watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worried

Started by fulhamborn and proud, July 14, 2013, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamborn and proud

:016: someone has proberly said this already, I'm concerned that that our new we might end up like Pommy and Hearts. When Mo came in there were'nt very many forigen owners (me thinks) in the game and he showed how it should be done.
Am I just being pessamistic I hope not

alexbishop

you are. This guy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to splash the cash here there and everywhere. He said his focus is on sustainability, much like Al Fayed. Money will be invested, but staff will be held to account to ensure there are improvements in performance and league position to justify the investments. This guy didnt make billions in car parts as a fluke.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

i think you are, lets give the man some benefit of the doubt.  with all those chairmen that you have mentioned and others ie icelandic bloke at westham and that (was he the chinese bloke) that bought city they all came in and promised huge transfer kitys and talked about competing at the top level. well mr khan has come in and made no outlandish promises but has instaed mention sustainable progress and how the cottage is important as is the expasnsion. for me he is saying all the right things (unless you were hoping we would do a city) and should be granted the benefit of doubt as in his short tenure so far, he has done nothing to warrant any doubt.....
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2013, 09:20:37 AM
i think you are, lets give the man some benefit of the doubt.  with all those chairmen that you have mentioned and others ie icelandic bloke at westham and that (was he the chinese bloke) that bought city they all came in and promised huge transfer kitys and talked about competing at the top level. well mr khan has come in and made no outlandish promises but has instaed mention sustainable progress and how the cottage is important as is the expasnsion. for me he is saying all the right things (unless you were hoping we would do a city) and should be granted the benefit of doubt as in his short tenure so far, he has done nothing to warrant any doubt.....

I agree with you, and, I think we got carried away with the budget Jol would have. I think Khans attitude is, if Jol needs/wants a player, within reason, Khan will be happy to back him. I believe we need 3/4 more players, a versatile full back, a creative centre mid, or 2, and an attacking midfielder/striker. If we get decent players, and also develop the youth over the season, we should finish comfortably in the top half.

fulham traveller

I am cautiously optimistic, I would rather he say what he said, than make promises like other chairman, t.f and Liverpool owners spring to mind, that get everyone hopes up, that's not the Fulham way, t.f said that rangers don't have a budget and look what happened to them, action will speak louder than words, and so far he played it safe, which is fine by me, we were lucky with al fayed very lucky

fulhamborn and proud

I so hope that all the replys faith is right,you are right to say that we should wait and see. fingers etc crossed

Alternative

We are lucky that Shad is neither a Russian crook, nor an individual who came into money easily via inherited oil wealth.

He made his own way in the world via the motor industry - no dodgy arms deals etc.

He is affable and willing to engage with the media - unlike some owners.

Of course, he does not know much about football; so you have to hope that he surrounds himself with those who do and is capable of finding sound advice. Hopefully the same people who helped Fayad will still be there.

Other than that, we wait and see. I am hopeful and reasonably optimistic.

Lighthouse

Yeah well some chairman claimed we would be the Man Utd of the South and was going to move us from the ground. It will happen again. But for now, it seems we are going to be in good hands. Who knows what will happen when we need to push higher and ambition raises its head.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope