watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back up RB?

Started by JackyFulham90, August 03, 2013, 09:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Surely Jol is going to sign another right back, if Riether gets injured we are in big trouble as he is currently our only right back in the squad

Sheepskin Junior

Hughes can play RB. But apart from that, the next best is Duffer
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

JackyFulham90

We need a right back,  shame we didn't get Manolev he was decent

Big Martin Jol

Any chance of Grimmer getting the occasional call-up? I hear he's quite a prospect.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

alexbishop

agree, A utility player like Manolev would be useful to fill in at RB or RM. Hughes at RB was not fun to watch...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

epsomraver

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 03, 2013, 10:04:42 PM
Hughes can play RB. But apart from that, the next best is Duffer

Duff is left footed?

valdeingruo

I think it would go Hughes, Grimmer, Mystery Player
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

JackyFulham90

Hughes is poor at right back, Grimmer hasn't featured in pre season maybe Jol doesn't think he is ready, Manolev would have been perfect

Danitar

What about Kyle naughton from spurs most be worth a try.

Riverside

Anyone seen Grimmer play ?
How close is he to being ready ?
Would be great if he could be the back up
Would like to see some of the youngsters make it into the squad

MJG

Don't thinks its a priority. Hughes can back up in that eleven, even Richardson could do a job on the went side.
After that you have a number of the U21's who have played that role.
Not an issue for me a all.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I must just say Jack Grimmer is not a right back by trade. He has played there but his position by a distance in centre back. The right back for the u21s last season was Josh Passley but Alex Brister, who was involved with last years First Team pre season, was injured.

MJG

Passley impressed me in the last 3 u21 games I saw him.play. would be happy to see him get a rumour as a sub or cup game.

zschwartz

Can't really say the problems caught them off guard... A couple weeks back Schalke were 500k from leaving us with zero at right back.

Hughes at right back for cover?... the gentleman was played out of his natural position by senderos who didn't exactly cover himself in glory last season. could do worse defensively but you can forget any overlapping runs.

Riether's obvious quality but not a young man. it is not a problem yet but could easily become one. i'm assuming a loan comes in.

Irelands_number1

Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2013, 04:00:21 PM
Don't thinks its a priority. Hughes can back up in that eleven, even Richardson could do a job on the went side.

Richardson struggles to do a job on the left or even central never mind on his weaker side.

MJG

Quote from: Irelands_number1 on August 04, 2013, 06:47:34 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2013, 04:00:21 PM

Richardson struggles to do a job on the left or even central never mind on his weaker side.
I did put him as 3rd choice.

cmg

Apart from one half, I have only ever seen Jack Grimmer play at centre-back and very good he is, too. He's not too big, but big enough and has a fine range of footballing skills. His passing is excellent.

Josh Passley is a very eye-catching full back. He is fast, very, very skillful and tremendous going forward. He has yet to be tested fully defensively and I don't think I am alone in wondering if he is actually going to be a full-back. He played on the wing in the first half against Sutton and was impressive.

Grimmer plays right-back for Scotland and has also captained the side. He has played a full part in preseason and I presume he will be a first team squad member this year. Perhaps something can be read into the fact that we seem to have made no efforts to secure Manolev as a cover for Riether.