watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent(Joe Kinnear)

Started by Markffc123, August 04, 2013, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markffc123

He Has said ON SSN: that newcastle are still interested in darren bent -he spent 2-3 hours with bents agents and thrashed out a deal and he is very confident of completing a deal for bent-its just a fee to be agreed with aston villa-and he is aware of "another clubs bid for bent"

grandad

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 04, 2013, 01:25:10 PM
He Has said ON SSN: that newcastle are still interested in darren bent -he spent 2-3 hours with bents agents and thrashed out a deal and he is very confident of completing a deal for bent-its just a fee to be agreed with aston villa-and he is aware of "another clubs bid for bent"

I don´t think Bent speaks French.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

I am not sure Fulham should continue with this seeing as Bent is going to be short of match fitness. Sure they have other chances for forwards. If we could have had things set up for the start of the season then fine. But Newcastle seem to want Bent as a back up while we need him as a player to change our formation.

So Bent was always going to be a gamble and I hope Fulham look elsewhere. Once you have a bidding war for a player passed his best it can go on too long.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Spot on LH. Fulham (if interested) should make final offer, take it or leave it.

Walsh

I am fairly gutted we ain't getting Bent but there are younger strikers out there who could have a great season for us, it's just finding the right one... and if we don't find a striker before the start of the season (along with a midfielder) I am going to be worried.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Walsh on August 04, 2013, 01:57:24 PM
I am fairly gutted we ain't getting Bent but there are younger strikers out there who could have a great season for us, it's just finding the right one... and if we don't find a striker before the start of the season (along with a midfielder) I am going to be worried.

You and the rest of us. If Villa is sticking by the 6 million price tag, we have to walk away. He's not worth that much, and I'd rather spend that on Adel Taarabt, who can really help our pace and movement.

cmg

Yes. But I am sure Kinnear's lips were moving when he said this.

I'd need confirmation from a more reliable source. Where's 'Agent ITK hashbrown schoolholidaysarealmostover.com' wnen you need him?

Nero

So villa let bent talk to Newcastle without agreeing a fee? 

Bassey the warrior

Are you sure? Because he also said that deals for Gomis and Remy were close. It seems very unlikely they will sign all three.

bulgariawhite

Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear has assured fans the club will bring in new players before the start of the Premier League season, but concedes a deal to sign Lyon forward Bafetimbi Gomis is proving problematic.

Riverside

Based on the Poll we did
Fans would prefer Gomis to Bent

Burt

It's been a nightmarish past three seasons for English-born striker Darren Bent, and it seemed he would finally get a change of scenery this summer with Aston Villa ready to sell.

Unfortunately, few have come forward with any interest, and those who have are making mostly half-hearted attempts at his services.

Bent scored 24 goals for Sunderland in the 2009/10 season starting 38 league matches for the Black Cats, but it's been all downhill from there.

He made a high-profile £18 million ($27.5 million) move to Villa Park the following winter, but has not delivered since.  With the 29-year-old making just eight starts and netting just three times last season at Villa Park, his Villa career now accounts for 21 goals in 45 league starts over the past three seasons.

So, seeking a new venture to turn his fortunes back on the rise, one would think a striker who's once scored upwards of 20 league goals would be in demand no matter the circumstances.

That's not turning out to be the case with Bent.

Set to turn 30 in February, only Newcastle and Fulham have reportedly shown any serious interest, but neither have pounced yet.

Looking for a partner to compliment the prolific Dimitar Berbatov, Fulham have seemingly balked at both Villa's £6 million ($9.1 million) valuation and Bent's wage demands at one point rumored to be £80,000-per-week ($122,000).

Newcastle are in the mix but already have Papiss Cisse and are rumored to be heavily involved in acquiring the cheaper Loic Remy from QPR and the younger Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon.

So will anyone really come in for Bent? Or will someone in either the Villa camp or Bent camp have to capitulate to allow him to leave?

There's absolutely no chance Bent would stay at Villa Park given the explosion of Christian Benteke, so will anyone pony up for the man who once was?

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/04/does-anybody-really-want-darren-bent/

Ordar

Not sure why Newcastle would buy Bent and Remy unless they are selling Cisse. Not a move I can see either Bent or Remy going for.

Maybe we've given up on him now, given how protracted the transfer is and are going back for Osvaldo

fulham traveller

I hate this transfer window, just wwen we thought we was getting a player, its goes again, wake me on septrmber 2nd

mungos beans

I will wake you up when we are relegated.

JackyFulham90

I will be gutted if we don't sign Bent the man scores goals hopefully the club has other targets in mind

Humbled

the stories coming from Newcastle are amusing me, apparently agreed terms with Bent but no fee and agreed a fee for both of Remy and Gomis but not terms!

TWFL

Great news. Was really hoping he didn't come. Much better strikers out there, just need to make sure we get one by the end of September (or better by the start of the season!)

kiwiwaka

Quote from: TWFL on August 04, 2013, 07:39:54 PM
Great news. Was really hoping he didn't come. Much better strikers out there, just need to make sure we get one by the end of September (or better by the start of the season!)
Who for that sort of money, home grown and with that sort of record?

TWFL

Quote from: kiwiwaka on August 04, 2013, 08:01:27 PM
Quote from: TWFL on August 04, 2013, 07:39:54 PM
Who for that sort of money, home grown and with that sort of record?
He's inconsistent, is a complete confidence, ie wants to be the main man, player, doesn't do anything outside of the box and I'm sorry for that sort of money you think it's a good deal?! Add wages on to that £6m deal plus the fact that he will have little to no resale value it's a very expensive option for us. Look abroad, sad fact of English football is that players are way, way overvalued because of the "homegrown" situation.