watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ scores for QPR

Started by Jimpav, August 03, 2013, 04:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Just in case you wanted to read some more irrelevant news about an ex player... :dead horse:

Lighthouse

Nice volley and pleased for him. But QPR win and Barton is booked, brings down a player for a certain penalty that would have had him sent off and yet the bloke he fouls is booked for diving. Why does scum like Barton get away with so much?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Bet they come back up next season. Glad AJ's playing though, liked him although he was a sick note
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Artful Dodger

He'll still be injured by the end of August and out for the season......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Rock

Quote from: Berserker on August 03, 2013, 05:20:53 PM
Bet they come back up next season. Glad AJ's playing though, liked him although he was a sick note

:plus one:

EJL

I have a lot of time for Johnson. Didn't work out for him here as much as we'd all hoped, but he never stopped running (apart from his many injuries...).

Jimpav

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2013, 05:15:18 PM
Nice volley and pleased for him. But QPR win and Barton is booked, brings down a player for a certain penalty that would have had him sent off and yet the bloke he fouls is booked for diving. Why does scum like Barton get away with so much?

I was surprised to see Barton back with QPR. I don't think it will be long before he's sent of though - leopards don't change their spots.

@ Berserker - I agree, can see QPR bouncing back, probably trading places with Palace. Redknapp has a lot to prove and if AJ stays fit he will get them goals. He was a very likeable player and had the drive/determination but lacked the fitness.

MasterHaynes

I liked AJ, his goal in the Eufa cup against warsaw showed what he could do, when he signed for QPR always thought he would do well if he could keep fit.In the championship can see him scoring a hatful if he keeps fit, he's due some luck.

MJG

I always liked him, worked hard but for some reason always found himself out wide when he should really have been in the box. Unlucky with injuries as well.

f5shooter

Bet they come back up next season.

I hope they do.... we could use the 6 points.

grandad

Because of this is this why the BBC home page give them top spot in the sport section. The media still hang on to their love affair.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

In the match report on QPR in my Sunday paper, I see that Zamora got a grand total of 4 points for his display!

alfie

blame the ref he is the one who made the decision
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Bronsons

Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2013, 10:20:23 AM
Barton is booked, brings down a player for a certain penalty that would have had him sent off and yet the bloke he fouls is booked for diving. Why does scum like Barton get away with so much?

Shoot me, but I think the ref got it right. Sick of players collapsing like cards every time there is contact. I'd book 'em all.

That doesn't mean Barton isn't a thug, of course. 

Rupert

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 04, 2013, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2013, 10:20:23 AM
Barton is booked, brings down a player for a certain penalty that would have had him sent off and yet the bloke he fouls is booked for diving. Why does scum like Barton get away with so much?

Shoot me, but I think the ref got it right. Sick of players collapsing like cards every time there is contact. I'd book 'em all.

That doesn't mean Barton isn't a thug, of course. 

Completely agree with this, there was minimal contact, Barton had just been booked, the attacker had already been denied one penalty shout (another good decision by the ref), he threw himself to the floor. Good decision by the ref.

From the highlights (can we really use that word in conjunction with the Ha-Ha's?) it looks like AJ is going to be a handful, BZ seemed to be putting himself about with his usual aplomb, at least in the first half, and would probably have got the equaliser had the scorer not got the ball first, but their defence seems to be very porous. There may be some high scoring games at the Megaloftusdome this season.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

It WAS a penalty, one of two they should have had. What are you people watching? Oh hang on. A discussion on what happened during a football match? Seems very odd. Not sure I can get used to this. Thank goodness football is back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2013, 10:54:36 AM
It WAS a penalty, one of two they should have had. What are you people watching? Oh hang on. A discussion on what happened during a football match? Seems very odd. Not sure I can get used to this. Thank goodness football is back.

Its the warm-up fortnight LH.

AJ was a reasonably good player, but with his persistent sicklist entries and once BZ decided he no longer wished to play for Fulham, the writing was on the wall. I have fond memories of AJ, and hope he finds his way back to the top, preferably not with the Bitters though.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

They're still the same QP-ARRRRRRRGH, though: Plenty of pace up front, but the back line's rubbish and they don't play together. They can get away with that (for the most part) in the Championship, but if they DO come back up, they'd better spend money on some non-has-beens in the back (Lookin' at YOU, Hill and Onuoha!), or we'll only have them to smack around for one season... and that's no fun at all!  064.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on August 04, 2013, 01:56:14 PM

They're still the same QP-ARRRRRRRGH, though: Plenty of pace up front, but the back line's rubbish and they don't play together. They can get away with that (for the most part) in the Championship, but if they DO come back up, they'd better spend money on some non-has-beens in the back (Lookin' at YOU, Hill and Onuoha!), or we'll only have them to smack around for one season... and that's no fun at all!  064.gif

Then again, under NW they did have a settled squad that played well together, and it was only 6 months after their success at reaching the Prem that TF lost his head, sacked Neil (who had turned them from Fizzy league cannon fodder to champions)  and got Sparky in, and it was generally he who then dismantled the team by going on a spending spree and getting the players that inevitably led to their downfall.

Forever Fulham

He was the offense for Crystal Palace.  But it never clicked at Fulham. You could see how hard he ran and worked at after that.  Maybe the injuries caught up to him.  He was a speed merchant in the earlier years.