News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Cheapest place to get a decent pint...

Started by FFCYORK, August 04, 2013, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCYORK

So in and around fulham/wimbledon, other than weatherspoons wheres the cheapest place for a drink?    Anyone know anywhere with 2pound pints or a decent happy hour or something? .....used to prices in york.

The Doctor

You'll be lucky.  ~£3.50 is standard pint price round that way.

Are you asking specifically for matchdays or are you asking more generally?

leonffc

I know Yorkshireman are tight but........

Weatherspoons at the top of Putney high st. Don't know how much a beer is in there.
The golden lion used to be quite cheap and its decor reflects that. Again I don't know how much.

One thing I do know is that the low country bar isn't cheap and the staff are useless so steer clear of there

Airfix

Pints for around £2?  Might I suggest 1997?

HatterDon

Old fart hijack alert!!!!!!  092.gif

my first ever pint - summer of 1966 -- was 1s9d -- about 8p if my math is still serviceable. Yes, you could get majorly loaded and have a Wimpy [ask your granddad] and still have change for your 10 bob note [ask your granddad again]. Of course, this was before real ale and 90% of the bitter and 99.8% of the keg bitter seriously sucked.

Back in my day ...  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Funny that Mr HD, was in Brixton on Saturday dropping Burt Jr off to stay with one of his uncles / my brothers, and we ended up going around the markets and having a snack at an Ethiopian restaraunt, and when we came out of the market there was a Wimpy right in front of us.

Long time, no see. Thought they were extinct...

King_Crud

Quote from: Burt on August 05, 2013, 08:36:40 AM
Funny that Mr HD, was in Brixton on Saturday dropping Burt Jr off to stay with one of his uncles / my brothers, and we ended up going around the markets and having a snack at an Ethiopian restaraunt, and when we came out of the market there was a Wimpy right in front of us.

Long time, no see. Thought they were extinct...

there's one in Clapham Junction

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on August 05, 2013, 03:47:11 AM

my first ever pint - summer of 1966 -- was 1s9d -- about 8p if my math is still serviceable. Yes, you could get majorly loaded and have a Wimpy [ask your granddad] and still have change for your 10 bob note [ask your granddad again]. Of course, this was before real ale and 90% of the bitter and 99.8% of the keg bitter seriously sucked.

Do you remember when Hitchin used to have two Wimpeys Don? they competed for business about 300yds apart for years which always baffled me, even as a kid.

HatterDon

Quote from: leonffc on August 05, 2013, 09:11:45 AM

Do you remember when Hitchin used to have two Wimpeys Don? they competed for business about 300yds apart for years which always baffled me, even as a kid.

I don't remember that, but I do remember the wife of a friend of mine who, after her first visit to Hitchin said, "I've never seen a town with so many places where they sell flowers." :beer:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

The Rocket in Putney will do a pint of Fosters for £2.10 or a pint of Ruddles Best for £1.89 on a Monday.

It's about a quid more the rest of the time though.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

EdenRob

I spent three days in York recently and never found a pint of for less than £3.40. Perhaps because I was specifically looking for Cask Marque but I just can't imagine what you'd be buying for £2!
And the fuel was no cheaper except at Morrisons on the ring road.

Vinnieffc

My new home town of Bexleyheath has got a Wimpy on the main shopping street and me and the Missus went in for nostagia's sake 'cos neither of us have been in one since the age of around 15. I can tell you catagorically that my burger was still from the 1970's and I promptly puked it up half an hour later.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 05, 2013, 09:49:09 AM
The Rocket in Putney will do a pint of Fosters for £2.10 or a pint of Ruddles Best for £1.89 on a Monday.

It's about a quid more the rest of the time though.
They only pay you £2.10 to drink a pint of Festers ? I'd want far more than that !  063.gif