more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (30/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 30, 2013, 04:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Riether targeting top-10 finish

Sascha Riether has set his sights on a top-10 finish with Fulham this season after a productive first campaign with the club.

After spending last term on loan at Craven Cottage from Cologne, Riether made his move permanent move in May - joining for an undisclosed fee.

The German full-back is one of four new signings made by boss Martin Jol ahead of the new campaign - joining fellow new recruits Derek Boateng, Fernando Amorebieta and goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg - and Riether is encouraged by the strength within the squad.

"Our goal is to be in the top 10," he said. "I think that's possible if we keep our game solid and structured.

"I think there might be another player or two who might join us so that'll we'll have a strong team for the Premier League season."

Riether's performances last term attracted interest from the Bundesliga, and a potential move to Schalke was rumoured during the close-season.

However, the 30-year-old has admitted that he is happy in England.

"I'm not complaining," he added. "It was an honour to have raised interest from Schalke and obviously I would have been happy to return to Germany, but I also feel good at Fulham.

"It's a great club and I like playing here."

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/July/29/riether-targeting-top-10-finish/

WhiteJC

Premier League: Fulham winger Alexander Kacaniklic may miss start of season

Alexander Kacaniklic: Struggling with a hamstring injury

Fulham winger Alexander Kacaniklic may miss the start of the season because of a hamstring injury.

The 21-year-old Sweden international limped off during a 1-0 defeat to Werder Bremen in Germany on Sunday and Cottagers boss Martin Jol is waiting on the results of scans.

The Dutchman said: "Hopefully it is not too bad but he may be out for a couple of weeks.

"That is not what you want from pre-season. Kaca has made a lot of big steps and progress with us."

On the prospect of bolstering his strikeforce ahead of their Premier League opener at Sunderland on August 17, Jol added: "We will try to get someone up front.

"We need a few more goals, since Clint [Dempsey] left we do not have enough goals in us, so we are working every day to get someone. We have some high-quality players in consideration and we would like another midfielder as well."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8846503/?

WhiteJC

Berbatov Transfer Makes it to Top 5 of Fulham's Memorable Moments

The signing of Dimitar Berbatov from Manchester United is the fifth most memorable moment in Fulham's history, according to the club's official website.

The prolific Bulgarian striker signed a two-year contract with the Cottagers on August 31 2012.

Scoring 15 goals in 33 games during his one season at Fulham to date, Berbatov has proven himself to be one of the finest strikers in the country and won the Player of the Season award voted for by the Whites fans, the official website has reminded.

Berbatov told Fultime magazine earlier this month: "It's been great, I like playing my football here and I've scored goals. On a personal level, I am satisfied with my performance but I maybe should have scored a few more. Overall, I've done okay but you look to improve on every level. Overall I'm happy with myself."

"At the age of 32, he has shown no signs of slowing down and will once again be key for our hopes as we enter the 2013/14 season," fulhamfc.com says.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=152433

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham have 'some high-quality players in consideration' reveals Martin Jol
The Cottagers could well be missing Alexander Kacaniklic from the start of the season

Fulham winger Alexander Kacaniklic looks set to miss the start of the forthcoming Premier League season with a hamstring injury, manager Martin Jol has confirmed.

The Sweden international, 21, came off early during the Cottagers' 1-0 pre-season friendly defeat at Werder Bremen last night and will be in a race against time to be fit for the season opener away at Sunderland on August 17.

"Hopefully it is not too bad but he may be out for a couple of weeks," Jol told reporters after the loss in Germany.

"That is not what you want from pre-season. Kaca has made a lot of big steps and progress with us."

Fulham, under new ownership following Shahid Khan's takeover of the club, have added five new faces to their ranks over the summer, but Jol is still targeting more acquisitions.

Sascha Riether, Fernando Amorebieta, Derek Boateng, Maarten Stekelenburg and Ange-Freddy Plumain have all moved to Craven Cottage but a striker remains Jol's priority.

"We will try to get someone up front," he said.

We need a few more goals, since Clint (Dempsey) left we do not have enough goals in us, so we are working every day to get someone.

