watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports' Bryan Swanson reporting...

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 02, 2013, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

An improved Fulham bid for Darren Bent. Prices haven't been mentioned but there were rumours that our previous bid was £4m.

Bassey the warrior

hazzaffc

Think id rather bent than osvaldo. Pl experience, cheaper, english, fast which is what we need, our team is fairly slow

Burt

I've heard somewhere that we've bid £6m.

Admin

Brown@FFC

£6m is too much for a player that will not get to his peak play again. But, because of how quiet we've been in this window, any signing will do. If we end up signing Bent and Taarabt, I will be satisfied.

Whiteroom

Quote from: Admin on August 02, 2013, 01:24:13 PM
Quote from: Burt on August 02, 2013, 01:21:25 PM
I've heard somewhere that we've bid £6m.

With add on's  fp.gif
If he played as well as he can (and I believe he would) then I don't think that this is overpriced at all. When he has played he has been really consistent.

rusty shackleford

I dont really mind paying 6m or whatever. Its up to the money men at the club to decide what a players worth. Gotta be better value than AJ for 10 anyway

PLB

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 02, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
£6m is too much for a player that will not get to his peak play again. But, because of how quiet we've been in this window, any signing will do. If we end up signing Bent and Taarabt, I will be satisfied.

Who says he will "not get to his peak play again"?! You say it like it's a fact!

Fact is, he has scored wherever he's been and he's 29, not 32 - I really don't understand how you can so confidently write him off?

EJL

fulhamben

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 02, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
lol if he was at his full peak he would cost us 24 million. im willing to bet he is better than a quarter of his best though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hazzaffc

Bent scores when he plays, regardless of whether he got dropped, when he did play last season he scored. Cant really understand how people dont want him

Ordar

Quote from: hazzaffc on August 02, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
Bent scores when he plays, regardless of whether he got dropped, when he did play last season he scored. Cant really understand how people dont want him

+1

One thing Bent is guaranteed to provide is goals. Proven in the Premier League, and cheap by modern standards at 5-6m

brightster

Forget Tarrabt, terrible attitude but we can't have him Berb and Ruiz in the same team, much rather Bent for six million still think he has things to prove especially with the World Cup next year and England struggling to find a striker!

Arthur

Surely, a more important question than 'How much is Bent worth?' is 'How much will he improve us as a team?'

My impression of Bent, in keeping with some others who have posted, is that if he not scoring a goal, he might as well not be on the pitch; in every other aspect of the game, he's ineffective. Yet scoring goals is, of course, the critical feature that determines the outcome of a match and we netted too few times in the latter half of the season.

A year ago, when Jol talked to Fultime about the way that he wants us to play, he spoke of players who possess the skill and technique to interchange positions and allow us to adopt a more fluid, less rigid formation. Now, Darren Bent, this most definitely isn't.

While bringing in Bent is preferable to signing no one at all, his impact on the team will almost certainly be his goals and nothing else. It seems a shame that we can't find a goalscorer - albeit one whose record is not as prolific - who fits in with Jol's philosophy and will not only contribute to us being a better footballing side to watch, but can also help other players to score more.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hazzaffc on August 02, 2013, 03:55:35 PM

He'd improve the team and I'd take him but ideally someone who will offer more would be better. But if he will get 15 goals this season I'll soon warm to him.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hazzaffc on August 02, 2013, 01:20:59 PM
Think id rather bent than osvaldo. Pl experience, cheaper, english, fast which is what we need, our team is fairly slow

Osvaldo is a superior player, far superior.

Baider

Got a lot of time for bent, I don't know how people can justify their dislike to him

He's 10x faster than anyone we currently have in our squad and i'm pretty sure if he got 30 games for us, he will score at least 10..

We need someone who will hang on the shoulder of the last defender and make a run, which we can all agree on is not one of Berbatov's best traits. Bent needs to be making the runs and Berbatov needs to be making the pass, thats what worked so well at United with Rooney and one of the reasons why Berba was never that prolific at United

Jimmy Hill

If you have a fast player that can get in Behind it forces opposition back giving more creative players the Space to play. I think Having Darren bent would help our Away form a lot.

Ruiz11

Villa want £6m but apparently our third bid falls slightly short of that mark, so we may have to wait a little longer to secure our man.