News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Blatter one of the most despised men to run our game?

Started by chiefo, July 18, 2013, 01:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefo

For me he is, ( maybe this should be a poll ) like he didn't have the intellect to realise playing a world cup in this country in the summer would cause "friction". And this will be his biggest mistake. The total arrogance of the man.  096.gig. Oh, sorry mods if already a thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23351824

God The Mechanic

It'd be nice for a high profile player to speak out about him, but it really isn't gonna happen.

jarv

International football. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 094.gif

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: jarv on July 18, 2013, 04:23:56 AM

Soooooooooooo you WON'T be watching the World Cup next year?

cmg

aFFCn_Fan

To be fair he's the most publically known man to run the game, apart from perhaps Platini. From what I've read about him, he's a shrewd politician, who uses sponsorship funding to keep his position thanks to 'democratic voting processes' and a system of smoke and mirrors to avoid a thorough investigation. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him. He has basically built FIFA in such a way that keeps him in power...and build up an impressive golden nestegg...allegedly.

Gradually they've got rid of the likes of Jack Warner, Joao Havelange, the big American guy with the beard - forget his name, and the Qatari guy who challenged Blatter and I suspect had something to do with the World Cup being played there in 2022.
But who else is there? Platini - generally hated because he's French and the English tend to think he has it in for us because of premier league and general Anglo-French rivalry. Jerome Valcke - a FIFA stalwart, so institutionalised with the same motivations as Blatter.

Really the whole thing needs a shake up, but given the way its structued and the influence of people like Blather to maintain power I don't see how it will change. This is a pretty dumb idea, but you'd need like a team of well-respected ex players - Beckham, Zidane, Beckenbauer - who are finacially comfortable and whose agenda is the improvement of the game, not power and politics, and throw in some 'civil servant types' to help them run it.

Anyway, to answer your question...in my opinion, yes - Blather is a despicable little pr***
@hincharoo

bog

He is a complete and utter idiot. Mr Bumble. Sadly there are many like he in so many positions of high authority these days.

092.gif   

chiefo

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on July 18, 2013, 08:27:35 AM
To be fair he's the most publically known man to run the game, apart from perhaps Platini. From what I've read about him, he's a shrewd politician, who uses sponsorship funding to keep his position thanks to 'democratic voting processes' and a system of smoke and mirrors to avoid a thorough investigation. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him. He has basically built FIFA in such a way that keeps him in power...and build up an impressive golden nestegg...allegedly.

Gradually they've got rid of the likes of Jack Warner, Joao Havelange, the big American guy with the beard - forget his name, and the Qatari guy who challenged Blatter and I suspect had something to do with the World Cup being played there in 2022.
But who else is there? Platini - generally hated because he's French and the English tend to think he has it in for us because of premier league and general Anglo-French rivalry. Jerome Valcke - a FIFA stalwart, so institutionalised with the same motivations as Blatter.

Really the whole thing needs a shake up, but given the way its structued and the influence of people like Blather to maintain power I don't see how it will change. This is a pretty dumb idea, but you'd need like a team of well-respected ex players - Beckham, Zidane, Beckenbauer - who are finacially comfortable and whose agenda is the improvement of the game, not power and politics, and throw in some 'civil servant types' to help them run it.

Anyway, to answer your question...in my opinion, yes - Blather is a despicable little pr***

I don't think that is such a dumb idea at all, probably wishful thinking though. I guess like you say Blatter has it pretty much covered from all angles, and whoever takes over from him will have the same protection. Him and his ilk typify what is disliked about the game both internationally as well as domestic. Teflons the lot of em.

Lighthouse

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on July 18, 2013, 05:38:30 AM
Quote from: jarv on July 18, 2013, 04:23:56 AM

Soooooooooooo you WON'T be watching the World Cup next year?

The problem is, at least for me, is that International Football is no longer important. My club has few English players in the team. The English team has few players I like let alone of any skill. I am a little bored of the ticky tacky yawny sleepy football played by Spain etc. So while I hope to be watching the World Cup it ceases to be as important as it once was. Throw in the fact that International football pointless friendly games mess up Prem Games. Throw in the fact that if Les Twatter has his way many domestic leagues will be thrown into chaos because he has lined his pockets and forgotten it is very hot on the hottest time of the year in HOTLAND. International football has become an excercise in money making and spreading the word of football while making money for a few people.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

jarv

Mr. Lighthouse has hit the nail on the head.
I feel, almost anything which was originally intended to be for the good of everyone has turned into a huge money making excercise for a few.
Most sports, Fifa and the Olympics stand out in front though. The likes of politicians today. Only interested in the power, money and the great pensions they receive. Lawyers...it is about the fight to win today, what happened to moral justice and getting the right result? Out the window years ago.
Even insurance companies. It was a pool to help the less fortunate originally. etc etc etc The list is too long in this crazy money grabbing world today. 092.gif

nose

I do think international football remains very important but the authorities have allowed it to become devalued.
Everything  that UEFA and FIFA do seem to be geared to appeasing the TV and advertisers and getting as much money for themselves as possible without distributing it or improving the game. I am sure the Panorama revelations are just the tip of the corrupt iceberg, I can't prove anything but when something smelles bad it probably is.
Awarding the world cup to QATAR because it is a 'world game' is frankly bizarre. I think oil money had far more to do with it being awarded, I cannot believe that there was any benifit from a football point of view from going to QATAR of all places...... If you wanted to take the game to 'the world' then surely you would go somewhere a bit more populated and with more need of the stimulus that the world cup could bring.

The Premiership is stuffed full of overseas players and so england obviously underperfom, to a greater extent than before, that is obvious. Apparently the FACUP is now permanently at 515pm, how is that possible? 99.9% of all football fans want it at 3pm. But the FA get more money for themselves from TV at 5.15pm. I smell lack of inegrity at the FA too!

All of football needs a kick up the backside and we need to get reign in the domination TV has over the game.

Blatter is awful, I loathe what he does. I wonder if QATAR would have won their bid if the delegates would have known it might be moved to winter. Silly of me, of course it would, I feel sure that the voting would have been just as 'arranged' as it obviously had been.

Ichabod Magoo

Since the Qatar WC has been proposed to move to the winter, Siberia has put in a bid for a winter WC in 2026.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

chiefo

Some good news, didn't realise they were trying to push this. Like been said, its all about the money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23288211