News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Preston vs Blackpool -- Steward hit by horse!

Started by Walsh, August 05, 2013, 10:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

and then he got trampled. Hilarious

When did this happen? Why were the fuzz on the pitch in the first place?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on August 05, 2013, 10:05:00 PM
and then he got trampled. Hilarious

When did this happen? Why were the fuzz on the pitch in the first place?

Tonight. Old rivalry Preston vs Blackpool in the 'Capital one cup'. Div 1 Preston scored the winner with 4 minutes left and Preston fans invaded the pitch and ran at Blackpool.

jarv

Nice to see hooligans are still alive and kicking.

Walsh

Quote from: jarv on August 05, 2013, 10:09:01 PM

hardly hooligans, far from it! Preston fans are friendly, they just got over excited.

Chesh

Quote from: Walsh on August 05, 2013, 10:11:56 PM

hardly hooligans, far from it! Preston fans are friendly, they just got over excited.

Take it you never went to Deepdale in the dark old days!
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Walsh

Quote from: Chesh on August 05, 2013, 10:21:46 PM

I'm sorry to say I didn't, I'm only 21 so I didn't really live through the "dark old days", what exactly went on?

epsomraver

You wouldn't make silly  statements about Preston fans if you had.

Northern Cottager

Just been at the Preston game. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Blackpool fans were silent most game until thy got a few corners. Pitch invasion was half arsed but half entertaining too.

Chesh

Quote from: Walsh on August 05, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

I'm sorry to say I didn't, I'm only 21 so I didn't really live through the "dark old days", what exactly went on?

Let's just say PNE's 'finest' were usually less than friendly when it came to the long road back to the station.

Northern Cottager

Been visiting deep dale since about 95 and never seen much trouble, great bunch. My dad and uncle been going on since the 'dark old days' and never reported much negative back apart from maybe poor stadium and John Beck long ball tactics?

Chesh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 05, 2013, 11:02:54 PM

Been visiting deep dale since about 95 and never seen much trouble, great bunch. My dad and uncle been going on since the 'dark old days' and never reported much negative back apart from maybe poor stadium and John Beck long ball tactics?

Can only quote from my own experiences from the late eighties (e.g. when we won 4-1 on the plastic was one occasion), and maybe your dad and uncle were on the coaches or car.

I'll let others say about 70/71 (was it?), as that was before my time, but although not on the same level as Burnley (who are top of the neanderthals from that part of the world), Preston were not always angels as a whole.

From the mid-nineties onwards it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen much trouble, because football grounds as a whole have been much more sanatised since then.

Walsh

Quote from: Chesh on August 05, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 05, 2013, 11:02:54 PM

Can only quote from my own experiences from the late eighties (e.g. when we won 4-1 on the plastic was one occasion), and maybe your dad and uncle were on the coaches or car.

I'll let others say about 70/71 (was it?), as that was before my time, but although not on the same level as Burnley (who are top of the neanderthals from that part of the world), Preston were not always angels as a whole.

From the mid-nineties onwards it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen much trouble, because football grounds as a whole have been much more sanatised since then.

Quite odd to hear but Burnley doesn't surprised me, I went to Burnley vs Bolton last year (couldn't make it last week because my mates were busy) but it's always a great game but Burnley fans are scum bags.

Deanothefulhamfan

I was at uni in Preston a few years ago.... Let me tell you they are not friendly in the slightest.... They hate burnley with a passion and there is ALWAYS trouble in that game.... Blackpool is another big rival and their should have been more police present to stop things like this happening.

Burt

Burnley view Preston as an irritant more than anything else. The team they have a real problem with is Blackburn.

Hope the steward was ok.

fulhamfever

I was at the game to last night. Heck all the Stewards and police had to do is form a line between the two halves of the pitches.

epsomraver

Yeah great idea so they have two sets of thugs coming at them front and behind fp.gif

Northern Cottager

Before the game a train from Blackpool was sent back full of fans who had caused a lot of damage, the away end was wrecked and some cars on route to the ground set on fire.

The steward is fine but was treated for a shoulder injury at the ground.

Putney

Preston is such a horrible place. Spent many a miserable moment waiting at Preston station for my connection. Also Deepdale is the only ground where I couldn't finish my beer because it was so vile. Once was a steward at a Burnley vs Preston game. Wasn't trampled on by a horse so some success.

fulhamfever

Mate I rather pay £190 a month in rent then pay £900 a month in rent living in London get me.