more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(24/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 24, 2013, 05:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

International Fans: Germany FFC

All summer we are profiling some of Fulham's international fan groups and, ahead of our trip to Werder Bremen, we have reached Germany FFC, which is headed up by Guido Bahr.

How many members do you have and are you all based in one city, or do you come from all over the country? Do you have a website or social media channels so fans can communicate?

We have 16 official members and are joined by 26 other friends and supporters. We all live in different parts of the country, so we tend to watch Fulham's games on the internet and then get together on our Facebook site to discuss what happened.

Have you or the other German fans in your group ever been to a match at Craven Cottage?

We have started to meet up every year in December, where we will take in the sights of London and go to a game.

What is the furthest that any of your members have travelled to see a Fulham match?

The furthest to see a game from one of our number was around 1,100 km to get to the Cottage. However, perhaps one day we will be able to travel even further to watch Fulham in Europe - the shortest distance we have ever had to travel was to Twente Enschede for the UEFA Europa League clash [a 1-0 defeat in December 2011], which was about 20 km.

How did you get started and did a German player introduce you to FFC?

The main reason we have been able to raise our profile in Germany was the run to the Europa League Final in 2010. As a lot of the games happened in Germany - the wins over Wolfsburg and the 0-0 draw with Hamburg - then the Final in Hamburg against Atletico Madrid were a big thing for us.

In recent times, Fulham have also brought in a lot of former Bundesliga stars like Dimitar Berbatov, Mladen Petrić, Sascha Riether and Ashkan Dejagah. Of course, having Manager Martin Jol at the helm has contributed to an increased awareness for the Club.

Indeed, Fulham has a history of having German players like Moritz Volz and Karl-Heinz Riedle who have helped to grow the following in the country over the years.

What is COYW in German?

Come On You Whites is translated as: Auf gehts, ihr weissen!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/23/germany-ffc?

WhiteJC

New era beckons for Fulham

On August 17th, Fulham FC will begin its 13th consecutive season in the Barclays Premier League, but for the first time the Whites will complete in the Premier League under the stewardship of a new owner, Pakistan-born American billionaire Shahid Khan. Khan's purchase of the club from Mohamed Al-Fayed has signalled the end of an era at Craven Cottage, as our beloved Egyptian has stepped down after 16 unbelievably profitable years on the banks of the Thames. Just what can fans expect next season, on and off the field?

Firstly, it goes without saying that these are undoubtedly exciting, if uncertain, times for Fulham. Whilst Khan is no Roman Abramovich, his arrival will provide a much needed boost to Fulham's financial firepower. Whilst Al-Fayed has rightly been lauded for bringing about the most successful spell in Fulham's history, it cannot be denied that the lack of transfer funds available towards the end of his tenure undoubtedly caused friction between manager Martin Jol and senior officials at the club, with Jol unhappy at the lack of cash at his disposal in the January transfer window. At 84 years of age, Al-Fayed was unwilling to commit to further major purchases and had begun the process of selling his most valuable assets, including Harrods, and had allegedly tried to sell Fulham twice in recent years. In stark contrast, Khan's arrival brings impetus and improved muscle in the transfer market, yet spending is promised on a sustainable and sensible level.

So, on the field, fans can look forward to a more settled campaign. Last summer, the well-documented and untimely departures of Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey left large holes in the side that Jol didn't have the time to fill. In January, due to the aforementioned lack of transfer funds, the manager was merely permitted to bring in a host of loan signings, and the team failed to gel. The spectre of relegation lingered over the club, albeit from a distance, up until the last game of the season. This campaign, however, promises much more. Jol has brought in Dutch international goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg to replace the ageing Mark Schwarzer, a fantastic piece of business that seems to have gone under the radar somewhat. Stekelenburg kept goal for Holland in the 2010 World Cup Final and is a full 10 years younger than his Aussie predecessor. Sascha Riether, last season's fans' player of the year, has made his move from Cologne permanent, Ghanaian midfield enforcer Derek Boateng has finally joined after numerous prior attempts to engage his services, and the highly-rated Fernando Amorebieta has also been acquired to shore up an ageing and cumbersome defence. And Fulham hardly had to loosen the purse strings.

