watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our problem area

Started by JackyFulham90, July 17, 2013, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Is clearly central midfield, a lot has been made about the takeover & our budget but for £7m Jol could bring in Huddlestone & Enoh.

If he was to do that & we had Boateng , Sidwell , Karagounis , Enoh & Huddlestone to pick from I would feel a lot better about our problem area & top 10 chances

jmh

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 17, 2013, 11:53:43 PM
Is clearly central midfield, a lot has been made about the takeover & our budget but for £7m Jol could bring in Huddlestone & Enoh.
There isn't any credible fact to support those prices, just rumors.

Deanothefulhamfan

Whilst I agree this is a key area.... I also think Left back is a major concern....

MJG

Do people really think Enoh is going to make any difference. We saw him last year and he was tidy but no more than that. We need not one but I think two really creative CM's. One to play and one backup.

I'm not sure about Huddlestone but he can pass the ball and if we got him it would be ok, but there must be someone somewhere we can pick up for those roles.

Lighthouse

Not really a problem area. Lack of forwards IS a problem area. Central midfield we need an attacking midfielder maybe but I agree that left back could be a real nightmare as could right back cover.

As for prices I think the club are already going for who they can afford. If Jol suddenly found that he needed a player for an extra few million then it may be  that Khan would say ok. But we will go for those players already on the list of players needed. Although the names mentioned are all pretty uninspiring. I am aware that few mentioned Berbatov before he arrived so who knows?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 18, 2013, 04:39:07 PM
Not really a problem area. Lack of forwards IS a problem area. Central midfield we need an attacking midfielder maybe but I agree that left back could be a real nightmare as could right back cover.

As for prices I think the club are already going for who they can afford. If Jol suddenly found that he needed a player for an extra few million then it may be  that Khan would say ok. But we will go for those players already on the list of players needed. Although the names mentioned are all pretty uninspiring. I am aware that few mentioned Berbatov before he arrived so who knows?
Got to disagree. We have zero creativity in midfield. Upfront we have a world class forward and Ruiz who is capable of scoring.

Brown@FFC

A creative midfielder is a key area in major need of investment. Berbatov and Ruiz will not be dropped, and too right, they are our best players, and Rodallega and the youth are capable backups. We have 2 defensive midfielders in Sidwell and Boateng, Boateng being the starter. I think we only need 2 more players, a versatile defender and a creator. When these voids are filled, the youth, who I hope will play a much larger role this year, namely Kasami, Mesca, David and Grimmer, and by the look of it, they will be.

St Eve

We have the same problem now that we had last season - a creative midfielder (and it certainly isn't huddlestone), a left back (and it certainly isn't Richardson) and a forward (and it certainly isn't Hugo)

justinfromga

Quote from: St Eve on July 18, 2013, 05:43:37 PM
We have the same problem now that we had last season - a creative midfielder (and it certainly isn't huddlestone), a left back (and it certainly isn't Richardson) and a forward (and it certainly isn't Hugo)

This.

We never replaced Dempsey, Dembele, or Murphy.  And we never found a good enough backup for Riise.  I'd be okay with Huddlestone if he was coming off the bench and playing in a few cup matches but that's it.  The time is now for Kasami, David, and Grimmer and I think they will impress.  We also need to not put ourselves in the same situation we did last year by waiting till the end of the window to depart with major players.  If Frei is gonna be sold I'd rather it be sooner than later so we can begin finding another winger to challenge Kaca.  Maybe Mesca is that guy...

filham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 17, 2013, 11:53:43 PM

If he was to do that & we had Boateng , Sidwell , Karagounis , Enoh & Huddlestone to pick from I would feel a lot better about our problem area & top 10 chances
Are you proposing that we should have five players available to fill the two centre mid. positions, some of them will be in for a lot of bench warming.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Did anyone else think this was going to be a thread about the perpetual standing at the back of the Hammersmith end?

YankeeJim

Creativity is lacking, to be sure, but I think the biggest issue we have is a complete lack of pace. Pace would open up the pitch and enable what we have in midfield to be more creative. As it is now, defenders can close down anywhere on the pitch and we have no one to stretch the defense.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

grandad

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 18, 2013, 06:57:25 PM
Creativity is lacking, to be sure, but I think the biggest issue we have is a complete lack of pace. Pace would open up the pitch and enable what we have in midfield to be more creative. As it is now, defenders can close down anywhere on the pitch and we have no one to stretch the defense.
I agree that we need pace but it´s in central MF that it´s needed. Our wings are OK for pace.
Where there's a will there's a wife

YankeeJim

I see your point but without pace, a great thru ball is often wasted. Lets just get both pace and a 26 year old Murphy and we'll both be geniuses.

Pev

Dont see many shouts for wingers - many others believe the lack of width. pace and the ability to beat a man in our team is our greatest downfall.
@Fulham_Boy

YankeeJim

Quote from: JoeyFFC on July 18, 2013, 07:48:11 PM
Dont see many shouts for wingers - many others believe the lack of width. pace and the ability to beat a man in our team is our greatest downfall.

What was it I said?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 18, 2013, 07:37:42 PM
I see your point but without pace, a great thru ball is often wasted. Lets just get both pace and a 26 year old Murphy and we'll both be geniuses.
Not just pace, but off the ball movement. Kaca makes great runs and Duff used to. Ruiz is superb at through balls.