watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Any tips for a first-timer in Prague

Started by atleTheodor, August 10, 2013, 08:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atleTheodor

Me and my better half arrived in Prague last night, and with none of us having been here before, we haven't really got a clue to where/what we ought to do/go. We found a nice "absinthe bar" last night, but we probably shouldn't end up there every night, hehe.

So - anyone got any tips? Anything "unmissable"?
Or are anyone on this forum from Prague and are able to give an "experts" opinion? Thanks in advance.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: atleTheodor on August 10, 2013, 08:04:38 AM
Me and my better half arrived in Prague last night, and with none of us having been here before, we haven't really got a clue to where/what we ought to do/go. We found a nice "absinthe bar" last night, but we probably shouldn't end up there every night, hehe.

So - anyone got any tips? Anything "unmissable"?
Or are anyone on this forum from Prague and are able to give an "experts" opinion? Thanks in advance.

An absinthe bar, that sounds like a sore head the day after is a cert.

My in laws went last weekend and said they visited the square and there was plenty of buildings and cages and things. Think once you find the square you'll find more to do.

hongkongfulham

Jimpav

Head across the Charles Bridge and up the hill to the castle. Climb up the gate house/ tower at the start of the bridge for a good view of the old town.

There are a few jazz clubs that often have good love music if you want something a bit different - ask your hotel if they have a listings magazine.

You can't go wrong by wandering around though and taking in the old town.

Southcoastffc

http://www.timeout.com/prague/

but just walk and follow your own instincts.  Lots of music, usually public events in the main square (cant recall what it's called), loads of bars and clubs, ask the locals.  Hope you enjoy it.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

atleTheodor

Thanks for all the replies. We will definately check out the square and the old town. Probably find a jazz bar as well.

Oh, and by the way - have we had any other czehk players recently, besides Marcel Gecov?
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: atleTheodor on August 10, 2013, 08:55:39 AM
Thanks for all the replies. We will definately check out the square and the old town. Probably find a jazz bar as well.

Oh, and by the way - have we had any other czehk players recently, besides Marcel Gecov?

Drobny, goalkeeper but never made an appearance?

Danitar

King_Crud

Do one of the free walking tours, they're fantastic. When I was on one there was a stand giving away free beer as part of a promotion. FREE BEER! Amazing.

Also if you like different beers this bar was really good, a huge amount of beers on tap

http://www.praguebeermuseum.com/