watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Williams update:

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, August 09, 2013, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

As you know, our young Aussie winger is on loan at Oxford United in League Two, he's played twice, so I thought I'd get some thoughts from Oxford United supporters on his first impressions. Bare in mind this performance was against Championship side Charlton Athletic in the Capital One Cup.

"He is very classy. Quick and not afraid to take a man on, he was a bright spark. Not afraid to get stuck in either. Still very raw though and made some sloppy errors. Should have done better when clean through at 1-0 by Mullins."

"Think he got knocked off the ball a little too easily. But that may have been him trying to go it alone a bit too much. Same goes for COD."

"Before I went tonight I watched YP interview with Williams and was not too impressed. He gave the impression of being here under duress and didn't sound too enthusiastic. But he did impress me tonight. He is quick, got some good crosses in and closed down quickly. He is quite tricky too. Unfortunately he has another of Potters traits. He missed a sitter."

"Williams put in a typical League 2 winger's performance. Fast and riding the challenges one minute and then disappearing for long passages of play the next. I don't think he made enough intelligent runs and poor old David Hunt looked exasperated at having to hold Charlton at bay as Williams did little tracking back. There's a dangerous and exciting player in there somewhere - CW's job is now to eek it out."

"Energetic, quick and not frightened to take on a player. Similar to Alfie in a way. I was very impressed with his performance, but there were occasions where he lost the ball rather clumsily or stupidly. Based on his performance last night, I think he may prove to be a promising signing."

"He has raw talent and is exceptionally quick. I would think that he will offer a positive alternative in games from the bench if required. I thought he was good last night and will grow in stature with the more experience he can gain through playing in the first team."

TWFL

Some good reviews. Can't say I'm not surprised about the getting knocked off the ball thing, he's only 18? 19?

Anyway it's largely positive stuff, lets hope he can keep it up through the season.