watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol looking to bring in 1 or 2 new players

Started by JackyFulham90, July 21, 2013, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

There will be no spending spree this window he only wants a couple of additions to complete the squad, looks like the youngsters will get a chance this year

Stekelenburg , Stockdale , Etheridge

Riether

Hangeland , Amorebieta , Senderos , Hughes

Riise , Richardson , Briggs

Dejagah , Duff , Mesca

Boateng , Sidwell , Karagounis , David

Kacaniklic , Frei

Ruiz , Kasami

Berbatov , Rodallega , Trotta

If he is bringing in only 1 or 2 then we need a creative central midfielder & a back up right back although I think we need another striker as we would be in trouble if Berbatov got injured although it's nice to see Jol including the youth

kiwiwaka

Midfield I'd say we are OK until January. If we end the window with something like Bardlsey/Bent, it's not the end of the world. Khan might say that he wants to see how it goes until January before handing over £20m+. Definitely need another striker though.

AllyWhite

If it has to be 2 players, I vote Huddlestone and Manolev/Another backup RB. Although I'd like to see another decent striker, Rodders ain't giving me full confidence

Lighthouse

I am just going to have one or two more biscuits.

Then I may have another one. Oh just one more then. Life is too short, let's have another.

One or two is not policy but a simple way of saying we are looking to bring some players in. If Jol had said 7 or 8 players which he has said before and then failed too bring them in. It panics the squad and frightens the natives when some of the signings turn out to be forty year old lame walking dead.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

I would like to see us get Gomis from Lyon but with Berbatov & Ruiz the key is having a better midfield to supply service to them

Forever Fulham

We need a striker.  Preferably with size and pace.  Now.  

Ordar

Back up RB,
Creative CM
Goalscorer

All seem like positions that we have to fill

cmg

Although what is written here won't make a damn of difference (I am sure our transfer priorities, if not the personnel invoved, have already been established) I must disagree that we are 'OK until January' in midfield.
Unless Chris David turnes out to be an unsuspected phenomenon we are left with similar midfield resources to those that proved to be less than sensational last year. OK defensively, OK to hassle and run about but with zero creativity.

It would be nice to have another few full-backs or the finest collection of inverted wingers in captivity. But all the strikers in the world won't do any good unless someone gives them the ball. Berbatov got 15 last year dispite the meagreness of support (and then got slagged off for going looking for a ball he wasn't getting enough of!). I'd be happy if we blew all our spending dough on a really good creative talent (if one can be found). Or we could get Danny back on a free and invest the money in a 81 DeLorean and a flux capacitor.

FTID

i thought we were getting 5 or 6 a minute ago?

Wingnut

We definitely need midfield cover. If one of two get injured in there, we will be very short. Another striker would be good but I can't see anyone out there in our price range who will do the job in the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Andy S

Hughes can play at Right Back. When fit and not sent off Sidwell is a very adequate midfield player. Obviously we need a Diarra type of player but they are not cheap even when available. I trust Jol is as aware if not more aware than us on what's needed.

grandad

For me I have felt since the last summer window we need a LB, cover for RB, a creative pacy CMF & a striker in the Defoe, Rhodes mould.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Apprentice to the Maestro

Of the 6-7 we already have four plus several young players (Mesca, Kasami and possibly David) seemed to have earned their promotion to the first team squad.

1-2 players means a few so might mean 3-4.

No, we must not wait until January. We know from not only last season but the season before that that we need a creative midfielder. We must have some money available from the Dembele and Dempsey sales and the new TV money. We may make some clever moves as Jol did with Berbatov but if it was felt that we were getting the right players then £20-25m for a CM and a striker ought to be possible. And quality players are more likely to come to us now with Berbatov and a new owner than in January if we have a bad start to the season.

Bassey the warrior

I for one think we need at least three and probably four or five. Firstly a creative centre mid, then a backup for Riether, then a backup for Berba. I don't put much faith in Rodallega's finishing. If Mesca can keep fit and keep this form then we may not need another winger, even if Frei goes. But that's a lot to expect of a youngster with no PL experience so it wouldn't hurt to get one in anyway. Then another squad player at centre mid.

cmg

Incidentally, Frei resumes training on Monday. Says he is looking forward to starting the new season.

"KF21 ‏@KerimFrei21 6h

Can't wait for the first training session tomorrow. Lets start the new season! #ffc"

FFC1987

As I've debated before, our CM isn't up to top 10 standard but it will/can compete in the EPL. We do need something different here but currently they will do ok but won't get near top 10 IMO. I think we will see one shock signing this window. Also as someone mentioned, if David comes through and Kasami keeps up his fine pre season work, they could be considered new 'signings' as there players who weren't involved last season. Sane goes for Mesca.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2013, 04:53:38 PM
As I've debated before, our CM isn't up to top 10 standard but it will/can compete in the EPL. We do need something different here but currently they will do ok but won't get near top 10 IMO. I think we will see one shock signing this window. Also as someone mentioned, if David comes through and Kasami keeps up his fine pre season work, they could be considered new 'signings' as there players who weren't involved last season. Sane goes for Mesca.

We have three central midfielders: Sidwell, Karagounis, Boateng. I don't think that's enough for any Premier League side. We need more depth as well as quality.

Black, White and Fred

Wasn't Diarra pictured in the new training kit? If he makes a return that would really solve a problem
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2013, 04:53:38 PM

Tottenham have got Chadli, why don't we go for Sigurðsson. Right position, young, creative and a finisher.

JackyFulham90

Tottenham have some good midfielders that would do well for us, Huddlestone , Sigurdsson & Livermore would be good signings

Manolev would be a good back up for Riether

Would love us to sign Gomis from Lyon