Now that Khan has taken over, the rumour mill has understandably been going into overdrive. The most persistent and intriguing rumour links Fulham with out of favour Aston Villa centre forward Darren Bent. It's unclear at present how Bent would fit into the starting line-up, but the potential arrival of the proven Premier League marksman would certainly alleviate the goal burden on Dimitar Berbatov's shoulders. The pre-season tour of Costa Rica resulted in three victories out of three and the training sessions at high altitude will also provide an ideal boost to the fitness levels of the players ahead of a long, gruelling season. It is hoped that key player Bryan Ruiz, who is idolised by fans in his homeland, will be reinvigorated by the trip back to the land of his birth and will really kick on his third season in English football.

All in all, with the under-21s and under-18s continuing to excel, the club debt free (thanks again, Mo) and the promise of new signings, there is much to look forward to ahead of the new season. Shahid Khan has made all the right noises so far about preserving the club's illustrious history and developing and expanding Craven Cottage, but one's things for sure: the moustachioed maker or automobile parts has a very big pair of shoes to fill.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=298

WhiteJC

Fulham swoop for teenager

Fulham have signed 15-year-old Foday Nabay from Birmingham City, after Blues boss Lee Clark tried in vain to keep hold of the emerging talent.

Nabay handed in a transfer request at the Midlands club before sealing his move to Craven Cottage, much to the dismay of Clark, who was desperate to retain the teenager's services.

Despite his youth, Clark had tipped his starlet to make the step up to senior level in the forthcoming campaign.

He said: "I made it clear to Foday in several meetings with him that he had the potential to become the youngest-ever player to appear for Birmingham City's first-team this season.

"That's how highly I rated him and how highly the club rated him. I wanted him to stay but as a football manager I couldn't have done any more."

Scouts from Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool had been monitoring the England under-16 midfielder in recent years, but the youngster has ended speculation by signing scholarship terms in west London.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-swoop-for-teenager-8727627.html

WhiteJC

Fantasy Picks: Dimitar Berbatov – Fulham

Fantasy Football isn't necessarily about picking the best players, it's more about selecting those who, by way of their importance to their respective sides, are most likely to score points.

Dimitar Berbatov is an obvious candidate for inclusion, not least because Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez, Christian Benteke, and Rickie Lambert were the only forwards to outscore him last season.

In truth, Berbatov – like Fulham as a whole – tailed-off towards the end of 2012/13, but that shouldn't discourage you this time around; this is still a player who is involved in almost everything Fulham do going forward, and who will always pick-up points throughout a season as a result.

The temptation might be to only play him when Fulham are at Craven Cottage, but his goals last year were split 8-to-7 in favour of home games, so you can feel comfortably including him consistently despite any reservations about his side's historical away form.

And for £7.5m, you're not going to be short-changed.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/fantasy-picks-dimitar-berbatov-fulham/

WhiteJC

Noisy neighbours around the country

Since my first Fulham, and indeed football match in December 2003 at the age of 6, the noisy neighbour status has shifted greatly around the Premier League.

