watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Safe place to leave bike near the Cottage on a match-day

Started by TheManOnTheBus, August 09, 2013, 10:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

I normally come by public transport, as I have kids with me. On saturday I will come on my own so will likely cycle. 

Anyone got any tips on where I can chain up my bike and not have it trampled by hoards of departing fans after the game...  I arrive from Putney direction.

Perhaps Bishop's Park has cycle racks somewhere (but don't recall ever seeing them).

Any tips? 

Holders

I used to leave mine behing the loos in Bishop's Park. Trouble was,  getting it out after evening games if they've locked the gates.  You'll be ok on a Satuday though.

No, it wasn't the loos - it was behind the groundsman's shed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Apprentice to the Maestro

Don't the club use various schools for car parking? Do they also allow bike parking there as schools usually have bike racks? Ask the club if they do or might consider it.

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: CorkCity on August 09, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
Leave it by the goal that Fulham are attacking.
Yep - could chain it to the post!  :005:

Burt

Don't have too many sherberts... Nothing worse than being three sheets to the wind on a contraption that only has two wheels.

Unless you have stabilisers of course  :dft011:

LBNo11

Quote from: CorkCity on August 09, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
Leave it by the goal that Fulham are attacking.

...just choked on a piece of chicken reading that!

Re the bike parking, you used to be able to chain your bikes up on the wall between Bishops Park and the Putney terrace, I must admit I haven't taken much notice as to whether they still do...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Andy S

A lot of people chain their bikes to railings at the hammy end.
When I first started going to the cottage in the 1960's there was a man in one of the houses in Stevenage Road who used to look after the bikes in his Garden. He used to charge sixpence (2 1/2p) but at least you knew it was safe and hadn't had its spokes kicked in. He had loads of bikes in there I bet he made a small fortune. But it was cheaper than the 1 / 3p bus fair (6p)

Airfix

You could read the club website:

BY BIKE

If you are planning to cycle to Craven Cottage, you will find bicycle storage racks located in Bishops Park, just behind the Putney End of the stadium.

Transport For London's Cycling Journey Planner is a useful resource for planning your trip to and from the stadium.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Andy S on August 09, 2013, 12:24:52 PM
When I first started going to the cottage in the 1960's there was a man in one of the houses in Stevenage Road who used to look after the bikes in his Garden. He used to charge sixpence (2 1/2p) but at least you knew it was safe and hadn't had its spokes kicked in. He had loads of bikes in there I bet he made a small fortune. But it was cheaper than the 1 / 3p bus fair (6p)

1/3d or 1s 3d

Northern Cottager

Attach it to the Jackson statue and hope someone attempts to steal both. Of course, for your loss of the bike we will all chip in to replace.

SP

I'd love to cycle to the ground, very civilised.  Don't forget to shout at any pedestrians who stray into the cycle lane in Bishops Park.

:005:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Andy S on August 09, 2013, 12:24:52 PM

I've mentioned this before, but when I was a kid I would sometimes ride my bike and park it in this bloke's front garden in Finlayson Street. He used to do okay out of it too, but the only problem being, it wasn't his garden. He knew that the house owner would always go away whenever Fulham played at home, so without permission, he would stand at the garden gate inviting cyclists to park there safely for sixpence. He must have been mortified when the house was sold, and the new owner was quite happy to stay at home on match days.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us