News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Shahid Khan Era Silly Season Thread (Transfer speculation after 13/7)

Started by Riverside, July 13, 2013, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Holders on September 03, 2013, 08:29:49 AM
Quote from: The Moose on September 03, 2013, 08:19:55 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on September 03, 2013, 12:57:23 AM
Some of the lads who were at Motspur park tonight had a long chat with AM. Biggest news that we do have an option on Taarabt whether QPR come up or not. Bent hasn't got an option, but the club are optimistic about getting him cheap next season as he'll almost be out of contract. Parker was offered 1m a year more wages at Rangers and still chose us, which is a brilliant sign. Diarra is also still training with us.

Credit to @FFC2004 And @NathanJHarding
May I ask, who confirmed this? Was it an official source?

As Moose asks, what is the provenance of this information? Who are "some of the lads"? If correct, this is interesting and the sort of information that can potentially give some comfort at a worrying time, so one wonders why if AM is prepared to divulge this that it hadn't previously been given, albeit in an edited form.

Two Fulham fans that were outside Motspur Park all day yesterday.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Joe McDonald

Some interesting comments on Twitter last night and all day yesterday from ex-players saying the general scramble on the last day is often a sign of how badly run a club is.

We did most of our business early in the window.

Yes, we couldn't find a creative midfield player at the right value fee/wages/availability/willing to join.  There may be some players that become free agents in the coming weeks that we could pick up, much like Kara and Diarra in previous years.  Maybe, Jol will have to look at an alternative system that suits our available players...

This whole knee-jerk reaction to issues is so symptomatic of a malaise in social standards.  Nobody seems to get as irate about big businesses screwing employees on zero hour contracts, or the fact that tax payers bailed out the banks that are now paying even bigger dividends to shareholders.  Or that energy firms are lobbying government to ensure they can continue to put up prices year on year.

Get an effing grip and have good hard look at yourselves.

SKSW6

If you knew the guys who were there last night, you'd know they aren't the type to lie, and what would be the point? There also seemed to be a couple of others who relayed the same information. We know Fulham are pretty mysterious with their transfers, but I don't know why we wouldn't just make the option on Taarabt public.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: SKSW6 on September 03, 2013, 10:25:39 AM
If you knew the guys who were there last night, you'd know they aren't the type to lie, and what would be the point? There also seemed to be a couple of others who relayed the same information. We know Fulham are pretty mysterious with their transfers, but I don't know why we wouldn't just make the option on Taarabt public.

Becaue it isn't in the interest of his 'parent' club?

FFC1987

Quote from: frei bentos on September 03, 2013, 05:58:34 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on September 03, 2013, 12:57:23 AM
Some of the lads who were at Motspur park tonight had a long chat with AM. Biggest news that we do have an option on Taarabt whether QPR come up or not. Bent hasn't got an option, but the club are optimistic about getting him cheap next season as he'll almost be out of contract. Parker was offered 1m a year more wages at Rangers and still chose us, which is a brilliant sign. Diarra is also still training with us.

Credit to @FFC2004 And @NathanJHarding

So it seems like we are pinning our hopes on Diarra. If he can stay fit until january we have a chance of staying up. Its a big if though. I really hope he is fit enough to start the next game

'We have a chance of staying up'......Blimey, soem of the overreactions on here are unbelieveable.....

Holders

As I said above, this is interesting information.

The lack of info on a Taarabt option may be down to a QPR request, or maybe to hide the lack of one on Bent.

Either way, strange that AM would divulge that for it to inevitably get reported when it wasn't earlier published in the appropriate weasel words. It's either for the public domain or it's not.

It would be interesting to know from your contacts if they discussed with him our (to most observers) three recent poor performances and any comments he made.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SKSW6

Quote from: Holders on September 03, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

As I said above, this is interesting information.

The lack of info on a Taarabt option may be down to a QPR request, or maybe to hide the lack of one on Bent.

