watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advisers

Started by cookieg, July 13, 2013, 06:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

I am sure that Chairman Khan has sought advice before buying our beloved club. I just hope that those advisers did not include "super agents" who might be looking to offload some of their average Clients to the next Premier league team with "money" to make a big fat commission.

I get the feeling that we have always tried to be very frugal when it comes to big signings and agents fees - although I stand to be corrected - but I do hope we don't get linked with loads of "Carlos Kickaballs" not that we have already of course but even think of signing them. I trust Jol to do the right thing and hope that he steers clear of any pressure to sign anyone who really isn't good for us.

SouthfieldWhite

Fulham are very shrewd when it comes to transfere, I've been very lucky into the insight of what goes on when first identifying a player, it's not as straight forward as let's sign so and so and agreeing a fee with the club.

I really hope we don't over look our academy players for big name money grabbers

valdeingruo

It wont happen, the statements both MAFIA and Mr Kahn have been making are indicitive of this. Plus we have a list of targets. Depending on money now available or not, the club may look higher up on the list or lower, depending.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cookieg

Fair point but as I much as I have enjoyed the last 16 years under MAF he did say we would become the "Manchester United of the South" and it didn't happen. Our growth has been steady and sustainable which actually has been far better than those clubs that spend a lot and have paid the price.

What I would hate to see is players coming in just for the money having been "recommended" to us. There are some very good U21 and U18 players that should be given a chance to progress as well as the likes of Frei and Kasami. It is good that we look at players higher up the list but they have to be the right players.

SaltfordWhite

I think that we can trust Mackintosh and Jol, they know what they are doing.

Burt

My preference is to continue with the approach that the club already have in place - premier league status, but not at any cost... Live within your means rather than be the next Leeds/Pompey/Coventry/etc.

Big Martin Jol

Shahid Khan isn't an idiot - he knows that in both business and sport there are conflicts of interest and I doubt he would be willing to spend millions of pounds on the strength of an agent's recommendation. He would probably put a good deal of effort into consulting with people in the know and checking that he is getting value for money.

If testimony from the Jacksonville Jaguars fans is to be believed then he tends to leave on-field matters to the experts, and being relatively unfamiliar with the Premier League he will hopefully do the same here at Fulham.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.