watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jean Tigana lap of honour

Started by LesStrongsFarrahs, August 08, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesStrongsFarrahs

Under the Chairmanship of Al-Fayed it was impossible for Tigana to set foot in the Cottage.  Losing a (completely unfounded) court case probably left a bad taste in the mouth for Mo. 
Now we are under new ownership however it must be time for the club to show there appreciate of Tigana? The Championship-winning team was incredibly. Maybe the club will continue to ignore the man but it must be time to show him some respect and, dare I say, dignity.....

Buffalo76

Lighthouse

All a bit late in the day now. Under Tigana we played some of the best football seen at Fulham since the football gods first put the first sod of turf on the pitch. Since Tigana every side has become less exciting to watch although under Roy we minded less because of the success.

However Tigana was able to use the money that was available and his ultimate failure was enough to turn Al away from the throwing vast amounts of confetti shaped coins at the team. Tigana was a big big part of the Fulham history. But we have all moved on. I see no point in doing more than saying so long and thanks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Markffc123

tigana was great for us-but i believe since us his career has gone down hill-is the guy even still managing?

Burt

He is "in between" jobs at the moment... Was managing a team in Shanghai (Shenhua) but left due to poor results etc.

I think it's fair to say that he never hit the same heights as he did with us.

Burt

I would love to see him back for a lap of honour... We played the best football I have ever seen us play under his management, and he did get us in to the "promised land", so from that point of view he will go down in history as one of our best managers.

Not sure it will ever happen though... Although MAF has left, don't forget that Tigana counter-sued, won, and secured £2m+ from the club and I don't think that will be forgotten in a hurry regardless of who the chairman is.