Of the biggest rivalries in both my first season and the most recent being: Arsenal/Tottenham, Chelsea/Fulham, Manchester United/City and Liverpool/Everton, 3 out of 4 have undergone a power shift at some point. In 2003/4, Arsenal were the clear winners in 1st, with their North London rivals lying down in 14th. Last season they were separated by 1 point in 4th and 5th respectively. The only match-up without a change in status is our own. Having only beaten Chelsea once since I've watched Fulham, there has been no cause for change in that respect. 03/04 saw Chelsea finish in a very respectable 2nd place, while we achieved a very good 9th. Since then we have always finished below them, most recently with a gap of 3rd to 12th. A lot can be said about the changes in the status quo in the city of Manchester. In the 03/04 season, Manchester United finished 3rd. City all the way down in 16th. I think we all know what happened in the past two years, although United did reclaim both their dignity and their trophy at the end of Sir Rednose's reign. Liverpool have been through a torrid time recently, I've seen them achieve a record high 2nd in the Premier League, I've seen them win the Champions League and the F.A Cup (but not the Intertoto), yet from the 4th place of 03/04 to Everton's narrow escape from relegation in 17th, they have somehow degraded to 7th place, with Everton ahead of them in 6th.

I thought I'd throw in the facts before getting to my point – will there be any surprises or changes in the expected orders? Who will come out on top in Manchester, Liverpool and North London?

I'd like to think that this is the year we finally beat Chelsea again. Even if we have to give Luis Boa Morte a pay-as-you-play contract for those two games. In my lifetime, we have beaten them once. My lovely mug has been in a Shropshire newspaper more times than that.

Chelsea have so far signed Mark Schwarzer, Marco Van Ginkel and Andre Schurrle, so unless Mourinho has got something very special up his sleeve (Wayne Rooney for example) they don't look as though they are going to change much. Admittedly we have signed the same number of players (I'm not counting Riether and Karagounis) but we are looking at a serious defensive improvement. Having said that, unless Jol has something very special up his sleeve – Darren Bent being the most likely – the only substancial change will be their differing tactics from last season. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky this year.

As for the Manchester rivalry, well I personally think this will be the most exciting season for these two clubs, and for everyone else as a neutral. Both teams with a new manager, City having spent £76.9 on just 4 players. This, I think, will prove to be ineffective in their persuit of the title. Yes, I believe the noisy neighbours in sky blue will go one better than United, but the title will return to London in the hands of the special one.

The North London and Liverpudlian derbies are always, in recent times anyway, closely contested. However, with Everton under the control of a new manager, it may take time for the players to adjust to his style in the league. Liverpool ought to take advantage of this, providing their reportedly unsettled striker stays with them, for one, but also sinks his teeth into the league on his return from suspension. I doubt anything will change in the North London camps, neither team has changed much and the only big thing is whether Bale will keep the phenominal form he had in the last campaign.

And so concludes my first blog on FoF. It's certainly given me some thinking points for the upcoming season. Thank you and as always, COYW

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=333

WhiteJC

Fulham's Brede Hangeland pleased with Costa Rica tour

Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has admitted that the club's pre-season tour of Costa Rica has been "very good" ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

The Cottagers remained unbeaten during their stay in Central America, winning two matches before drawing the final fixture.

"I think it's been a very good week in many ways," Hangeland told the club's official website. "We've trained well, we've played three good games, everyone is free from injury which is quite remarkable after a few weeks of pre-season, so a lot of credit should go to the medical guys.

"Obviously one of the highlights was the fact that the new chairman came to visit us and we got to know him a little bit. It's an exciting time for the club and I think everyone enjoyed the tour in Costa Rica – it's a good start to the pre-season preparations."

Fulham will now travel to Germany where they will face Werder Bremen in a friendly.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/hangeland-pleased-with-costa-rica-tour_94767.html

WhiteJC

A Tribute and a word of patience.

Last season our only recognized right back was considered to be Stephen Kelly, with Aaron Hughes as first team cover. Once again Fulham supporters raised an eyebrow and uttered the phrase of "Who?" when Sascha Reither was signed on loan from FC Cologne, a club just relegated to the Bundesliga B. As stated above most people had never heard of him unless they followed the German leagues, even then it took a quick Google search to find out that he was a member of the League winning Wolfsburg side (along with Ashkan Dejagah.)

