watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Louis Saha retires from football

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 08, 2013, 01:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

A great servant to the club. Thankyou very much Louis, best wishes in your future endeavours

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Admin

I'd be a little more bothered if he showed some respect when he left. Always went over the top with his celebrations and made a big point throwing it in our faces, considering we gave him his big chance in English football.

Lighthouse

Very sad that a truly wonderful player has had to retire from the game. Injury ruined what could have been an even better football journey for him. I still remember his first goal for us as if it was yesterday. At least the first one I can remember. Collins with a pass and Saha still had an awful lot to do. But with speed,power and guile he scored and I thought this bloke is something special. Even in those great days when we were seeing players of such talent  play for us we had forgotten what great football was about.

For his time with us I thank him for some great memorys and wish him all the best.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SaltfordWhite

People will hate, and that is their right to do so, but he was a big part of just about the most exciting Fulham side in history.

It's just a shame he never fulfilled his true potential because of those injuries.

twang

Time has healed the wounds he made when he left, so I wish nothing but the best for Louis in the future.

What a great player he was... One of my first favourite footballers as a kid.

Markffc123

i agree with all the comments so far-he was a great player for us-i even tried to copy him at times back in the day with his turn and shot and the amount of power he got on his shots were unbelievable aswell as outstanding in the air-and part of me was willing him on at man united hoping he would do well and the other part was dissapointment he was in the red of man united and not the black and white of fulham!#king louis

Count Berbatov

What a player he was and could have been. I guess staying fit is part of the game
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Burt

All the best to him. He will go down as the spearhead in one of our most successful, attractive teams.

The Equalizer

Quite probably the best footballer I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt. It was heart-wrenching when he left us for United, but it was done for a reason: our future. It was a real shame that he never again matched what we glimpsed in the first 2 season that he was with us, but even so, I'll always look back on those days and those goals with a smile on my face.

Good luck Louis.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FTID

Will never forget his two against United in our first game of the prem, especially the first one

RaySmith

All the best to him - he will always be remembered by Fulham fans for those magical seasons.

Travers Barney

Best (when in his prime player) I've seen for us.

coyw
We are the whites

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 08, 2013, 10:04:47 PM
Quite probably the best footballer I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt. It was heart-wrenching when he left us for United, but it was done for a reason: our future. It was a real shame that he never again matched what we glimpsed in the first 2 season that he was with us, but even so, I'll always look back on those days and those goals with a smile on my face.

Good luck Louis.

Well said that man  :54:
Saha the complete striker, gave us hope, a big part of the wonderful team that took us to the Premiership and refurbished The Cottage
Good luck Louis !

hongkongfulham

Quote from: FTID on August 08, 2013, 10:18:27 PM
Will never forget his two against United in our first game of the prem, especially the first one

100%

Holders

A great player and fantastic athlete, one of the best I've ever seen play for us.

And, like so many others being discussed today, he came to us with some on forums* expressing doubts about him given his previous record at other clubs.

*Fora, actually, but I use the uncouth spelling.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc73

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 08, 2013, 10:04:47 PM
Quite probably the best footballer I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt.

I'll always look back on those days and those goals with a smile on my face.

Good luck Louis!

:plus one: Thanks for the memories Louis

LBNo11

...a fantastic footballer with a natural talent and amazing ball control, his first season was a revelation and we all had to pinch ourselves to believe he was for real and playing for us.

His premier league games were limited by injury and in his leaving he seemed to have forgotten the support we gave him as he tried to gain match fitness and just as he had, he would be injured again and the cycle would begin again. But when he was match fit he was an exciting player to watch and inevitably sir red nose wanted him for his ocean and plucked him from our pool and the manner of leaving was hard to take for a lad we took to our hearts.

But despite that he was one of footballs greats - and he once wore the Fulham shirt and I will never forget the enjoyment I enjoyed watching him tear defences apart. Good luck King Louis...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

grandad

Louis, Dead Snake & Bazza were a joy to watch. How I wish we could have them back as they were.
Where there's a will there's a wife