News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time for MAF to finally get his citizenship?

Started by Forever Fulham, July 13, 2013, 08:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

He's been denied for so long.  And he doesn't have much longer.  You'd think by now the government would relent and grant it to him.  It's something he's wanted, based on readings I've come across.  He's certainly been 'in country' long enough, contributing to the economy, to society and the general well being of the public.  So, if you really want to do something to honor him, why not start a petition.  Just a thought.  Say, 30,000 letters for starters should get Her Majesty's attention.  How many fans would participate?

The Equalizer

Why would he want it now? He's not going to get any benefit from it.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Berserker

I agree can't see that he would want it now. He seems to pulling out of the UK. Even the his complex in Scotland that burnt down doesn't look like it will be rebuilt by him in the near future
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Forever Fulham

Call it a truce.  A peace offering.  Recognition for doing good.  Building something that benefited others.  Didn't he always want citizenship?  Are his children citizens?

fulhamben

its never going to happen. if you forget what mo has done for us for a minute and look at some of the shadier things he has done, added to the accusations against the monarchy regarding his son. then do you blame us for denying him citizenship.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Forever Fulham

Yes, weird things happened at Harrod's.  And he accused the royal family of involvement in the death of Dodi, right?  He wasn't asked to leave the country.  They said 'yes' to his money, his ownership of FFC.  He carried on, contributing to the economy.  He got everything he wanted, it seems, except citizenship.  There are reprobates walking the streets with citizenship. They've done nothing for the country.   Nobody is taking it away from those people.  The man is 84.  It would be a nice gesture to finally give him what he's always sought: citizenship. 

SouthfieldWhite

I've put the same idea on Fb, of course he'd want it, out of principle, we give British citizenship to any dodgy foreigner these days, Mo has employed thousands and done untold for charity, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you if you gave up that easy,

SaltfordWhite

nose

regarding the question in the headline.
It is long since been the time for him to get citezenship. He absolutely should be given his passport
BUT
It's not gonna happen, never. the establishment hate him, end of (so to speak).

grandad

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on July 13, 2013, 10:46:18 AM
Didn't he also make his money gun running?
Oh and our Government has never supplied arms to any tin pot country to protect oil supplies.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Forever Fulham

What?!!!    If you're in Shipping, does that mean you are gun running?  Did the authorities ever find containers of arms on his ships?  What's your source?

Forever Fulham

Your country.  You all profess to love him so.  It's easy to send a 'thank you' note.  Make an old man weep with happiness by sending a form letter to ________ asking that MAF be granted citizenship for what he's done for the club, its fans, the sport, and the city.   Does he deserve any less?

Bradstow

Anyone who has been so insulting to our Royal Family will never deserve to be British
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Forever Fulham

A flurry of thousands of letters asking that citizenship be granted will
Make the evening news.  They will talk for at least ten years how fans and supporters of the little club by the river so loved their owner that when he sold the club and 'retired' at 84, they petitioned their government en masse to grant him the citizenship he was always denied.  It doesn't matter to MAF whether it is ultimately granted.  What matters is the fans' act of asking.  And it will send a clear message to the new owner, that he has big shoes to fill, that the former owner was beloved, that we are worth the expense.  

CincyFulham1

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 13, 2013, 10:34:44 AM
I've put the same idea on Fb, of course he'd want it, out of principle, we give British citizenship to any dodgy foreigner these days, Mo has employed thousands and done untold for charity, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you if you gave up that easy,

I don't know if I'm dodgy enough, but I'll take one.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Bradstow on July 13, 2013, 11:11:20 AM
Anyone who has been so insulting to our Royal Family will never deserve to be British
I respect your point of view.  And I hope you respect the very large percent of the Queen's subjects who feel differently about the monarchy.  Do I think the Family had anything to do with Dodi's death?  No.   But I can forgive him for going off the rails in bitter grief over the death of his pride and joy.   Life is messy.  All the papparrazi constantly chasing that couple.  He can be forgiven for believing in a conspiracy.  Grief does that to people.  Makes them think and believe all kinds of odd things.  All I'm hearing is "Yes, but" here, so I'll withdraw.  But I'm going to send a letter anyway.  Who wants to tell me to whom it should be addressed for maximum effect?

fulhamben

But I'm going to send a letter anyway.  Who wants to tell me to whom it should be addressed for maximum effect?
[/quote]neil hamilton and tim smith would be a good start ;)

cmg

Little chance of this happening now - there are no organisations (with the possible exception of the Mafia) as vindictive as national governments. MAF burned his boats (no, not the shipping line ones) with his entertaining, if somewhat deranged, attempts to implicate Royal personages in the Diana demise.
As has  been said, why would he want it now?

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 13, 2013, 10:56:53 AM
What?!!!    If you're in Shipping, does that mean you are gun running?  

No, of course not. Wouldn't dream of even suggesting it.....although he was married to Adnan Khashoggi's sister!

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 13, 2013, 11:23:17 AM

I don't know if I'm dodgy enough, but I'll take one.

The degree of dodginess is unimportant; what matters is the direction in which the proceeds of the dodges are directed.

SaltfordWhite

I'm not digging him out, I'm his biggest fan for what he has done for my club!

It's something that I saw on tv a long time ago regarding it. I think it was that Clarrisa Dickson Wright who said that she was witness to some terrible things but was bound by the official secrets act and so couldn't say anything.

I would love to have seen him get citizenship back when he wanted it, but there must have been something incredibly damning for him not to have got it when you consider what he owned here, and how much income he commanded.

It might have just been rocking the establishment when taking on and beating Tiny Rowlands, but I doubt it.

fulhamben

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on July 13, 2013, 02:09:23 PM
I'm not digging him out, I'm his biggest fan for what he has done for my club!

It's something that I saw on tv a long time ago regarding it. I think it was that Clarrisa Dickson Wright who said that she was witness to some terrible things but was bound by the official secrets act and so couldn't say anything.

I would love to have seen him get citizenship back when he wanted it, but there must have been something incredibly damning for him not to have got it when you consider what he owned here, and how much income he commanded.

It might have just been rocking the establishment when taking on and beating Tiny Rowlands, but I doubt it.

i would have thought the cash for questions was highier up the denial list than the rowlands affair