watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would anyone NOT want Enoh back?

Started by Scrumpy, July 31, 2013, 11:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Twitter etc talking about Enoh being available for £2 million. Jol saying that it's a tough choice because we have defensive midfielders already.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a 'no brainer'? From what I saw last season, Enoh would easily be worth £4-5 million and do a fine job for us. Am I missing something? Is Jol just trying to keep the price down?

Get him in!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

fulhamben

how many of that ilk do we need though. boatang the buubble and sidwell all play that role
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Before the takeover went public Jol had said much the same thing about Enoh. So I am not sure how old or new all this is. I liked what I saw of  Enoh as he looked the best of the loan players last season. However we are in need of a different type of midfielder. I would love him to come back but we are not in need of him as much as a creative player as well as a forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brown@FFC

Not that I don't want him back, he is not the right sort of player. I'd take him for the future though, with Karagounis and .... not being here next season.

Bassey the warrior

I want him back but we shouldn't spend that on a DM until we've brought in a creative CM.

Deanothefulhamfan

I dont really want him back. We need a creative CM firstly, then a pacey striker and then a left back.... Bringing in boateng has meant we no longer need him

zschwartz

he was fine but if buying him is the difference between also purchasing the services of a 4m cm and younger/more skillful 6m cm then maybe that is enough reason not to take him.

i guess we still don't (or won't ever) know how much money is available so that'd be my concern.

btings

MJG

Not now really. He did ok last sason but was nothing more than a tidy player who moved the ball to the next nearest player.
It would be more of the same if he joined and we could get a repeat of the second half of last season. We need something else to spark the team and its not him.

JackyFulham90

We should definitely sign him, what if Sidwell gets injured & Boateng picks up a knock?  Enoh is a good player

Humbled

100% would take him
He would start for me

Humbled

If we could get Urby in on a season loan we could play the following 11 allowing Ruiz, Berba and Urby to interchange and drop deep when they want etc etc. I like Dejeagah and Kaca but they would be more suited as just wingers that stay wide. 

Stek
Rither Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
             Enoh Boateng
    Ruiz        Berba          Urby
                  Bent

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Humbled on August 01, 2013, 10:03:36 AM
If we could get Urby in on a season loan we could play the following 11 allowing Ruiz, Berba and Urby to interchange and drop deep when they want etc etc. I like Dejeagah and Kaca but they would be more suited as just wingers that stay wide. 

Stek
             Enoh Boateng
                  Bent

Go home Humbled, you're drunk.

Humbled

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 01, 2013, 10:05:33 AM

Stek
            Enoh Boateng
   Ruiz        Berba          Urby
                 Bent

Go home Humbled, you're drunk.

Hahahahahaha.... Well Urby can defend and Ruiz + Berba like to drop deep to get the ball so often play next to the midfield.
Ruiz and Berba will NOT be dropped.
This wouldn't necesserily be my ideal team HOWEVER fitting in Berba and Ruiz I think it would be ok, certainly more attacking lol

EDIT - I'm curious what would you play? Assuming your 'sober'

Humbled

Its not much different from last season, except better quality and includes someone that will STAY upfront!!
All you have lost really is the width/pace out wide but unfortunatly having Ruiz and Berba in the starting 11 without fail each week, if we want a striker, it means we lose our width.
Unless ofcourse you want Ruiz next to Boateng??? Or maybe you want a midfield 3 of Dejagah, Boateng and Kaca??? Which I can't see either working due to lack of defensive abilities.

JackyFulham90

Stek

Riether Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson

Boateng Sigurdsson

Ruiz Berbatov Dejagah

Bent

Subs - Stockdale , Senderos , Enoh , Sidwell , Kasami , Kacaniklic , Rodallega

millsy

I agree Enoh looked neat in his work but I watched his movement closely a couple of matches, as I had noticed that he has a tendency to "ball watch". If you recall, he often impressed by his snappy tackling and decent composure when winning tha ball and handing to a colleague close by. My worry is that he tends to allow opponents too much space, which then forces him into his nippy but late close downs. Unfortunately, the better oppo exploit the space and hurt us before players like Enoh get at them. I always prefer closer marking, so prevention rather than cure.

For my money Boateng looks the more intelligent player and appears to have good composure too. Unless he gets coached otherwise, I also like that he looks for the forward pass, as does Kara.

In summary, Enoh in my view a good squad addition but more pressing priorities elsewhere!

Humbled

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 01, 2013, 10:26:42 AM
Stek

Riether Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson

Boateng Sigurdsson

Ruiz Berbatov Dejagah

Bent

Subs - Stockdale , Senderos , Enoh , Sidwell , Kasami , Kacaniklic , Rodallega

The only problems I see with this personally is Sigurdson defensively, due to fact the 4 ahead of him are so attacking I would prefer 2 solid defensive hard workers in there infront of the defence.
And also Dejagah, I really like him but I not sure he could be similar to a Berba and Ruiz, dropping deep, turning, quick thinking, creative. I would certainly try him though.
I just like him best when he is facing the full back and taking him on 1 on 1.

Scrumpy

Stek
             Enoh Boateng
                  Bent

I like that team.  :plus one:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.