more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol looking to bring in 1 or 2 new players

Started by JackyFulham90, July 21, 2013, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: 1879 on July 21, 2013, 06:59:02 PM
Wasn't Diarra pictured in the new training kit? If he makes a return that would really solve a problem

A fully fit Diarra and Boateng would make a very solid central midfield. It is not the most creative but adequate and would allow the more creative elements: Dejegah, Ruiz, Kacaniklic, Kasami, Frei, Mesca and Berbatov, greater freedom.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Moose on July 21, 2013, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2013, 04:53:38 PM
As I've debated before, our CM isn't up to top 10 standard but it will/can compete in the EPL. We do need something different here but currently they will do ok but won't get near top 10 IMO. I think we will see one shock signing this window. Also as someone mentioned, if David comes through and Kasami keeps up his fine pre season work, they could be considered new 'signings' as there players who weren't involved last season. Sane goes for Mesca.

We have three central midfielders: Sidwell, Karagounis, Boateng. I don't think that's enough for any Premier League side. We need more depth as well as quality.

Plus David, Kasami which was my point. But I totally agree its vital we add quality and depth but if we find ourselves with them only, there good enough to avoid relegation in my opinion. I guessinust think currently our squad are good enough to avoid the drop but think if we desire top 12 we need to add something.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2013, 02:25:44 PM
I am just going to have one or two more biscuits.

Then I may have another one. Oh just one more then. Life is too short, let's have another.

One or two is not policy but a simple way of saying we are looking to bring some players in. If Jol had said 7 or 8 players which he has said before and then failed too bring them in. It panics the squad and frightens the natives when some of the signings turn out to be forty year old lame walking dead.

would you consider Ryan Giggs to be a forty year old lame walking dead?
He has signed for manure for another year.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

twang

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 21, 2013, 07:03:04 PM
As I've debated before, our CM isn't up to top 10 standard but it will/can compete in the EPL. We do need something different here but currently they will do ok but won't get near top 10 IMO. I think we will see one shock signing this window. Also as someone mentioned, if David comes through and Kasami keeps up his fine pre season work, they could be considered new 'signings' as there players who weren't involved last season. Sane goes for Mesca.

Tottenham have got Chadli, why don't we go for Sigurðsson. Right position, young, creative and a finisher.

He doesn't play in the right position though as he usually plays centrally with two defensive midfielders behind him, like Ruiz.

JackyFulham90

A fully fit Diarra would be huge for us him & Boateng both have decent passing ability

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2013, 07:21:25 PM

We have three central midfielders: Sidwell, Karagounis, Boateng. I don't think that's enough for any Premier League side. We need more depth as well as quality.

Plus David, Kasami which was my point. But I totally agree its vital we add quality and depth but if we find ourselves with them only, there good enough to avoid relegation in my opinion. I guessinust think currently our squad are good enough to avoid the drop but think if we desire top 12 we need to add something.
Except that Kasami and David are not central midfielders.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Moose on July 21, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

Well they have both been playing there quite regularly in a CM/AM role. Kasami is definitely a CM.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Well they have both been playing there quite regularly in a CM/AM role. Kasami is definitely a CM.

They play the Ruiz role, not a CM role. In the Jol formation, 4-2-3-1, those 2 CMs are deep, not the style of Ruiz, Kasami and David.

Bassey the warrior

Disagree. Kasami is definitely a number 10 like Ruiz and I don't know much about David but I'm told he is too.

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2013, 07:30:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2013, 02:25:44 PM
I am just going to have one or two more biscuits.

Then I may have another one. Oh just one more then. Life is too short, let's have another.

One or two is not policy but a simple way of saying we are looking to bring some players in. If Jol had said 7 or 8 players which he has said before and then failed too bring them in. It panics the squad and frightens the natives when some of the signings turn out to be forty year old lame walking dead.

would you consider Ryan Giggs to be a forty year old lame walking dead?
He has signed for manure for another year.

If we went for players like Ryan Giggs I would consider Fulham to be lame and walking towards the Championship.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

That Frei tweet is a funny one. I thought his move to Galatasary was near completion.

HillFace

Why are we pigeon-holing players so much? Players can change position, it's not like they can only play one spot otherwise they're totally lost on the pitch. Some of the best players of all time were repositioned to find their true potential. Even Dembele snr. was massively repositioned to unlock one helluva player.

I'm not saying that David or Kasami will be the answer to our midfield woes, but this idea of 'this player can't play there' just makes it seem like we're playing one big game of FM and they aren't listed that they play there.
The above may be nonsense

JackyFulham90

Manolev , Huddlestone & Bent coming in would be good, players who Jol knows & trusts along with a fit Diarra I would be happy with our top 10 chances

JackyFulham90

Although if we could get Sigurdsson from Spurs that would be some signing quality player

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HillFace on July 22, 2013, 12:05:21 AM
Why are we pigeon-holing players so much? Players can change position, it's not like they can only play one spot otherwise they're totally lost on the pitch. Some of the best players of all time were repositioned to find their true potential. Even Dembele snr. was massively repositioned to unlock one helluva player.

I'm not saying that David or Kasami will be the answer to our midfield woes, but this idea of 'this player can't play there' just makes it seem like we're playing one big game of FM and they aren't listed that they play there.
I called the move to play Dembele in midfield long before Jol did. He was often tracking back and retrieving the ball. It seemed obvious.
Kasami shows no similar signs. He does however look like a talented number 10. A good back up for Ruiz and someone to keep him on his toes. He got complacent last season.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 22, 2013, 12:09:43 AM
Although if we could get Sigurdsson from Spurs that would be some signing quality player

....a definite show of European intent.  079.gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

FFC1987

Quote from: The Moose on July 21, 2013, 11:43:39 PM

Disagree. Kasami is definitely a number 10 like Ruiz and I don't know much about David but I'm told he is too.

You can disagree till you turn blue, that doesn't mean you're right. Check Kasami's twitter page in response to fan, what is your preferred position AM/CM/ST his response, 'I am a CM.' David has been playing as a CM/AM but is preferably an attacking midfielder but is creative which we are looking for so again is an option in the middle albeit in a more limited role because of Ruiz etc.