watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Osvaldo

Started by Markffc123, July 24, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

The English press made Balotelli out to be incorrigible.  He Who Would Not Listen, remember?  Mancini always playing the disapproving parent.  Then Mario goes to Milan.  No more club friction.  They love him.  The hope of the Italian MNT.  Sure, he still gets racial taunts from the idiots in the nose bleed seats.  But that's an example of a quality player, a difference maker, whose move changed his situation for the better.  Get Osvaldo.  Get him out of Italy.  Bring him to Fulham.  Fireworks!  Standing room only.  Ladies night on Thursday.  The press following his every move.  We don't get ignored anymore.     

DevonFFC

I do have a seeking suspicion about this transfer. We have been said to be after bent and everyday day is it will completed in next few days... Cannot help but feel this is stalling tactics in the hope of bringing in someone else.

Other thing is that although they have all this inside information, why do the players never speak out?

DevonFFC

To add that gargano or whatever his name is Uruguayan and so is osvaldo... Possible lure

Craven Mad

Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2013, 12:16:29 AM
I do have a seeking suspicion about this transfer. We have been said to be after bent and everyday day is it will completed in next few days... Cannot help but feel this is stalling tactics in the hope of bringing in someone else.

Other thing is that although they have all this inside information, why do the players never speak out?

Jol did say that 'by the end of the week' he should have something to say on 'Bent, or another', I thought that the 'or another' was suggesting it wasn't Bent and potentially someone else..

Holders

Clutching at straws of optimism is very Fulhamish but I do hope you're right.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bassey the warrior

Osvaldo is most likely not coming, glass half empty for me. Bent almost certain to come though so that's good, I can deal with an ugly finisher when we have Taarabt, Berba and Ruiz to score beautiful goals. If he can remove his least touches in the PL tag I'll be even happier.

Count Flapula

Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2013, 12:32:32 AM
To add that gargano or whatever his name is Uruguayan and so is osvaldo... Possible lure

Osvaldo is Argentinian by birth, they are fierce local rivals.

Unfortunately Jol has already said this week we are not bidding for Osvaldo, I think due to price so this deal is a total non-starter. Therefore (for want of better phrasing) I really hope we get Bent .

Ordar

They just signed Gervinho and apparently want to raise some extra funds for Nani. I dont think the deal is totally deal.... but definitely not "likely".

I'd be gutted if Southampton signed him though

supersimmo123

so will I £20 on at 20/1!

Roberty

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 09, 2013, 10:52:40 AM

Unfortunately Jol has already said this week we are not bidding for Osvaldo, I think due to price so this deal is a total non-starter. Therefore (for want of better phrasing) I really hope we get Bent .

Give out clubs history of wanting to keep things "under their hat" - it is probably a nailed on cert.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

a lot of talk on twitter (I know, I know) that inter are going to put a bid in for him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Roberty on August 09, 2013, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: Count Flapula on August 09, 2013, 10:52:40 AM

Give out clubs history of wanting to keep things "under their hat" - it is probably a nailed on cert.

It would be great but the key difference is normally we say nothing at all, not flat out refute it.

Barnettski

Apparently Wolfsburg have bid €20M for him, never mind then...

Forever Fulham

That's a lot of money for a German club to spend.  Are you sure?

zander

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 09, 2013, 06:53:48 PM
That's a lot of money for a German club to spend.  Are you sure?

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/roma-offerta-di-20-mln-del-wolfsburg-per-osvaldo-473376

Obviously may not be a 100% reliable or accurate source

fulham traveller

got the v,w money behind them