watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Enoh signed?

Started by CravenCottager, July 15, 2013, 08:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CravenCottager

Couldn't help but notice on Fulham's match report from the friendly against CS Cartagines that Enoh is listed as an unused substitute. Perhaps done in error or else an indication that we have signed him.

Link here: http://www.fulhamfc.com/match-centre/2013_2014/friendly/cs-cartagines

You will need to scroll all the way to the bottom - no idea how to add a screenshot so no doubt the link will be amended and you can simply dismiss this as the ravings of a loon...
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

tommy

I didnt notice him sat on the bench during the game.

Humbled

Also see this, fingers crossed he has signed!!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Just a cut and paste as first attempt:

Match Information
Venue: Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José
Attendance: N/A
Referee:
C.S. Cartaginés

Lineup:

Alfaro; Ramírez, Sirias; López; Villalobos, Fernández; Fonseca, Silva; de Oliveira, Lezcano; Jiménez

Unused substitutes:

Fulham

Lineup:

Stockdale (Stekelenburg 45'); Riether (Vigen Christensen 77'), John Arne Riise (Richardson 45'); Sidwell (David 69'); Hughes (Hangeland 45'), Senderos (Amorebieta 45'); Duff (Dejagah 45'), Karagounis (Derek Boateng 45'); Berbatov (Rodallega 45'); Kasami (Ruiz 45'); Mesca (Kacaniklic 45')

Unused substitutes:

Etheridge, Briggs, Enoh, Trotta, Tankovic

Southcoastffc

So, 22 players made it onto the pitch + 5 unused subs = 27.  Prem rules say (I think) that the first team squad can't be more than 25 (of which 8 have to be 'home grown').  I wonder which 2 players at the game yesterday won't make the squad this year? A choice from Trotta, Tankovic,  Vigen Christensen and Mesca?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ordar

Any players under 21 dont count towards the squad numbers. You can use as many youth players as you like

Brown@FFC

He has been removed from the list. Anyway, not the type of player we need.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Ordar on July 15, 2013, 09:27:45 AM
Any players under 21 dont count towards the squad numbers. You can use as many youth players as you like

Yeah, Steklenburg, Stockdale, Etheridge, Riether, Hangeland, Amorebieta, Senderos, Hughes, Riise, Richardson, Briggs, Boateng, Sidwell, Duff, Dejagah, Berbatov, Ruiz, Rodallega. They are all over 21. I count 18.

Southcoastffc

I had forgotten about -21s thanks.  (And I was assuming, perhaps negatively, that we won't get any new players in before the start of the season).   I see that Trotta and Mesca are both 20, Tankovic and Christensen both 18.  Let's hope that we see at least a couple of them making a few appearances in the first team this year.  
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 15, 2013, 09:42:34 AM

You sure? Sidwell was pants yesterday.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2013, 09:48:28 AM

Agreed, Sidders looked out of sorts yesterday and Enoh was possibly our best midfielder at the end of last season...At 2 mil he is a steal.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

FFC1987

Been saying Sidwell is suspect for a while now.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 15, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

I defended him loads last season, until his back to back sendings off. He's to hot headed and he can't pick a pass, time challenges or do much of the basic stuff. Last night was only a friendly and they say the result etc doesn't matter but he did very little to warrant being in the first team and he surely should of been playing at 110% with Boateng and him possibly competing for one position.

FFC1987

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 15, 2013, 11:12:42 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 15, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

I defended him loads last season, until his back to back sendings off. He's to hot headed and he can't pick a pass, time challenges or do much of the basic stuff. Last night was only a friendly and they say the result etc doesn't matter but he did very little to warrant being in the first team and he surely should of been playing at 110% with Boateng and him possibly competing for one position.

The 'playing for places' is what I thought too. David, Boatang, potentially Enoh and Karagounis are competition enough. You need to to start looking sharp or be left behind. Regardless of how early into pre season it is, it's very easy after a few months to drop down the pecking order.

tommy

I didn't think Sidwell was that bad yesterday. I'd like to see the stats of the game. I bet he had more touches then anyone else on the pitch

Lighthouse

Quote from: tommy on July 15, 2013, 11:40:45 AM
I didn't think Sidwell was that bad yesterday. I'd like to see the stats of the game. I bet he had more touches then anyone else on the pitch

Yes put in plenty of work and was far from being poor yesterday but like Rodders up front fans just don't like them. Yes we could find better players, but better players will still need better service than Rodders had all night, despite a poor finish near the end. We would still need a player like Sidders to fill in the midfield that sometimes is pushed too deep. So I can see improvement is needed but the problem is service to the forwards and we would like a different type of forward coming in/ Left back also a real problem and cover in a few areas of the squad.

Enoh would do but would we need to spend out on another player in that area or a more forward thinking midfielder as Jol stated a few weeks ago.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

Perhaps, but it was a friendly so everyone put down their pitchforks.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: EJL on July 15, 2013, 12:33:04 PM

Perhaps, but it was a friendly so everyone put down their pitchforks.

I'm one of the first to defend Sidwell. He was alright last season but we need someone more consistent in my opinion. Last night was his time to stake a claim on the CDM position and he did close to nothing.

Zu-Meister

enohs name has been taken off

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2013, 11:48:58 AM
Quote from: tommy on July 15, 2013, 11:40:45 AM

Yes put in plenty of work and was far from being poor yesterday but like Rodders up front fans just don't like them. Yes we could find better players, but better players will still need better service than Rodders had all night, despite a poor finish near the end. We would still need a player like Sidders to fill in the midfield that sometimes is pushed too deep. So I can see improvement is needed but the problem is service to the forwards and we would like a different type of forward coming in/ Left back also a real problem and cover in a few areas of the squad.

Enoh would do but would we need to spend out on another player in that area or a more forward thinking midfielder as Jol stated a few weeks ago.

Funny how Sidwell has gone from fan favourite to scape goat in others eyes in a quick time. (This is sincere) Personally I love his attitude just can't understand how he struggles to pass a ball ten yards, thats all for me. Love the knitty gritty part of his game but top 10 teams need something a little bit more to there game and sadly currently SS is struggling to add anything. (in terms of more than knitty gritty)