he likes the status of owning a Premier League team and given he's very rich making considerable profit isn't his main aim.

Of course I hope it's the latter, and I hope he leaves the footballing decisions to footballing people.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: The Moose on July 13, 2013, 12:36:38 AM
I share many of the questions. The way I see it it can go one of two ways, either the guy is very ignorant of the club and it's potential profitability, or he likes the status of owning a Premier League team and given he's very rich making considerable profit isn't his main aim.

Of course I hope it's the latter, and I hope he leaves the footballing decisions to footballing people.

I don't think MAF would sell the club to just anyone after all the hardwork and money he's put into Fulham over the last 16 years.  He's very proud of what he has been able to accomplish at the club and I think he would only sell to someone he felt could move the club forward and not to someone who would tear down all the he has built.  Who know what the future holds, but I can't help but feel excited about what SK can possibly offer as owner or Fulham.