watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Walter Gargano or Chantome? Opinions?

Started by Fulhamforeva, August 09, 2013, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamforeva

Being linked with both and gargano arived last night for talks. Which of the two would ye prefer to see next season as i cant see us signing both??

Ordar

Well they're totally different players. Gargano a Yaya Toure style (not in height) player who will break up play and get things moving

Chantome is a creative midfielder, obviously not as proven as Gargano and definitely not as big a name.

It boils down to what system we'll be playing. I personally think we should go with Boateng and Gargano in CM giving the team a real solid base. This will also take pressure off the 3 attacking midfielders and striker having to track back so much. (And hopefully preventing them from dropping so deep)

Lots of teams have employed that system with great success, and Boateng and Gargano are good enough players to make it work

Brown@FFC

A lack of creativity was the major problem last year. My only worry with Gargano is his height, and will he be physically strong enough in the premier league. I would say Chantome is more suited for us, even Granero would be a good edition. Sidwell is ample back up for Boateng in the defensive position, and a creator next to him will further decrease the chance of our forwards dropping back, being either Ruiz or Berbatov. 

Markffc123

lets take them both-lets be greedy for a change-keep sidwell for back up -boateng im sure he already is in MJ's Plans as we chased him for 2-3 years

Zu-Meister

take both, we still lack options in the middle. Sidwell should be fourth choice.

justinfromga

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 09, 2013, 01:49:07 PM
lets take them both-lets be greedy for a change-keep sidwell for back up -boateng im sure he already is in MJ's Plans as we chased him for 2-3 years

Competition makes everyone involved better.  Bring them both on board and lets try to move past the days of having starting spots locked down at every position.  Having to battle for a spot never hurt anyone.

The Equalizer

Wasn't Gargano the nemesis of The Smurfs?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

I'll believe it when I see it.  With respect to the OP, this is his first post.

Holders

Has Gargano arrived for talks - I'd heard it was his agent?

Encouraging if he has.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bassey the warrior

I would prefer creativity. If we don't have that then Berba, Ruiz and Adel will drop deep to collect the ball thus nullifying our attack. We've seen it before.

Rhys Lightning 63

Gargano - Chantone is French and I don't like The French
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Craven Mad

I'd prefer to buy Chantome, than to loan Gargano, mainly due to age.

Tactically it depends on whether or not Jol wants another Striker. If we plan to play (e.g.) Bent and Berba up top with Ruiz/Tarbs behind, I'd prefer the addition of Gargano to cover us defensively. If our front two remain Berba and Ruiz I'd prefer Chantome to provide a deeper creativity to feed their play higher up the pitch, encouraging Berba not to drop quite so deep.

Chantome offers more offensive support, Gargano offer more defensive support. For me, if it's an either/or, it hinges on how our front 4 line up, as the back 4 is far more predictable..

For maximum flexibility though, we'd ideally see both..

Andyb

Gargano successful passes last season- 83%
Chantome - 92 %

Chantome tackle success last season - 80%

Craven Mad

Quote from: Andyb on August 09, 2013, 04:08:28 PM
Gargano successful passes last season- 83%
Chantome - 92 %

Chantome tackle success last season - 80%

I'm not too sure what this is trying to say, particularly as there is only tackling % for Chantome and with no dates/times included, but have you watched them play?

They play in different leagues, for different teams, with different tactics, with different team mates, against different opposition, and for different amounts of time.. You can't really compare players as broadly as this..