more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's Qualities as a Manager

Started by Forever Fulham, August 02, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 03, 2013, 08:09:52 AM
"Is this [JMS's comment]  a joke? If you're being serious then this is the biggest load of sensationalist and unfounded rubbish I've heard for a while."

I think JMS is being absolutely serious and I couldn't have put it better myself. Jol has no positive characteristics as a manager and is arguably the most over-rated (by the pundits) Premiership manager for ages. He destroyed a decent squad that knew what it was doing and instead of gradually trying to improve things we have seen almost all our better and genuine "Roy" and pre "Roy" players go and instead we have a collection of (often) non triers, occasionally brilliant but mostly running around like a disorganised rabble. Like a stopped clock, Jol is right on occasion, and our German fullback is that occasion. For the rest ...

Totally agree with both JMS and Oakshot, never have we played such boring negative football not even under Bracewell and Wilkens , has favourites and no matter how bad they play they never get subbed and are always on the team sheet next game

SaltfordWhite

I would like to know how he is to blame for tearing a good squad apart!

Lighthouse

His best quality seems to be being popular and he knows what is wrong with the side. Yet time and time again at Spuds he made errors with players available. With us he has done the same. I still don't understand much of his tactical thinking. Bringing on Petric and not Rodders and yet after the game blaming our lack of movement up front. However the fact that he continues to talk a good game may mean given the chance he will deliver.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

That's if you can understand what he says.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2013, 10:38:31 AM
His best quality seems to be being popular and he knows what is wrong with the side. Yet time and time again at Spuds he made errors with players available. With us he has done the same. I still don't understand much of his tactical thinking. Bringing on Petric and not Rodders and yet after the game blaming our lack of movement up front. However the fact that he continues to talk a good game may mean given the chance he will deliver.
seriosuly? if i needed a goal id bring on petric over hugo. i bet hugo still wont of surpassed petrics totall at the end of this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Forever Fulham

Do the players look truly fit to you?  Maybe that's not the manager's fault.  No, wait a minute, that IS the manager's fault--if they aren't fully fit.  Has anyone done a study on what times during the games opposing teams score on Fulham?  I seem to recall a number of late goals that hurt us.  Is it fair to put that down to conditioning?

fulhamben

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 03, 2013, 02:42:48 PM
Do the players look truly fit to you?  Maybe that's not the manager's fault.  No, wait a minute, that IS the manager's fault--if they aren't fully fit.  Has anyone done a study on what times during the games opposing teams score on Fulham?  I seem to recall a number of late goals that hurt us.  Is it fair to put that down to conditioning?
probably doesnt help that we have to waste 2 subs on the 60 min mark getting the bubble and richardson off.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 03, 2013, 02:42:48 PM
I mentioned last season that I felt the age of the team was an issue with the late goals. At some stages last season our back 5 were all 28+ or when Hughes played 30+. Add the other 30 plus midfielders and you have old players battling against younger teams.
You could us just fall back further and further each game.

Forever Fulham

That's true.  If we are going to field older players--for now anyway--then Jol needs to make sure they are as fit as possible.  

Bassey the warrior

I accept he has faults. Tactical faults: his substitutions are often poor and he struggles to have a plan B when things are going badly.
He needs to have the right players to make things work and last season he just didn't. Not by a long shot and consequently more often than not we were poor.
I have faith in him and if we can get the remaining few required players in we could look a lot sharper.

Count Berbatov

His subs are not poor. Usually spot on. His starting lineups are questionable
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

LBNo11

...I have not enjoyed Jol's brand of football and even joined the ranks of those that leave home early last season, (first time since 1968 and Macclesfield at home in the cup) as it was - in my opinion -  too predictable and lacklustre, with no plan 'B'.

But as has been pointed out, this seasons squad will be the closest we have ever seen of a team of Jols making, so I will judge him on the forthcoming results.

If he does well I will be happy for my team, after all, all I want is for them to do well and hopefully play entertaining football...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

WORTHINGFULHAM

I think we have a quality manager in Jol and time is the key, a lot of clubs are too quick to sack a manager rather than give him time if it starts not going to plan.
We need some stability as we have had numerous mangers of the last 10 years and getting to get the players you want, get them thinking the same way, and the tatics played are all part of building a team and progressing as a team.
A new manager puts as back at the beginging again, new views , new players, different tatics etc.
Jol has done well at his time at the club, hasn't set it alight just yet but I think that will come very soon, he has bought in some quality players, some great youngsters and kept people like hangleland, reither, from departing, and coups like berba was just outstanding.
Jol is doing well and we will do better as things will come together..... :Haynes The Maestro:

LBNo11

...I think perhaps we had been spoilt with having Roy Hodgson put together a team that wasn't his but in a short amount of time fashion them into a cohesive team that was hard to beat...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC