Main Menu

Steve Sidwell warn's Taarabt against 'lazy' performances

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 08, 2013, 12:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Forever Fulham

Apprentice to the Maestro

Taarabt says in his video on the official web site that he has met Sidwell when Sidwell has met up with Zamora (and Johnson?).

RidgeRider

I think with gifted footballers like Berba and Ruiz, seasoned veterans who've been there like Kara, Riise, Riether, Hangeland, Sidwell and Boeteng....its unlikely Taraabt will get away with being lazy. Our team is full of professionals and our team is run professionally. I think Jol would freeze him out if he acted up and our players will be all over him like white on rice...especially Berba. That's why I think we will be fine. Berba won't take crap from anyone. He is a true Pro and expects only the best from everyone....hence why he gets frustrated

jms

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 12:54:24 AM
I think with gifted footballers like Berba and Ruiz, seasoned veterans who've been there like Kara, Riise, Riether, Hangeland, Sidwell and Boeteng....its unlikely Taraabt will get away with being lazy. Our team is full of professionals and our team is run professionally. I think Jol would freeze him out if he acted up and our players will be all over him like white on rice...especially Berba. That's why I think we will be fine. Berba won't take crap from anyone. He is a true Pro and expects only the best from everyone....hence why he gets frustrated

Is this some kind of joke post ? Berba is  such a prima donna......Jol will 'freeze him out'........this guy will be in his element... surrounded by another load of over paid, badly coached, egoists. God help us.
Bring back  the likes of Simon Davies and zoltan. Honest players, with no agenda.
I can't wait for this season to start. :022:

RidgeRider

Quote from: jms on August 08, 2013, 01:01:29 AM

Is this some kind of joke post ? Berba is  such a prima donna......Jol will 'freeze him out'........this guy will be in his element... surrounded by another load of over paid, badly coached, egoists. God help us.
Bring back  the likes of Simon Davies and zoltan. Honest players, with no agenda.

No joke. We just see things differently. Berba is not a prima donna, he just has high standards. The rest of our squad are solid veterans and good Pro's. Not sure where you are coming from.

Bassey the warrior

Berba is used to having good service. But I don't buy all the claims that he's lazy, yes he doesn't chase lost causes but he often tracks back. He made more tackles last year than I'd seen him make at Man Utd.
Same goes with Ruiz, he actually works very hard defensively.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 01:05:01 AM

No joke. We just see things differently. Berba is not a prima donna, he just has high standards. The rest of our squad are solid veterans and good Pro's. Not sure where you are coming from.

if you watch his interview after the QPR game it backs up what you are saying completely, when he gets annoyed it's not at players with a lack of skill it's at the players who he knows are good enough and experienced enough to make the right decisions.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

I give credit to Sidders for addressing the 800-pound gorilla in the room. The only person who's been able to motivate Taarabt is Taarabt, and that needs to stop. If it does, I hope we have an option to keep him. If not, then send him back to Hoops. Prima donnas don't help us.

Ruiz11

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on August 08, 2013, 01:17:06 AM
I give credit to Sidders for addressing the 800-pound gorilla in the room. The only person who's been able to motivate Taarabt is Taarabt, and that needs to stop. If it does, I hope we have an option to keep him. If not, then send him back to Hoops. Prima donnas don't help us.

I'm sure we do have an option to keep him, which is a why a loan is perfect for both parties. If Taarabt is motivated, works hard and scores goals then we'll keep him, if not he'll go back to QPR. It's up to him to prove himself.

epsomraver

Why are you sure there is an option? it has not been said anywhere at all.

atleTheodor

Quote from: epsomraver on August 08, 2013, 08:27:55 AM

Yes, he said himself that there's an option to buy in his interview in L'equipe, but that's the only place where it has been mentioned.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

Holders

Quote from: atleTheodor on August 08, 2013, 08:37:17 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 08, 2013, 08:27:55 AM

Yes, he said himself that there's an option to buy in his interview in L'equipe, but that's the only place where it has been mentioned.

Do you have a link to that interview by any chance?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Moose on August 08, 2013, 01:10:32 AM

Berba is used to having good service. But I don't buy all the claims that he's lazy, yes he doesn't chase lost causes but he often tracks back. He made more tackles last year than I'd seen him make at Man Utd.
Same goes with Ruiz, he actually works very hard defensively.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

This! This all over...

An argument/opinion based on observation and reasoning.

Though I don't think I've ever seen Berbatov sprint, I have seen him track back and make interceptions in our defensive third. Totally agree the 'lazy' tag is unwarranted. If anything, calling him lazy is in itself a lazy analysis of his short comings.

FFCByTheRiver

There was an article somewhere, showing that statistically Berbatov and Ruiz were two of the most effective defensive forwards. Can't be that lazy...

The team won't let anyone get away with lack of contribution.

Edit: http://squawka.com/news/2013/06/24/top-5-premier-league-strikers-who-defend-from-the-front/2013062411606/robert-snodgrass#main

Arthur

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 08, 2013, 01:13:35 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 08, 2013, 01:05:01 AM

if you watch his interview after the QPR game it backs up what you are saying completely, when he gets annoyed it's not at players with a lack of skill it's at the players who he knows are good enough and experienced enough to make the right decisions.

A prima donna is 'highly temperamental and self-important'. Berbatov may not be a prima donna, but, undeniably, his actions - the visible and frequent remonstrations with his colleagues coupled with the incident in which he revealed the 'Keep Calm and Pass Me the Ball' message for everyone to see - leave him open to this accusation. He may indeed have realised this: towards the end of the season, I don't recall him berating other players so animatedly.

My criticism of Berbatov, however, is that too often last season, he reacted to having been let down by his fellow players by letting down the team himself. On numerous occasions, he gave the impression that he was purposely refusing to 'join in' as a means of showing his displeasure. By this, I mean that we would be in possession of the ball seeking to attack and Berbatov would make a point of doing nothing to help. Typically, he would simply stand still - a casual observer not prepared to move.

The reasons for our failure to provide much in the way of entertaining football last season were manifold. Berbatov produced some wonderful moments of skill last year, but these were somewhat negated by his approach. There can be no excuse for not trying to do what's best for the team; Berbatov, irrespective of the frustrations of playing alongside those less capable than himself, shoulders as much blame as anyone. Hopefully, this will be less evident this year.

Riverside

Quote from: BenjyUK on August 08, 2013, 09:00:41 AM
There was an article somewhere, showing that statistically Berbatov and Ruiz were two of the most effective defensive forwards. Can't be that lazy...

The team won't let anyone get away with lack of contribution.

Edit: http://squawka.com/news/2013/06/24/top-5-premier-league-strikers-who-defend-from-the-front/2013062411606/robert-snodgrass#main

Agreed that both work hard . Especially Ruiz whose attitude has always been spot on.
This though reflects the weakness of the midfield .
Here I count 4 . The central 2 and the wings .
I would like to see Berba and Ruiz doing much more in the opponents half .
For that to happen though we need to be going forward more .