watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok lets be honest

Started by watfordwhite, May 03, 2010, 09:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watfordwhite

Who cares about Wednesday, where is everybody going to be drinking in Hamburg?
Any recommendations good or bad? :033:

RidgeRider

I do....sort of.....I still would really like to tidy up our season by finishing in tenth place so a win Wednesday is a must....I suppose a draw would do it as well but I also have some outside hope that we can draw against the arsenal and steal 9th away from Birmingham as well. So I would like to see us pick up league points and think we can with our 2nd string.

FatFreddysCat

It'll be the Thomas Reid on the Reeperbahn . Not sure if i've mentioned it about ten times before  :015: . Right got to go earn some money for Hamburg. No bank holidays for moi.

Logicalman

I'm with you there RR, I'd like to see a minimum of 4 points from the last 6, though I can see Brum getting at least a point at Bolton next weekend, so maybe 10th is the best we can do, but at least it is top half of the table, not a bad season result considering the two cup runs we have had to boot.

For those stateside, FSC+ have the match live on Wednesday - already posted on Exiles thread.

Lighthouse

I would settle for finishing 10th and think that is wonderful. A win against Stoke should do it. But it is a mystery to me why we seem to have abandoned any interest in the Prem and not thought about next season and the problems of another long Europa season for our small squad. If we dont beat Athletico it becomes a real problem if we enter through the Fair Play. It starts before the World Cup ends.

Still a great great season but lets keep our eye on the ball. Following such a season we don't want a lose the ball in the lights. Right thats all the balls I am willing to take.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KCat

I will care  big time ..............if Duff, Davies  Hangeland Hughes  or any of the rest  get injured ....................we are playing the biggest units in the Premiership
and Roy will play our best men to keep them sharp............They are  Assassins !!! .

and that Bar Stool Merson and LaTizzy said  about Fulham:
well they have hardly set the Premiership alight
   : They (Fulham) will finish in the bottom half of the table 

Burt

A win on Wednesday is a must...but with our reserve team!

Jimpav

Our "reserve" team are quality and I've every faith in them against Stoke, who are in their own words happy to have secured another season in the top flight.

Stoke can be a bit clumsy and thuggish but Digakoi and Greening will give as good as they get. Okaka is a big lad as well, providing he stays on his feet.

Nevland may not have pace but he still gets himself in good positions and creates chances.

Top ten finish will be amazing. I don't think we could have got much higher this season because we have only win away once and Januarys horror show cost a few points.

I wouldn't blame Europe though has it has been brilliant for us. It has brought out the best in BZ and Gera, plus we have seen the while squad getting games. Attendances are up and the team have proved themselves on a big stage. 

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 03, 2010, 09:51:19 AM
I do....sort of.....I still would really like to tidy up our season by finishing in tenth place so a win Wednesday is a must....I suppose a draw would do it as well but I also have some outside hope that we can draw against the arsenal and steal 9th away from Birmingham as well. So I would like to see us pick up league points and think we can with our 2nd string.
+1
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Burt on May 03, 2010, 10:59:14 AM
A win is a must but the regulars will be playing. Still gives them a week to rest for the final.
Fulham for life!

Rupert

We damn well should be up for it!
Definately one for the first team, remember that for a lot of fans this is the last match they will be at, so the traditional end of season lap of honour beckons, and boy do the lads deserve it. For that reason alone I hope we have a full house and are full of voice. A storming win will put the lads in good heart for the final, by all means play the reserves against Arsenal to give the first string a week to recover, and reward the reserves for providing such reliable back-up whenever required. Hopefully Arsenal will already be mentally on the beach and we could shock them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cebu

Also, for those fans unable to got to Arsenal or Hamburg, it will be the chance to wish Erik all the best for the future.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Tom on May 03, 2010, 05:39:54 PM
Quote from: Burt on May 03, 2010, 10:59:14 AM
A win is a must but the regulars will be playing. Still gives them a week to rest for the final.

My guess is you both are right. I would think we would see our starting XI out there with possibly some minor tweaks, like no Zamora or Davies, and then guys like Murphy, Hangeland, Gera or Duff would be subbed off at half time or in mid-way thru the second half for our bench guys.