watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

shahid (shad) khan is coming up on 5 live

Started by fulhamben, July 14, 2013, 09:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

saying the riverside expantion is a priority :)

shnlwswlkr

Doesn't sound like he's gonna be putting much money forward for new players.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

alexbishop

Said all the right things. Good interview.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Holders

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 14, 2013, 09:43:07 AM
#

To have done so would send the wrong signal to any club we're negotiating with.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Holders on July 14, 2013, 09:54:22 AM
#

I dunno, I think that is just wishful thinking, from what he said he just wants to carry on as we are and expand the riverside stand. He is happy with pushing for a top 10 finish, didn't seem to excited about pushing for a europa league spot at all.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on July 14, 2013, 09:56:09 AM
#

I dunno, I think that is just wishful thinking, from what he said he just wants to carry on as we are and expand the riverside stand. He is happy with pushing for a top 10 finish, didn't seem to excited about pushing for a europa league spot at all.
finally a chairman who knows it championsleague or nothing. but on a serious note, how much do you really think he knows about prem football? because as it stands you can only get into europe by finishing 5th or winning a cup. do you think he really knows about all the Permutations of actually qualifying for it, so to say we will get into europe without knowing the full ins and outs would be a little foolish.

kempkong

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2013, 10:07:52 AM
#

finally a chairman who knows it championsleague or nothing. but on a serious note, how much do you really think he knows about prem football? because as it stands you can only get into europe by finishing 5th or winning a cup. do you think he really knows about all the Permutations of actually qualifying for it, so to say we will get into europe without knowing the full ins and outs would be a little foolish.

He may have some idea but not the details - Jol will brief him on the position and options. He certainly came across in the little I've seen as shrewd enough not to have put his foot in some of the obvious traps. I was particularly pleased to hear him say that the Riverside is "vital" and "a priority".

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on July 14, 2013, 10:21:57 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2013, 10:07:52 AM
#

He may have some idea but not the details - Jol will brief him on the position and options. He certainly came across in the little I've seen as shrewd enough not to have put his foot in some of the obvious traps. I was particularly pleased to hear him say that the Riverside is "vital" and "a priority".
yes i really like what he is saying, and i feel a lot better about it all than i did when the rumour first broke.

SaltfordWhite

This 'money, money, money' thing is starting to get on my wick.

fulhamben

Holders

He seemed to say "steady as we go". Reading between the lines he seems to relate improved performance as much with management, systems and infrastructure as money.

Brown@FFC

He wants stability, that's key. A stable PL team is a consistent top half team. If we achieved this over the coming seasons, I would be very happy. With investment in the team, a FB, creator CM and an attacking midfielder/striker, we should be pushing for definite top half this season. The investment doesn't need to be silly, around £20m would suffice.

rusty shackleford

Good interview. Pretty reassuring. We dont need massive investment but a modest sum on a couple of important players should see a comfortable top ten finish

zschwartz

#

yes and no. we're by no means starting with a clean slate. we've got a decent number of players on mid-to-long-term contracts. we didn't have as dire of a year as Sunderland to warrant the kind of purge Di Canio has underway.

How many players do you think this squad needs in order to push for europa league? i would say two or three if (IF) we remain unusually healthy for an older squad (And Martin enters every match with my preferred squad selection...!). Obviously they have to be the right players and not just expensive ones. but 2-3 areas in the rotation where we are lacking quality or have insufficient depth...backup/rotation striker, creative center mid, backup right back.  at that point i don't think we're too far off of swansea or wigan in pushing for a cup run.

The thing that I found the most concerning about the interview was the requirement for Jol, in-between pre-season matches, to travel from Costa Rica to Jacksonville with Brede to have a conversation... Initially i thought it was said that Khan would travel to Costa Rica to meet the team and discuss things there.  It seems unnecessary asking Jol to travel with Brede back into the US then back again the next day for another game Then after another brief stint back to England.  Either fly to meet them and watch the friendlies as was initially the plan or discuss things in person after.

Burt

Why should he change the direction that MAF has been following? Premier league status, whilst living within our means. Makes total sense to me.

fulhamguy

Just listened, the interviewer saying our ground is 24k capacity... ugh

Khan is definitely plowing on with the Riverside development though.
COYW!

JackyFulham90

He will invest in the team he will want to get the fans onside