watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JUST IN :Fulham leading race to sign Aston Villa striker Darren Bent

Started by Sammyffc, July 31, 2013, 03:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Sky Sports understands that Fulham are now the front-runners in the race to sign Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

Bent was only on the fringes of the Villa first-team last season, mainly thanks to the impact made by Christian Benteke, and they have further strengthened their attacking options this summer.

The 29-year-old was reportedly the subject of a £4m bid from Fulham and they are expected to make what would be a third offer with Villa standing firm on their minimum valuation, believed to be £6m.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol is keen to sign a striker, with the main aim of taking some of the pressure off last season's leading scorer Dimitar Berbatov.

But there is competition for Bent's signature, with Newcastle also serious in their interest - one press report on Wednesday morning suggested they would be Bent's preferred option.

Newcastle's interest in him stems from last season and Bent is reported to be linking up with director of football Joe Kinnear for talks later this week.

Their boss Alan Pardew is also pursuing a potential loan deal for QPR striker Loic Remy after so far being frustrated in his attempts to sign Lyon forward Bafetimbi Gomis.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8849121/transfer-news-fulham-leading-race-to-sign-aston-villa-striker-darren-bent

jelmo

There is nothing new here. No quotes. No new information. Just a tired transfer Cliche eg - 'Leading the race'

Being a football journalist at this time of the year is probably the easiest job in the world!

Roberty

Just in - Lemmings heading for the edge of the cliff.

Only they don't.

If we were even in the "race" - we would be hearing nothing about it and knowing how frugal AM is with the clubs cash - I suspect they are going to have to pay us to take him.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Ron Sheepskin

'Sky Sports understands...' is simply the television equivalent of a Twitter 14 year old pretending to be an agent ITK.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

RaySmith

This probably means Bent won't sign.

It's the hope that kills!

Holders

It never ceases to amaze me how some cheap papers/journalists call it a "race" or a "swoop".

It's not a question of who gets the bid in quickest, or beats the next team to the phone, it depends on availability and the size and structure of the bid - and the player gets a say as well. As for a "swoop", one pictures all these players on their training grounds when a nasty Fulham seagull flies in and snatches one away to Motspur Park.

But I suppose proper descriptions don't sell tabloids.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Sky Sources understands = Let's get people betting on SkyBet to make even more money. Wouldn't surprise me if some is made up.

jarv

If that windbag Kinnear is involved, should be no problem. That is of course, if Fulham even want him.

Junichi

I'm praying he doesn't sign for us. We could do so much better. To be linked with someone like Osvaldo then to end up with Darren Bent would be heartbreaking.

SP

Quote from: Junichi on July 31, 2013, 04:16:09 PM
I'm praying he doesn't sign for us. We could do so much better. To be linked with someone like Osvaldo then to end up with Darren Bent would be heartbreaking.

Is this the same Bent who scored against us for Charlton Athletic on our last trip to the Valley finishing 2-2?  If so, it seems like a lifetime ago.

Jack Fulham

I'm not too fussed if we sign him. Their are plenty of reasons not to sign Darren Bent but we'd be better off with him than without him.

Bassey the warrior

No new information and this will continue until he goes somewhere. So boring.
Sports tabloid journalism really is the lowest form.

Lighthouse

Just what I was talking about in an earlier thread.

FULHAM TO WIN TITLE.

Sky understands Fulham could win the title if they dress in Red and call themselves Man Utd.

A load of old TishPosh.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hesedmedia

Quote from: Holders on July 31, 2013, 04:11:34 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how some cheap papers/journalists call it a "race" or a "swoop".

It's not a question of who gets the bid in quickest, or beats the next team to the phone, it depends on availability and the size and structure of the bid - and the player gets a say as well. As for a "swoop", one pictures all these players on their training grounds when a nasty Fulham seagull flies in and snatches one away to Motspur Park.

But I suppose proper descriptions don't sell tabloids.

I always imagine a group of white-and-black clad space marines a la "Aliens" landing a drop ship on the training ground, blowing up all manner of dust and debris, players squinting, covering their faces with their hands, peeking through fingers just enough to be able to tell if they're the next one to be taken. Joey Barton off in the corner going "Game over, man, game over..."

Sammyffc

alright jesus biting my head off  065.gif :dead horse: i won't post another article again  1500.gif

Roberty

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 31, 2013, 04:54:48 PM
alright jesus biting my head off  065.gif :dead horse: i won't post another article again  1500.gif

Don't do that - this is the best bit of light-hearted banter seen on here this month.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 31, 2013, 04:54:48 PM

064.gif Don't worry it isn't an attack on you. Unless you wrote it?  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Hey Sammy I think the jibes are aimed at the tired old hacks who regurgitate the same old guff, rather than aimed at you for posting the regurgitated old guff  :dft011:

Sammyffc

haha pfft  fp.gif but i do get what people are saying , but sky sources seem to be quite on form when it comes to transfers 092.gif