"We have some high-quality players in consideration and we would like another midfielder as well."

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-fulham-have-some-highquality-players-in-consideration-reveals-martin-jol-8736790.html

WhiteJC

Werder Bremen 1 Fulham 0

In our latest pre-season friendly, over in Bremen, Fulham slipped to a narrow defeat.

Facing the Bundesliga side, Werder Bremen, Fulham`s hopes of getting a result were flattened when Petersen scored the only goal of the game in the 54th minute.

However, more worrying than the defeat, is the fact that our promising Swedish youngster, Alexander Kacaniklic picked up a hamstring injury that will see him miss the start of the Premier League season.

Bad news all-round I`d say.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=326561#ixzz2aUwrDzeH

WhiteJC

Back in for Bent?

Although, I think it was last week, Fulham`s interest in Darren Bent was, supposedly terminated due to salary implications, we now discover a deal might be back on.

After the Bent speculation was ended, a new name was pulled form the hat, that of the AS Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo.

Unfortunately, it appears that Osvaldo has no intentions of leaving Italy so, therefore, it appears we`ve gone full circle and we`re now back on the trial of Darren Bent.

It`s a funny old game as the Saint and Greavsie used to constantly remind us!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=326562#ixzz2aUx1ZdT1

WhiteJC

Fulham season preview: New owner but little change at Craven Cottage
The Londoners are not in danger of relegation but have largely stood still since the exit of Roy Hodgson

Football comment: The arrival of US billionaire Shahid Khan at Craven Cottage makes it difficult to gauge Fulham's prospects for the coming season until the end of the transfer window.

There is no way of knowing how much cash the owner of gridiron outfit the Jacksonville Jaguars is willing to splash. On the evidence of last season Fulham are a side in need of reinforcements, especially in the centre of the park.

Martin Jol's reign at Fulham is reaching a critical stage. His remit two years ago was to make the side more attractive and reduce the average age of the squad.

There is no doubt that the Fulham side is more attacking than it was under previous managers Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes.

Yet the cost has been a much weaker backbone and last year Fulham never recovered from losing most of the midfield that had made them so hard to beat at the Cottage. To Jol's credit, they did start to win away from home.

The exits of Clint Dempsey and Danny Murphy had been expected, but Jol seemed genuinely surprised when Tottenham bought out Moussa Dembele's contract. The midfield was further decimated by the long-term injury to Mahamadou Diarra.

With Steve Sidwell missing too many games through suspension, it says everything that their star midfield player last year was Giorgos Karagounis, the former Greek captain who was with no club and practically in retirement. This did nothing to reduce the age of the squad.

The goalkeeping of Mark Schwarzer was less secure than it had been, so it's no surprise that Jol opted to replace him with Maarten Stekelenburg, the Dutch keeper whose voyage to the Fulham goal has taken a similar path to that of former Cottage favourite Edwin van der Sar.

The defence has been reinforced with the arrival of Venezuelan defender Fernando Amorebieta on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao. Jol never seemed to know whether to pair Philippe Senderos or Aaron Hughes with captain Brede Hangeland and will be hoping he's unearthed the solution to this problem.

This also has to be the year that Matthew Briggs makes the left back spot his own, if he's ever to fulfil the promise that made him Fulham's youngest debutant.

The midfield remains a worry with only Derek Boateng brought in so far. Fulham are in need of a creative midfielder, but they don't come cheap.

They will also be hoping that Alex Kacaniklic, Kerim Frei and Pajtim Kasami graduate from being prospects to first-team regulars. For all the honours that are being won by teams in the Fulham academy, they have failed to produce enough players for the first team.

Up front, Fulham need one new face to support Dimitar Berbatov and Bryan Ruiz. Marcello Trotta is another that Fulham hope will graduate, but a new striker is desperately needed. The other more ambitious hope is that teenager Moussa Dembele (no relation) continues his meteoric form and lands in the first team.

Fulham have been in the Premier League for 13 years now, and worryingly there has not been much change in the prognosis since the time of Hodgson.

Unless Fulham make two or three big purchases, they will struggle to better last season. A top-10 finish with a younger squad will probably see Jol awarded a new contract.

Prediction: Much depends on how Fulham's new signings do, but they will once again end between 9th and 13th spot.
Key Man: Dimitar Berbatov. The Bulgarian is still a class act and if he can net another 15 goals Fulham will have another season free of relegation fears.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news/content/view/full/135925?

WhiteJC

Fulham must target top seven

Fulham FanZoner Henry Walmsley believes a top-seven finish is achievable for the Cottagers should Martin Jol manage to sign another striker.

How has your pre-season gone?

I think our pre season has gone pretty well so far, with three wins from three in Costa Rica, followed by a poor 1-0 defeat at the hands of Werder Bremen.

It's good to see us looking to increase our global fan base too, and cash in on Bryan Ruiz's stardom status in his home country. It's all part of taking Fulham to the 'next level' as Shahid Khan put it.

A player who has been really impressive so far is Patjim Kasami, which is excellent as he's clearly got huge potential, but has struggled to find his feet in his first two years at the Cottage.

Are you happy with how things have shaped up in terms of transfers - both in and out?

The jury is still out in terms of transfers so far. Martin Jol made some very astute free trasfers early on, such as Fernando Amorebieta, but we're yet to see any big transfers.

An £8million deal seems to be in the pipeline for Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo, which is quite exciting, and I've also heard menioned the name of Walter Gargano, who I think would be an excellent signing.

We'll have to wait and see as we're a club which traditionally does most of our big business late.

Is your current manager the right man for the job?

It's a tricky one, but I stand by what I said a few weeks ago, that I'd like to see a young manager with fresh ideas who still needs to make a name for himself in charge.

Someone like Mauricio Pochettino, Michael Laudrup or Roberto Martinez. Having said that, Jol is a well-respected manager, who has the power to bring in big players, like Dimitar Berbatov and Maarten Stekelenburg, so I'm not unhappy with him in charge.

Dare to dream - if everything clicked into place what's the best you could hope for?

Khan brings in some massive signings, Craven Cottage becomes a fortress again, and we finish fifth like Newcastle did a couple of seasons ago, ahead of Chelsea.

Newcastle showed that it can be done, and Everton were very close last year, so stranger things have happened. Will it happen? No, probably not.

Back to reality - what are your realistic expectations for the new campaign?

Top 10. I'm getting bored of saying it. According to 99.9% of pundits that's a good season for us, but for me that's standard, while anything below is disappointing.

I'd like to see us pushing for seventh or eighth because it's definitely achievable.

Perhaps the most important thing is that we don't do a QPR with the new money we have. I'm sure we won't - Khan spoke of sustainability when he took over, and Jol is a sensible man - but it's always a nagging doubt having seen what's happened to Blackburn and QPR.

Who will visiting scouts be keeping an eye on this season?

Who will they be looking out for? Berbatov. Who should they be looking out for? Kacaniklic. Everyone knows how good Berbatov is, and he's the only player who ever seems to get mentioned by opposition managers. Kaca on the other hand is a player who can really terrorise defences, but if played against well can be pretty quiet, so they should be watching him!

If you had to pick one player who'd be fit for every minute of every game, who would it be?

If we don't bring in another striker then I'd have to say Berbatov because our only other strike option is Hugo Rodallega, who is very hit and miss (literally).

There's no way, though, that Jol won't bring in another striker so I'll say Brede Hangeland.

The reason for this is that if Brede gets injured then in all likelihood it will be Philippe Senderos partnering Amorebieta in defence which is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not a fan of Senderos; for all his good attributes he makes far too many mistakes, and that's what defenders and goalkeepers are judged on.

On the flip side (without being cruel!), who is the player with most to prove?

Kerim Frei had a disappointing season last year, after bursting onto the scene the season before. A couple of injuries as well as an unsuccessful loan spell at Cardiff meant first team appearances were few and far between.

He showed in his first season what an exciting player he is, including a man-of-the-match display against Chelsea, and I hope rumours about him moving back to Turkey aren't true, as we need players like him at the club.

If you could sign any one player from any other side in the same division who would you plump for?

I'm going to be relatively realistic here and say Yohan Cabaye. I watched quite a lot of him last year and in my eyes he's one of the best centre midfielders in the league.

His crossing is exquisite, and he's always looking to receive the ball, something we've really missed since Danny Murphy left. The chances of us signing him, though, are slim to zero, so I hope we're able to find another Cabaye in the depths of European football!

If you only win one game all season who would you take three points from?

Chelsea. The last two seasons I've said QPR, but with them back in the Championship it's business as usual, and we can refocus our attention back to Chelsea.

We've only beaten them once in our time in the Premier League, and that was met by a pitch invasion, so you can see how much it means to Fulham fans.

The great thing about supporting a team like Fulham, though, is you appreciate every win. No games are taken for granted, and going to an away game which we win is something to tell the grandchildren about!

http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/16970/8846655/Fulham-must-target-top-seven?

WhiteJC

One Month To Go – A Pre-Season State of The Union
by CHRIS GILBERTSON on JULY 29, 2013

It is now several weeks since Shahid Khan bought Fulham from Mohamed Al-Fayed and announced his presence at the theatrically staged handover at Craven Cottage. In this time the squad have returned from a hugely successful tour of Costa Rica and departed for a week's training camp in the Austrian mountains. There has however been no first team player movement, either in or out, and the looming season is drawing ever closer.

It is easy to be over eager in these long summer months of the transfer window. Sign this player, sign that player cry the voices, while pre-season tune up matches get analysed with the intensity of cup finals, such is the overwhelming desire for football to return to the normalcy of mid-season.

At Fulham however, those voices are not without at least some just cause. 2012/13 was a season of not much more than passable nothingness with the added bonus of Berba-vision keeping the amassed proletariat from voicing their discontent in unison.

We have seen the average age of the squad stay at a level where jokes about receding hairlines might just be a little close to home. We have also seen fan favourites and key players depart with either little warning or fanfare, and on the whole, without replacement.

Mark Schwarzer is one of those to have actually been replaced, Maarten Stekelenburg is certainly looking like a great bit of business by the club, even if it was 53 days ago. Yet the big Australian was hardly given the send off deserving of the greatest goalkeeper in Fulham's modern history. The same could be said of Danny Murphy last summer, who the club should do well to bring back in some capacity, as well as Europa League hero Simon Davies and fan favourite Chris 'Bairdinho' Baird this summer.

While the signing of Dimitar Berbatov on deadline day last August appeased the sense of spiraling desperation set on by the poaching of Dembele and Dempsey, the team has never come close to recovering on the pitch in nearly a year.

It is emblematic that Steve Sidwell, has gone from 4th choice central midfielder in May 2012 to first choice now, without having materially improved his game. Sidwell also seems to have been forgiven for the mental stupidity that saw him receive back to back red cards that limited him to just 12 minutes of action in Fulham's last 7 games of the season just gone.

Then there is the case of Fulham's young players. Anyone who witnessed the Academy triumph to their second successive national title in May would have been elated at the quality of Fulham's youth set up, yet there seems a great reluctance to give them a chance in senior football even in pre-season. Marcello Trotta, now third choice centre forward by default, can't get a pre-season game ahead of the man still searching for a barn door, Hugo Rodallega, and the players Martin Jol does seem keen on, Alexander Kacaniklic, Mesca and Kerim Frei, all play the same left wing position. The halted development of Kerim Frei is just another disappointment of the last 12 months.

All this melodrama aside, the future should and could still be very bright in SW6. The behind the scenes staff at Craven Cottage does a very good job and appears to be in the Khan era management scenario. The club's well-designed drive to self-sustainability for example is still a very worthy cause.

Progress in the current Premier League climate though will however, not come without cost. This Fulham team either needs to attempt a thorough rebuild, where the young talent is given more than one appearance in an away League Cup loss, or some bona fide star names need to come in and rejuvenate a squad which still holds enormous potential.

The course of action hinted at being taken is a mix of the two; blood the very best young players, whilst building an experienced team capable of playing exciting and attractive football. However, we are not there yet. Should players like Chris David and Pajtim Kasami, both potentially exciting, passing footballers, be the future, to see them sat on the bench time and time again is incredibly frustrating. Either sign players of a sufficient standard to grow the team, or give the guys who need to develop an arena in which to do so. Any more time treading water will lead Mr Khan's investment to lose its value in a hurry.

I am sure the club is working hard to improve the squad. With a little over a month to go to the end of the transfer window, by September 3rd we could all be cheering an astounding past month where all our wishes came true, and with the promise of Khan's millions to fund the manager's target list, there is a good chance we will.

With back-to-back home friendlies before we open the season at Sunderland, it would be nice to see some development both with the players we already have, and those we need. A run out at the Cottage for the likes of David, Mesca, Frei, Trotta and Kasami will allow the fans to see what the future does hold. Like the best teams, fans want, and need, to be inspired. The takeover set the wheels in motion; the next month is the time for action.

COYWs

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/07/one-month-to-go-a-pre-season-state-of-the-union/?

WhiteJC

U18s REPORT: Charlton 1 Fulham 5

Read an in-depth report from Charlton's heavy defeat at home to Fulham
Gary Haines reports

The unbeaten start to Charlton's U18s' pre-season campaign came to an abrupt halt on Saturday as they slipped to a heavy 5-1 defeat against Fulham.

Some clinical finishing from the Cottagers put the game out of sight before the break, with Karlan Ahearne-Grant grabbing the Addicks' consolation.

The home side had started the game well, and threatened in and around the Fulham box thanks to some enterprising approach play.

But the Cottagers broke the deadlock in the 20th minute, and added four more goals in a devastating 15-minute spell to take firm control.

After a diagonal pass elude full-back Aaron Barnes, Fulham's winger cut inside before drilling a low shot past Dimitar Mitov, and the Bulgarian would pick the ball out of the back of his net twice more in the next five minutes.

After a slaloming run from the right from a visiting attacker, his cross was tapped in for 2-0 while a third arrived in route one fashion as a clearance from the keeper was flicked on for a striker to nip in and finish.

The goal of the game came soon afterwards as the Fulham's French centre-forward span away from Joe Gomez and curled home a superb shot and it was 5-0 on 35 minutes as possession was surrendered in midfield and the same player moved into space and shot home.

The sixth goal of the half went Charlton's way after Ahearne-Grant was shoved in the box and stepped up to fire home the subsequent penalty.

The hosts improved after the break with the introduction of Terrell Thomas adding some defensive steel as they kept Fulham at bay.

Despite being dominant in possession they couldn't add to their tally as the scoreline remained the same.

Head of coaching Steve Avory reflected: "Obviously it was a shock scoreline in the way it emerged and we had actually started the game in a very promising fashion.

"I have to say Fulham finished clinically, but it was how those chances came about that concerned us.  They came about through some defending that was not to the standard we expect and it was quite surprising to see it unfold the way it did.

"It was a harsh lesson to the players to go five goals down within such a short space of time, but at least we recovered before half-time with the penalty.

"One of our messages at half-time was to ensure it didn't happen again and above all keep a clean sheet. We managed to do through more solid defensive performance."

Charlton host West Ham United on Tuesday afternoon before travelling to a training camp in Oakham, where they face games against Leicester City and Derby County.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130729-u18s-report-952805.aspx?#xsXVAkPbkGm3h2Ky.99

WhiteJC

Fulham Continue Search for Striking Support for Dimitar Berbatov

Boss confirms club is 'working every day' on finding new striker partner.

Fulham manger Martin Jol has said that Fulham are still desperately seeking to add another striker to the club's ranks in order to ease the pressure off of star man Dimitar Berbatov, Sky Sports reports.

Jol watched as his side failed to find the net this weekend as they succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of German side Werder Bremen. New goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg was responsible for keeping the scoreline down with a series of excellent saves, but the side's lack of attacking impetus was evident for all to see.

Last season the side relied too heavily on the goals and influence of star man Dimitar Berbatov, as he bagged 15 goals in 33 league appearances and they saw their campaign peter out into mid-table obscurity.