He filled Fulham's three criteria for a new signing. One he was an experienced player in his position, something needed in a mid –table side, in order to avoid any disruption. Two he was cheap, even more so that it was a loan. Third, he played against us in the famous Europa run, well that last one was made up, but it does seem like a large portion of the current squad has lined up against Fulham in Europe.

The season began and it was clear from the start the Reither was exactly what we needed at right back. A set of legs and an engine that would put the Energizer bunny to shame. (Apologies if this analogy doesn't translate directly) The little German can cross, defend and occasionally pop up with a goal. A charming personality and hard work rate quickly endeared him to the Fulham faithful and we couldn't imagine the right side of defense without him. He was many supporters choice for player of the season.

This brings up the next point, as proven with Reither, McBride, Saha and others. It is about the right player for Fulham, regardless of name or transfer fee. While we all wish for that big multimillion signing that would completely revolutionize our squad, it just isn't the Fulham way. A new owner in Shad Khan will not change this, atleast for the moment as there is every indication that the club will be run in the exact same way that it has been during the MAF tenure. If there is a midfielder available that fits our needs and he is at a reasonable price, then we will go out for him. Remember the team just returned from Costa Rica and Fulham holds its cards close to its chest.

When that signing comes in the coming days and you go "who?" or are a little disappointed at the "lack of ambition" in the signing, just remember he could very well be the name on the back of your shirt the next season.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=336

WhiteJC

Show Your Pride

The team have just returned home from an undefeated pre-season trip to Costa Rica, meaning the highly-anticipated start to the Whites' 2013/14 Barclays Premier League campaign is now not far away.

Whilst pre-season preparations continue, match tickets are now on sale for our opening home league fixtures - and availability at the Cottage is quickly reducing!

Show your pride in the Whites by purchasing a 2013/14 Season Ticket today, ensuring that you're there to cheer the side on at all of our 19 home league games this season – starting with a London derby against Arsenal on Saturday 24th August (12.45pm).

Priced from £449 for adults - less than £24 per game - and £220 for juniors - less than just £12 per game - your Season Ticket will also offer you a range of great benefits across the season.

You can find out more at fulhamfc.com/seasontickets, or call 0843 208 1234 to secure your Season Ticket today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/23/show-your-pride?

WhiteJC

Fulham weigh up move for Uruguay midfield star

Fulham are weighing up a surprise move for Uruguay international Walter Gargano.

Despite signing Derek Boateng, Martin Jol remains in the hunt midfield reinforcements after releasing Simon Davies, Mahamadou Diarra and Chris Baird. And the Dutchman has now turned his attentions to Gargano, who is contracted to Napoli.

The 28-year-old, who was part of the Uruguay side that reached the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup, faces an uncertain future after spending last season on loan at Inter Milan.

Jol will have to act fast to land the midfielder though, as Benfica are also in pursuit of the former Danubio man.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130723/fulham-weigh-move-uruguay-midfield-star-202223?#ixzz2Zvu7wpTv
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130723/fulham-weigh-move-uruguay-midfield-star-202223?#OsxzIIilUTBrbhul.99

WhiteJC

Fulham beat big boys to England U17 star

Fulham have beaten some of the Premier League's big boys to the signature of 15-year-old schoolboy Foday Nabay from Birmingham City.

Nabay handed in a transfer request at St Andrew's before sealing his move to Craven Cottage, much to the dismay of Birmingham boss Lee Clark, who was desperate to retain the teenager's services. Despite his youth, Clark had tipped Nabay to make the step up to senior level in the forthcoming campaign while he has recently been called up to the England Under-17 squad over a year ahead of schedule. Clark said: "I made it clear to Foday in several meetings with him that he had the potential to become the youngest-ever player to appear for Birmingham City's first team this season. "That's how highly I rated him and how highly the club rated him. I wanted him to stay but as a football manager I couldn't have done any more." Scouts from Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool had been monitoring Nabay, but he chose Fulham instead.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-beat-big-boys-to-england-u17-star-1609335.html?

