watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The challenge of having a new boss...MJ

Started by jarv, July 14, 2013, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Nobody likes having to get used to a new boss. This season could be Jol's defining season.

The thing he seems best at is finding and attracting some decent players at the right price (usually free). I think, if given a few bob, he has to hit the bulls eye with his choice of players brought in. I hope he does and things get better on the pitch this season and keep all the moaners and doubters (including me at times) quiet.

We all know, there were too many games last season when things could not get much worse.

I reckon we will be ok.

WhiteJC

Quote from: jarv on July 14, 2013, 01:24:12 PM
Nobody likes having to get used to a new boss. This season could be Jol's defining season.

We all know, there were too many games last season when things could not get much worse.

...then we played Reading at home  :Get Coat gif:

HatterDon

The thing he seems best at is finding and attracting some decent players at the right price (usually free). I think, if given a few bob, he has to hit the bulls eye with his choice of players brought in. I hope he does and things get better on the pitch this season and keep all the moaners and doubters (including me at times) quiet.

I reckon we will be ok.

to be fair, EVERY season is a defining season for a football manager.
to be also fair, Jol is at his best with a squad filled with talented players in their prime. He's not the manager for a side filled with 30+ ers and short term signees

If we can replenish the gaps in the squad that already exist with younger skillful players, Jol might have the material to get us comfortably into the 2nd league [6th-10th] on a firm basis. If we're going to continue to live hand-to-mouth, secure 40 points and maybe have a cup run every 3 or 4 years, I don't think Jol's the guy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on July 14, 2013, 02:58:33 PM

I reckon we will be ok.

to be fair, EVERY season is a defining season for a football manager.
to be also fair, Jol is at his best with a squad filled with talented players in their prime. He's not the manager for a side filled with 30+ ers and short term signees

If we can replenish the gaps in the squad that already exist with younger skillful players, Jol might have the material to get us comfortably into the 2nd league [6th-10th] on a firm basis. If we're going to continue to live hand-to-mouth, secure 40 points and maybe have a cup run every 3 or 4 years, I don't think Jol's the guy.

If this is the case, I don't think anyone in management, from Khan on down, is the guy. It's no way to run a club and definitely no way to expand a brand, which is what seems to be Khan's aim in all of this.

Investment, not at every position of course, must be made into players who are coming into their prime. We cannot continue working the freebie market while we wait on the teenagers to grow up and into the first team. Sooner or later it'll back fire and we'll have too many injuries, or injuries to the wrong players,  for the team to survive.

I think the challenge for Jol is that there is no promised second season and no "the old man always wanted me here" sentiment from the chairman. Jol has to succeed - this season - with what he's given and what he's stocked the team with already. Personally, I think he'll need to have a good run into the top ten to survive here.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

valdeingruo

I believe this is also his last in contract with us, so it really could be make or break for Jol
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi