watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -Putney Pub Update

Started by The Equalizer, August 04, 2013, 03:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

A head's up for any potential London Pride drinkers who head to Putney pre-match.

The Whistle and Flute is now CLOSED. Yes, CLOSED. For good. My local gone. I don't know what to do with myself anymore! It's becoming a cocktail bar, because Putney is crying out for another of those soulless dives full of tarts and tossers.

The Slug and Lettuce up on the High Street has also closed and has been turned into a pub-food restaurant chain called 'Bills'. Options for drinking in Putney are limited to The Rocket, The Brick, The Normanby, The Duke and the Spotted Horse. Coat and Badge is still okay, but I know that the Jolly Gardener's don't allow footie colours in at all.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

jarv

My local used to be the Duke's Head. Spent many a happy evening in there years ago.

Those tarts and tossers part with their money much more readily than we older gentlemen I guess.

The Doctor

If it's Pride you're after, I'm almost certain that The Durrell keeps that on tap.  A bit off route if you come from Putney, but worth it

King_Crud

bugger, that was my usual post game venue to watch the 5:30pm game. A sad occassion

The Enclosurite

Shocking news.  It's going to be a bit cosy in the remaining decent Putney pubs this season.
¡COYW!

Jack Fulham

I usually go to the Boathouse on the river round the corner from the Rocket. I don't think it does London Pride but its not rammed like most pubs so usually get a seat. Gutted about the Whistle and Flute though. Used to go for the early kick off before Fulham game. Ah well.

leonffc

Shame about the whistle & flute. I liked it in there although rarely went in as all my mates drink in the low country which I'm starting to despise.
Love the Durrell and further afield the white horse at parsons green but I don't know if they serve pride.

nickmuir

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 04, 2013, 03:59:30 PM
A head's up for any potential London Pride drinkers who head to Putney pre-match.

The Whistle and Flute is now CLOSED. Yes, CLOSED. For good. My local gone. I don't know what to do with myself anymore! It's becoming a cocktail bar, because Putney is crying out for another of those soulless dives full of tarts and tossers.

The Slug and Lettuce up on the High Street has also closed and has been turned into a pub-food restaurant chain called 'Bills'. Options for drinking in Putney are limited to The Rocket, The Brick, The Normanby, The Duke and the Spotted Horse. Coat and Badge is still okay, but I know that the Jolly Gardener's don't allow footie colours in at all

i go in the Jolly Gardener's on a football day's with my colours  on and they never say anything

and if your coming from out of London like i do you have got the railway just on the other side of the road from Putney train station

St Eve

Hey equalizer. Sailing around Martha's Vineyard. Terrible news

Burt

Things have been on a downward spiral ever since they first ponced around with the Cottage, and then turned closed it and turned it all in to flats....

The Equalizer

Quote from: St Eve on August 05, 2013, 02:58:47 AM
Hey equalizer. Sailing around Martha's Vineyard. Terrible news

ARGHHH!! My pub (and the place that I met you briefly) shuts down, and you're in the one place in the world that I'd really rather be right now: Amity Island!

Hope you have fun mate!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Two Ton Ted

He's gonna need a bigger boat...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Ron Sheepskin

"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Alternative

Whistle is no loss. Went there when Rocket was too crowded and Brick ran out of ale.

It did serve Fullers ales but it had loud music and bouncers. Not my kind of pub at all.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 04, 2013, 09:34:20 PM
I usually go to the Boathouse on the river round the corner from the Rocket. I don't think it does London Pride but its not rammed like most pubs so usually get a seat. Gutted about the Whistle and Flute though. Used to go for the early kick off before Fulham game. Ah well.

The Boathouse is a Youngs pub, so doubt it'll ever have Fuller's on tap

RidgeRider

Quote from: leonffc on August 04, 2013, 10:58:51 PM
Shame about the whistle & flute. I liked it in there although rarely went in as all my mates drink in the low country which I'm starting to despise.
Love the Durrell and further afield the white horse at parsons green but I don't know if they serve pride.

Leon, what happened to the Low Country?...atmosphere not good anymore?. I was only there twice and that was in Jol's first year..seemed decent then but maybe thats because I got to meet everyone for the first time and didn't take a notice of anything else.....

leonffc

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 05, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: leonffc on August 04, 2013, 10:58:51 PM

Leon, what happened to the Low Country?...atmosphere not good anymore?. I was only there twice and that was in Jol's first year..seemed decent then but maybe thats because I got to meet everyone for the first time and didn't take a notice of anything else.....

Its prices seem to have crept up but the staff are soooooo slow. The atmosphere is generally good in there as the same crowd are still about but its just a chore to get a drink, even before the crowds mass.
Depending who I'm with I prefer to do a little pub crawl now rather than stay in there.