WhiteJC

Forget year of the snake, it's the year of Bryan.

Bryan Jafet Ruiz González or just Bryan as it states on his kit is entering the third season of his contract at Fulham Football Club. If you were to rate players on how much they divide supporter's opinion on players, Ruiz would finish just behind Senderos and Berbatov. Brought in from FC Twente, via Gent and recent opponents L.D. Alajuelense, there were very high hopes for the Costa Rican, having had a good career in Holland.

It is coming on three years after former Chairman Mo Al Fayed parted with a large sum of money that ventured into Marlet territory, with various numbers bandied about by the papers. As always Fulham announced the transfer as undisclosed so the exact amount is unknown.

The first of Bryan's years here could be described as very unpolished. You could clearly see the talent he had in glimpses with a bit of skill here an amazing pass there or two outrageous chipped goals to mark the arrival of his scoring boots. It took a little while and it looked like a star was emerging by the Thames, but April of that year saw Ruiz injured away at Bolton.  It was an abrupt end to a season that threatened to spark into life.

The second season Bryan produced another mixed bag of results. However some of these cannot be placed on one player, let alone the team. Having trained more it looked as Ruiz had put on some more mass in order to cope with the more physical English League, whereas he had free reign of scoring areas in Holland, defenders in England aren't so keen to allow that. Ruiz was ever present in Fulham's first team this season. Once again he showed immeasurable skill and contributed to his team's cause with 5 goals and 7 assists. Rather impressive considering the fact that he was shuffled about Fulham's midfield like a hot potato. He played every position across the top aside from the left and even played two (?) matches in central midfield in a failed Dembele type experiment. While the two players are very similar in the technical aspect, Ruiz does not have the physical prowess to dribble and hold off opposition like Dembele did. (Side note, the Author does not believe Dembele would have been remembered as fondly as he is now if he was never moved to midfield. Ruiz' and Dembele's scoring record is very similar in the forward position)

Ruiz' second season also saw the arrival of a certain Bulgarian by the name of Dimitar Berbatov. It was proven time and time again during this season that both of these players would start regardless of output. After all, one was a high priced signing and the other probably wouldn't have arrived without the current manager and a guarantee of match time. Some would argue that both of these players cannot function in the same match day team. The two players can and do function well together, this is not the issue. The issue with these players is a lack of service.  During both months long rough patches of this season the highest attacking player was neither of these. Often times our forward players had to venture into the heart of midfield to receive the ball, which does not make attacking, or counter attacking for that matter an easy task at all. This makes it all the more impressive that Ruiz was Fulham's joint top rated player alongside Dimitar Berbatov, based on Opta Stats.

Production wise that season Bryan averaged 45.8 passes a match, completing 84.8 percent of these. Key passes in the final third came 1.7 times a match, while he was fouled in the same number. Being ever so consistent his tackles averaged 1.7 as well. A better service from deeper in the midfield should help his offensive output this season.

This upcoming season could very well be the season Ruiz wins over those who doubt his purpose at Fulham.  A preseason tour of Costa Rica geared very much toward his star in his homeland could do nothing but boost his confidence regardless of his output. There is nothing better to go to your backyard and play in front of those who first saw your career take off. Ruiz definitely made a statement in his homeland, being very much involved in the action. Scoring 3 in 3 and assisting others he looked lively throughout the tour. A well taken volley and a brilliant dummy, fooling both the defender flying in and the keeper were highlights of his tour. While the opposition wasn't up to the English League's standard it was a very good test for the squad as a whole. It was good to see David, Kasami and Mesca given chances and the return of Ashkan Dejagah.

He still has a lot to prove in the upcoming matches versus Parma, Werder Bremen and Real Betis.
Expect to see him get as much time on the pitch as Jol begins to solidify his first team for the coming season. Where will he play? Expect it to be just behind Berbatov, as it was last season. Kasami played well in this position, but not well enough to depose Ruiz in Jol's order. Though there is a possibility he could be tried out on the wing, looking good there in preseason, even though this provided mixed results during last season.

