watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Suarez

Started by Jimpav, August 07, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I'm baffled by this whole saga but I'm enjoying it.

Suarez is a repulsive character and has finally come out and bit the hand that fed him (Liverpool, not Ivanovic). Liverpool have a lot of egg on their face and deservedly so - the way they have backed him through the Evra incident was shameful.

As for Arsenal I still can't work out if they are serious or if this is a smoke screen for another marquee signing. Suarez is a great talent and could help them challenge for the title but he still has bans to serve and is a loose cannon - what would they do if Spurs pip them to 4th place and Suarez hands in a transfer request?

Not only this but if or when he steps out of line again then he would surely be in for an even lengthier ban. Fine if you are Real Madrid but not so good when your back up is Walcott.

RidgeRider

Good point Jimpav. I also can't see Wenger being able to see past Suarez's total lack of character. I know a lot of folks don't care for Wenger but I think what he is able to do each year with Arsenal, given how much they actually spend, and how much profit they make, is commendable. It would surprise me if he would bring that cancer in to their club.

Holders

He's a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I really woudn't want him in any team I supported, he's  muddied Liverpool's once good name more than once.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Ruiz11

Even Liverpool fans and club staff are starting to turn on him now with these allegations that the club promised he could leave if they didn't make the top four and that Rodgers has lied to him and kept him at the club against an agreement between player and coach. He's upsetting the only people who are keeping him from being completely thrown to the lions.

Deanothefulhamfan

He is the most disgusting human being to grace the proffesional football world.... My mate is an Arsenal fan and despises him just as much as I do, so I am having real pleasure in this whole saga....

He is genuinley one of the best players in the world its just a shame he is such a horrible human being...

Nero

Liverpool as always showing a total lack of class. Thrre is something in his contract that has been lost in translation.  They should just let him go  but they are like a desperate ex who wont admit its over.

Problem here is Liverpool still think they are big club but they aren't they are turning into Everton

The Doctor

It's a real shame it looks like he's going to Arsenal.  I wish he'd just bugger off out of the Premier League entirely.  Tired of hearing his whinging

malcbridger

He's hungry for success so will probably eat the likes of Bacary Lasagna, Oxtail-Chamberlain. Chomp, chomp.

Rudolph

They are one loathsome, horrible unit and deserve all that's coming to them. 

rusty shackleford

Suarez leaving training, crying?

Logicalman

Unfortunately, if it wasn't for Kenny being so blinkered (and an awful manager to boot) in backing that animal, perhaps we would have been shot of him long ago. Unfortunately for the club, they were forced to back Kenny's pet after Kenny said what he did, and so it was just as much KD's fault that the club have scrambled over their face - but its their own fault they got in that next waste of space as a manger though.

Bassey the warrior

I'm enjoying it quite a bit so I hope it doesn't end anytime soon. Particularly enjoying hearing Rodgers' angry comments after all the self righteous c**p he spouted last season. Ultimately I hope he goes abroad as I can't stand him (great player though).

Forever Fulham

50 goals in two years?   In today's age, I expect baggage with those statistics.  They are simply unnatural, especially at Liverpool lately... 

Wingnut

Great player, horrible individual. I think Arsenal's bid is nothing more than a PR stunt and he will end up staying at Liverpool, and sulking on and off the pitch. A bad season for Suarez will result in that price dropping. I don't believe that Madrid are genuinely interested in him. I think Bale is #1 for them. Spurs are the only other team who might bid for him, once the Bale deals goes through.

Liverpool fans have to be the craziest people round when it comes to transfers. I love this, "if Bale is worth X then Suarez is worth £60m" talk. The simple fact is that everyone knows Suarez wants out of Liverpool at all costs. Bale seems, well publicly anyway, happy to remain at Spurs, therefore Madrid have to pump in money to entice him away from Spurs.

