watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Ince

Started by barryhaylesgoalmachine, July 16, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryhaylesgoalmachine

Rumours (Albeit on Twitter) That We are looking at Tom Ince.... Can't imagine any actual movement given that we are in Costa Rica but very much a player I would like to see at the club.

Roberty

The manager and team are in Costa Rica.
Once a player has been identified and approved by MJ everything is sorted out by others, until the "the holding the shirt" photos and that can be done anytime. They could even photo-shop Martin into the photo.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Apprentice to the Maestro

With the change of ownership we are going to be linked with every player on the market over the next few weeks.

If we were in the market for a young wide player then Ince would be near the top of the list but we are well enough off in that area and our priorities must be a creative midfielder and another striker.

Northern Cottager

Tom Ince is nowhere near as good as people say. I haven't got a clue why he is so highly rated!

Humbled

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 16, 2013, 10:41:19 AM
Tom Ince is nowhere near as good as people say. I haven't got a clue why he is so highly rated!

Not disagreeing with you... however if his finishing was better he would have easily had a hatrick against us at home in the FA Cup

JBH

Quote from: Humbled on July 16, 2013, 10:49:52 AM

Not disagreeing with you... however if his finishing was better he would have easily had a hatrick against us at home in the FA Cup

But that is the point, his finishing isn't that good and that makes him vastly over priced and over rated.

Humbled

Quote from: JBH on July 16, 2013, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: Humbled on July 16, 2013, 10:49:52 AM

But that is the point, his finishing isn't that good and that makes him vastly over priced and over rated.

as I said, wasn't disagreeing. what is his price? what did Cardiff agree? was it 8million?

Walsh

ITVSPORT have just posted on twitter that we're interested in Tom Ince.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'd like him, closer to £5m than £10m though. Wouldn't pay £8m like Cardiff agreed. I don't think he'll go anywhere though down to the reasons he rejected Cardiff.

FFC1987

I'd rather Sako at 4m or an unproven for half that to be honest. Like a 2.5 Dejagah purchase.

bulgariawhite

He is young and English, therefore over priced and over rated. Do we really need him?

barryhaylesgoalmachine

Agreed that a wide player is not a priority but nice to see us being linked to younger players. Creative Centre Midfield is obviously priority alongside some more fire power preferably with a bit of pace

Northern Cottager

I suppose if we bought him for £5m and he was poor then we'd still be able to ship him off for the same if not more to a new promoted team in a few seasons time. He seems very lightweight, poor finisher and more arsed about doing a step over in front of thin air than getting up to much else. Sure he's played well when I haven't seen him but not quite a cut above what we already have.

Lighthouse

If we were interested in him I would think this would be a backward step. He has a good agent and the publicity around him is good. But he isn't anywhere close to being quality good enough for the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jmh

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 16, 2013, 11:35:18 AM
I'd rather Sako at 4m or an unproven for half that to be honest. Like a 2.5 Dejagah purchase.
Dejagah had been a regular for a good Bundesliga team for five years before we signed him.  He was hardly unproven.