more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A season of struggle he says..

Started by Admin, August 08, 2013, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

lol, that bloke is an idiot
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Seems very fair to me. We have problems in central midfield, our home form was obviously worsened last season which is a huge worry and we have only got one reliable goalscorer.

Add to that, that our starting eleven is one of the oldest in the league and what's the guy going to say? Nailed on top half finish? No chance at the moment, not when most teams around us has made significant additions to their teams.

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on August 08, 2013, 07:32:53 PM
Seems very fair to me. We have problems in central midfield, our home form was obviously worsened last season which is a huge worry and we have only got one reliable goalscorer.

Add to that, that our starting eleven is one of the oldest in the league and what's the guy going to say? Nailed on top half finish? No chance at the moment, not when most teams around us has made significant additions to their teams.
no but he could at least be accurate, first off he gets our length of stay in the prem wrong, so he lost me there. and then follows up with a ludicrous comment of if a couple of results went the other way we would have been bottom 3. well that could have been the same for 12 teams last season. plus he doesnt mention that a couple of results going our way would have had us in the top 9. we all know that a striker and cm will be coming before the window shuts so he is being paid to comment inacurate facts, hyperthetical nonsense and the bleeding obvious. surley any one with a little diggnity would have declined to take part , or at least looked over the final footage
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SaltfordWhite

Yes. Lets spend money on whatever is out there, because that is the only way to survive in this league.

SaltfordWhite

Rupert

And we attach any weight to his personal opinion because...?

As we begin our thirteenth consecutive campaign in the Premiership, despite our home form dipping last season (ooh, does that mean we did pick up away points, must be the case) I predict a season of ups and downs, joy and heartache, towering victories and supine defeats and probably finish between twelfth to eighth.

There, somebody set that to a series of photos with, ahem, "comical" moustaches drawn on our players, and it will become just as relevant to our final position as this effort.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

Well, it wasn't exactly piercing insight, but for it's banality you can't really fault what he said.
- We did win fewer games at home.
- We did pick up a few more games on the road.
- 2 or 3 more results against us and we would have been in big trouble.
- Our midfield wasn't the most creative going.
- We did rely on Berba for goals.

Who knows what this season will bring? With pundits forecasting anything from relegation to comfortable mid-table not even the experts can agree.

Bassey the warrior

I thought it was fair assessment to be honest, The Guardian seem to be the only paper who care enough to research us rather than just brushing us off as 'that nice club who Berbatov plays for'.

Logicalman

Fair assessment or not, isn't there at least 1 such write up EVERY season about us, since we joined the top flight? We get the same on Fox every season as well, it's just part and parcel of being a middle of the table club.