Ruiz has what it takes to be a professional footballer at this level. He has the range of passing, a whole bag of tricks, a wonderful free kick and decent pace and while his finishing last season wasn't the greatest, when he did finish it was classy. Confidence is everything in the profession of a footballer and it looks like Ruiz is full of it. All of his past experiences in the various leagues and his venture into the English League look to come together , and barring injury this could be a very, very good year for Ruiz.

However if footballing doesn't work Bryan could always push some high priced salons newest shampoo, he certainly has the looks for it.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=339

WhiteJC

Fulham Step Up Moves To Sign Ghanaian Midfielder Rabiu Mohammed

English Premiership side Fulham have intensified their pursuit of Evian midfielder Rabiu Mohammed.

The London-based outfit wants  thwart Benfica's effort at landing the Ghanaian international by moving a step closer to his signature.

Martin Jol has money at his disposal after Shadid Khan took charge of the West London club and is keen to strengthen his squad during the summer.

The 23-year-old declaration that he would favour a move to England put's Fulham in good position to lure him to Goodison Park.

Evian are struggling to hold onto the combative midfielder after impressing heavily for the French outfit in the past two seasons.

The Ghana Under-20 World Cup winner shot into prominence again after impressing in Ghana colours at the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa.

He has since gone ahead to command a starting role in the Black Stars.

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2013/07/fulham-step-up-moves-to-sign-ghanaian-midfielder-rabiu-mohammed/?

WhiteJC

Napoli Star Eyes Extension As Inter Midfielder On Fulham's Wishlist

The agent of both Marek Hamsik of Napoli and Inter man Walter Gargano is looking to engineer differing futures for the pair.

They were of course teammates at the San Paolo until the Uruguayan left last summer to join the Nerazzurri.

Agent Juraj Venglos is currently in Dimaro with the Partenopei is scheduled to meet with president Aurelio De Laurentiis to discuss a contract extension that would keep the Slovakian ace at the club beyond his current deal, according to SkySport24.

Under the agreement at the moment, Hamsik is set to remain until June 2016 but both parties want a longer stay.

Meanwhile further north, he is mulling over a potential departure for Gargano despite being under the tutelage of ex boss Walter Mazzarri and Fulham are considering making an offer along with Portuguese giants Benfica.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/07/napoli-star-eyes-extension-as-inter-midfielder-on-fulhams-wishlist/?

WhiteJC

Fuham Eye Cut-Price Move for Experienced West Brom Defender

Cottagers are keen to add more defensive reinforcements to their squad this summer.

Fulham are interested in signing West Bromwich Albion defender Liam Ridgewell this summer, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.

The versatile Englishman has only been at the Hawthorns for the past one-and-a-half seasons now, having originally arrived in the Midlands from rivals Birmingham City on a two-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee in January 2012.

And in the intervening 18-month period, the 29-year-old has appeared in 36 matches in total in all competitions for the Baggies, scoring just the one goal for the club which came in one of his 34 appearances to date in the Premier League for Steve Clarke's men.

However, with the centre back cum full back's current deal with West Brom due to expire next summer, the club are willing to offload Ridgewell now for a small fee rather than risk losing the player for free in the summer of 2014.

And with the Cottager's new American owner Shahid Khan understood to be willing to back head coach Martin Jol with funds in the summer transfer window with which to strengthen a squad that flirted with relegation in the previous campaign, it appears as though Ridgewell could soon be making the move south to Craven Cottage.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07/23/fuham-eye-cut-price-move-for-experienced-west-brom-defender/?

WhiteJC

Fulham imports 'need months' to adjust, says former striker

FULHAM legend Barry Hayles believes Martin Jol's foreign imports will find life tough in the Premier League.

The Whites have added Fernando Amorebieta, Maarten Stekelenburg and Derek Boateng to the ranks, while Sascha Riether has signed a permanent deal following a successful loan spell.