I think this will get tastier as time progresses. Where is good old King Kenny these days, the man who created the Suarez we see today? From the comments I have read online, Kenny has been disrespected and is a victim in all this!
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Alan

What I love about this "saga" is Rodgers moaning about Suarez being disloyal, despite what Rodgers did himself at Watford.
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: The Doctor on August 08, 2013, 07:47:00 AM
It's a real shame it looks like he's going to Arsenal.  I wish he'd just bugger off out of the Premier League entirely.  Tired of hearing his whinging

I so Agree  !!..................and he can take Gareth Bale, Wayne Rooney and Sami Nasri with him.  I hope their going, on the last day of the window, is a big surprise to their respective fans

Jimpav

It gets better...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23620772

Liverpool fans want Suarez apology
8 August 2013 Updated 17:50
By James Peacock - BBC Sport

Liverpool fans say there is a way back for Luis Suarez at Anfield - if he apologises and shows some loyalty.

Manager Brendan Rogers has told the 26-year-old to train alone after showing a "total disrespect" to the club by trying to arrange a transfer to a Champions League side.
The Uruguay striker, who has been Arsenal's main summer target and also linked with Real Madrid, said he would consider using legal action against Liverpool if he did not get his way.
Suarez told the Guardian (external) and Daily Telegraph (external) earlier this week that the Reds "promised" he could leave this summer if they did not qualify for the Champions League - but Rodgers has dismissed the claim.

Supporter Jim Boardman, a contributor to the online fanzine Anfield Wrap, said fans were not surprised by what he called Suarez's "selfish" behaviour.
"There are sections of fans who are unhappy with him and if he stays he will have to apologise to them," he said.

"I am sure he can say he's sorry and make it sound like he genuinely means it."
Suarez scored 30 goals in 44 appearances for the club last season but has attracted controversy throughout his career.

Andy Knott, the co-editor of the Liverpool fanzine Red All Over The Land, wants him to leave.
He said: "The club doesn't need characters like that. The way he is behaving I'd take the bare minimum for him.

"I'd be more gutted if [Philippe] Coutinho went. Everyone who is talking to us on social media is saying to get rid of him.

"People always tell me he's a cheat and this and that - but we knew that when we signed him after the World Cup."

The Spirit of Shankly supporters' organisation did not want to comment on the Suarez saga because it is an on-field matter.

But Justin Heron, the founder of the website Kop That, says he is seeing a range of opinion from their international users.

He said: "Older supporters are unhappy about the situation but the younger generation see it differently.

"There is a big section of Liverpool fans who think Suarez should repay the loyalty that the club has shown him and give it 12 more months.

"If we're way off the mark next summer then nobody would be too unhappy if he left.

"Either way, I think there needs to be an apology to Liverpool fans.

"There is a chance that Liverpool would sell him but I think you are talking more in the region of what Edison Cavani or Radamel Falcao went for."

Forever Fulham

"Get rid of him!  Pitchforks, men!  Make him apologise!  We don't need him, right?"

Well, he scored 50 goals in 2 years.  He's pretty much our entire offense.

"OK, will, uh, make him train by himself!  And he can't use our loo.  And he has to enter the stadium through the Deliveries gate."

Right you are.  Of course.

"We'll all hold our noses whenever he steps on.  Surely you're not going to ever start him again, right, Brendan?"

Yes, 'fraid so.  But only because we're paying him. Like you, I can't wait until he leaves.

"OK, then, nobody clap for him.  We'll give him the silent treatment."

Logicalman

Quote from: Wingnut on August 08, 2013, 05:51:55 PM
Great player, horrible individual. I think Arsenal's bid is nothing more than a PR stunt and he will end up staying at Liverpool, and sulking on and off the pitch. A bad season for Suarez will result in that price dropping. I don't believe that Madrid are genuinely interested in him. I think Bale is #1 for them. Spurs are the only other team who might bid for him, once the Bale deals goes through.

Liverpool fans have to be the craziest people round when it comes to transfers. I love this, "if Bale is worth X then Suarez is worth £60m" talk. The simple fact is that everyone knows Suarez wants out of Liverpool at all costs. Bale seems, well publicly anyway, happy to remain at Spurs, therefore Madrid have to pump in money to entice him away from Spurs.

I think this will get tastier as time progresses. Where is good old King Kenny these days, the man who created the Suarez we see today? From the comments I have read online, Kenny has been disrespected and is a victim in all this!

Agree with your comments, though I would counter that Kenny was less a victim than the orchestration of his own demise.
After trying to defend the boy following the Evra incident, he then claims that the Cottage finger never happened and was forced to publicly apologize by the board for both his and the boys reactions.  I agree with backing your players, but Kenny took it just a little too far, anf Rogers is of that same mold.