Either way, strange that AM would divulge that for it to inevitably get reported when it wasn't earlier published in the appropriate weasel words. It's either for the public domain or it's not.

It would be interesting to know from your contacts if they discussed with him our (to most observers) three recent poor performances and any comments he made.

Yeah I think either scenario is pretty believable, and AM also said that Taarabt is loving being here and doesn't particularly want to go back to QPR. They didn't, but he went on to say that he was positive about working under Khan (although he was always going to say that), they think highly of Richardson, they managed to get all of their targets, and they'd been looking at Zverotic for a while. Stek should be returning soon as well.

Holders

That's all good information, SW6. I'm sure there'd be a lot less discontent if they just bothered to tell us that sort of thing.

If they managed to get all of the targets that's good to hear as well.

No info from him on Amo or Riether's injuries?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SKSW6

Quote from: Holders on September 03, 2013, 11:27:33 AM
That's all good information, SW6. I'm sure there'd be a lot less discontent if they just bothered to tell us that sort of thing.

If they managed to get all of the targets that's good to hear as well.

No info from him on Amo or Riether's injuries?

Nah, he had to move on eventually as other staff were trying to get out of the car park. I imagine if I was in that situation I'd forget a ton of stuff that I'd kick myself later on for not asking, but the guys who were there did a pretty good job imo. He did also mentioned that the club were aware of the kid trying to take pyro to games who's always mouthing off on Twitter, and that the club think highly of Mesca. I think that's everything now!

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on September 03, 2013, 02:12:00 PM
Carlton Cole anyone ;) just joking

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I'd take Carlton Cole. Him and Berba up front together would be a no though. Bent and Cole would cause some problems.

FFC1987

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 03, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I'd take Carlton Cole. Him and Berba up front together would be a no though. Bent and Cole would cause some problems.

I'd rather Hugo than Cole. He is terrible.

itombomb

It was actually a good transfer window all told, we've got a better squad than this time last year.

The problem is we really needed that extra CM and I don't trust Jol to pick the right side.

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 03, 2013, 02:16:15 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 03, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

I'd rather Hugo than Cole. He is terrible.

I was joking about Cole, but not being a fan of either Hugo or Cole if I had to choose it would be Hugo.

Or give a youngster a go
Every day is a Fulham day

Riverside

So we now have the full silly season finished

Was there much difference between the MAF era and the Shahid Khan era ?

MAF
Derek Boateng – 22nd May, 2013
Amorebieta – 22nd May,
Maarten Stekelenburg – 5th June
Giorgio Karagounis – 9th July

SHAHID KHAN
Adel Taraabt – 7th  August 2013
Darren Bent – 16th August 2013
Sascha Riether – 16th August, 2013
Scott Parker – 19th August
Elsad Zverotić- 2nd September

My view . No radical departure or change in policy and quality of targets .
Really the Mac and Jol show continued with a similar budget ....

Your views ?

jmh

Not much departure, as you noted.  I think it's been generally accepted that there was a plan of responsible spending in place when the summer started, probably before the Khan takeover was on the horizon.  If that's the case, and if we accept that Khan arrives as a neophyte to the sport, it seems reasonable that he would want to stay existing course while learning more about the workings of the club and the league, rather than spend a whole lot of money right up front, when he himself doesn't necessarily know enough to decide for himself whether such spending is justified, just for the sake of making a splash to placate the supporters.

PaulJ123

I get the feeling Jol is very reliant on Diarra getting back to fitness..

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: PaulJ123 on September 04, 2013, 07:23:11 PM
I get the feeling Jol is very reliant on Diarra getting back to fitness..

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Zu-Meister

"At this club we have Alistair doing all the deals, I am not even involved in all the financial stuff," Jol told talkSPORT. "I advise him and then he tries to make us happy because we are a team. I have my scout Barry Simmonds and he is a main factor so we have a very good system in place. "We are probably 20th in the league for spending money but we still do well and we are very proud of that. "We got Darren Bent and Scott Parker who I think will be a hit and, if we can attract these players, we are doing well."