But Hayles, who smashed 58 goals in 219 games during his five-year spell at Craven Cottage, believes the new arrivals will take time to adjust to the fast pace of English football.

He said: "I think Fulham's foreign players need a couple of months and some even longer to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premiership.

"I'm just hoping that the players come in and hit the ground running from the start."

Mark Schwarzer was among a string of players to leave Fulham as part of a massive clear-out at the Cottage.

However, Hayles says Schwarzer has left new signing Stekelenburg with big gloves to fill.

He said: "I saw Fulham's youth team recently and Mark's son was there. He said he was expecting him to stay, then Stekelenburg came in and Mark was gone.

"I haven't seen Stekelenburg play. Time will tell if he's a good replacement for Mark. David Stockdale will be looking to challenge for the first-team spot, but hopefully Stekelenburg will do well."

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/07/23/82029-33644851/?#ixzz2Zvw3d086

Sammyffc

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 24, 2013, 05:17:04 AM

English Premiership side Fulham have intensified their pursuit of Evian midfielder Rabiu Mohammed.

The London-based outfit wants  thwart Benfica's effort at landing the Ghanaian international by moving a step closer to his signature.

Martin Jol has money at his disposal after Shadid Khan took charge of the West London club and is keen to strengthen his squad during the summer.

The 23-year-old declaration that he would favour a move to England put's Fulham in good position to lure him to Goodison Park.

Evian are struggling to hold onto the combative midfielder after impressing heavily for the French outfit in the past two seasons.

The Ghana Under-20 World Cup winner shot into prominence again after impressing in Ghana colours at the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa.

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2013/07/fulham-step-up-moves-to-sign-ghanaian-midfielder-rabiu-mohammed/?

lure him to goodison park ?  1500.gif fp.gif 064.gif

Joe McDonald

Just seen this via twitter:

QuoteNEW Fulham owner Shahid Khan has cut the club's ties with a mysterious money-lending firm.
Since buying out Mohamed Fayed this month, Khan has repaid a £15million loan plus interest which Fulham had taken out with the Vibrac Corporation in April.

The Premier League club had put Craven Cottage up as security for the money.

But documents filed at Companies House reveal the charge Vibrac — a firm based in the British Virgin Islands — held over the Cottagers' home has been paid in full.

Khan's latest move means Fulham are now clear of significant debt.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5030292/Shahid-Khan-pays-off-Fulhams-15million-loan-debt.html

Texas White

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 24, 2013, 05:17:04 AM

Goodisan park...

WhiteJC

Fulham Pull off Deal For Sierra Leonean Teenage Prodigy Foday Nabay

Fulham have pulled off a deal for Birmingham City junior Foday Nabay.

Birmingham boss Lee Clark said the young Sierra Leonean midfielder had the potential to break into the club's first-team this season.

Nabay has moved after handing in a transfer request and compensation, believed to be in the region of £200,000, has been agreed between the two clubs.

Clark said: "I made it clear to Foday in several meetings with him that he had the potential to become the youngest-ever player to appear for Birmingham City's first-team this season.

"That's how highly I rated him. And how highly the club rated him. I wanted him to stay but as a football manager I couldn't have done any more."

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2013/07/fulham-pull-off-deal-for-sierra-leonean-teenage-prodigyfoday-nabay/?

WhiteJC

Ridgewell (Again)

It`s something that the press mentioned awhile back, a possible interest in the West Bromwich defender, Liam Ridgewell.

Well it`s been inferred that the interest is still there with Fulham set to make a move for the versatile defender who is set to enter the last year of his contract.

No fee for a possible transfer is mentioned by the media but it is intimated that funds are available after the recent takeover that saw Shahid Khan replace Mohamed Al Fayed as our new owner.

Definitely one to keep an eye on we feel!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=325863#ixzz2ZyYw3rI8