However, Jol is keen to rememdy this by adding a new striker to his forward line, but has insisted that they are looking for the right player rather than just signing somebody for the sake of it.

"We need pace and a little bit of quality. Berbatov was good, but he can't do everything and we needed to get in behind.

"We will try to get someone up front. We need a few more goals. Since Clint Dempsey left we do not have enough goals in us, so we are working every day to get someone in.

"We have some high-quality players in consideration and we would like another midfielder as well."

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07/29/fulham-continue-search-for-striking-support-for-dimitar-berbatov/?

WhiteJC

Fulham target Napoli's Gargano as Jol accelerates bid to bolster central midfield

Fulham want Napoli midfield enforcer Walter Gargano.

Manager Martin Jol has been determined to bolster his midfield with Tottenham's Tom Huddlestone, Sunderland's Lee Cattermole and Morgan Amalfitano of Marseille all under consideration.

Uruguay international Gargano, 29, spent last season on loan to Inter Milan but they failed to take up an option of a £6m permanent deal.

Competitive: Uruguay international Walter Gargano could be on his way to the Premier League with Fulham

Now Fulham are exploring a similar deal for a player who has 56 caps for his country. His agent Alessandro Lucci is expected in London to discuss terms and he is keen on a move to England. Atletico Madrid are also interested.

Fulham have also made an offer for Marseille's Amalfitano, 28, who is more of a creative player, yet they face competition from Hull, West Bromwich Albion and Olympiakos.

Back-up plan? Tom Huddlestone (centre) would be a very good signing for Fulham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381023/Fulham-target-Napolis-Walter-Gargano-Martin-Jol-accelerates-bid-bolster-central-midfield.html#ixzz2aUymN3vy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ScalleysDad

"At the age of 32 he has shown no signs of slowing down" says Fulham.com about Berbatov
Does this mean that at the age of 33 he will actually be standing still?

MJG

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 30, 2013, 09:18:12 AM
"At the age of 32 he has shown no signs of slowing down" says Fulham.com about Berbatov
I'm pretty mush resigned to the fact that the website & twitter of Fulhamfc.com is basically Pravda.
I dont expect them to be critical in reports etc, but the complete worshiping of Berbatov is wearing a bit thin.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2013, 09:43:20 AM
I'm pretty mush resigned to the fact that the website & twitter of Fulhamfc.com is basically Pravda.
I dont expect them to be critical in reports etc, but the complete worshiping of Berbatov is wearing a bit thin.

. . . as opposed to the continual knocking of Berbatov, Ruiz, Jol and the club which is fair comment by deeply knowledgeable and well-informed posters.

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 30, 2013, 09:52:43 AM

. . . as opposed to the continual knocking of Berbatov, Ruiz, Jol and the club which is fair comment by deeply knowledgeable and well-informed posters.
But dont you think with that things like the 50 Moments That Made Fulham with Berbatov at 5 is just taking things a bit too far. Its almost like his ego has to be stroked every day, either by Jol or website.
Don't get me wrong I like Berbatov and if I had to choose him or Ruiz I would go for him.

farfouille

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

But dont you think with that things like the 50 Moments That Made Fulham with Berbatov at 5 is just taking things a bit too far. Its almost like his ego has to be stroked every day, either by Jol or website.
Don't get me wrong I like Berbatov and if I had to choose him or Ruiz I would go for him.

You are absolutely right here. I wonder why no one mentioned it until now.
Signing a player simply cannot be a moment that made any club... Not even signing MY favourite player. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Basil

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

Totally agree about the ego stroking, like he is doing us a massive favour playing for us. From my understanding we are paying him. No problem with Berba but it is nauseating on occasions.

Apprentice to the Maestro

No, I don't think that its about ego stroking.

It is mainly because it is happening now. The signing of Bobby Moore and George Best happened some years ago so are further down the list. It's just a bit of publicity and memory stirring, just some fun. Why take it so seriously and take it as another opportunity to criticise the club?

And some fans are actually excited to have Berbatov here and see him in Fulham colours every game.

jarv

I would say the signing of Berbatov was on par with Best, Moore, VDS, and Litmanaen (just kidding) :005: