News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell must be ever-present this season ...

Started by HatterDon, August 10, 2013, 04:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

... obviously, he's the only Fulham player who can score against top-flight opposition.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Good post. I like Sidwell, has his limitations but gives it his all AND does get a few goals. Didn't he get the same as Ruiz last season but played about half the number of games and he is not a forward.
I think he will be a stand out this season. (as long as he doesn't get injured).

Brown@FFC

There will be a creative centre mid in one of the 2 centre mid positions, and I'm sure Boateng and Sidwell will interchange regularly.

God The Mechanic

He scores goals, no doubting that (and more often than not they're ugly goals too), but that's not why he's in the team.  Maybe play him up front, get him chasing and harrying defenders while another midfielder does midfieldy things.

Buffalo76

That'll be partly up to him not picking up needless bookings and missing games through suspension.

fulham traveller

he is injured. don't know if he will be out for a while

JackyFulham90

Sidwell played alright today scored a cracking goal, one of him or Boateng should start with Gargano or Chantome partnering them

The Old Count

But so many people on here say he's useless.

Surely they know better than Jol, Roy. Mourinho and O'Neil.

Seriously tho' When he plays we play.

FTID

I love Sidwell, my favourite player in the club.

In the Enclosure

Sidwell is a good destroyer / press conference in midfield and not a bad passer. He went off injured today - we will need him next week at Sunderland

Enter the Frei

Don't think he's good enough in general play, had a decent game today though especially in the first half.

bill taylors apprentice

He is not widely appreciated, but when he is not playing we miss him.

BarryP

We didn't earn many points without him last season. I am trying to be optimistic about the forthcoming season.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

St Eve

He tries hard but he is just not good enough

fulhamking

Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 1972, 09:51:41 AM
... obviously, he's the only Fulham player who can score against top-flight opposition.
I will have the same of what you have been drinking. Seriously lads, the whole Premiership is laughing at Fulham for insisting that Sidwell is a good mid. In good days he is bellow average. Seriously, work rate has nothing to do with it (He has that, I will give it to him...., but that is it). Do you want to push for Europe places or not, for God sake?

St Eve

Couldn't agree more fulhamking. Nest we will be hearing how great Richardson and Senderos are.

Lighthouse

Irony on FOF is sometimes hard to appreciate.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

hongkongfulham

I always liked sidwell but he has been pants this preseason (didnt see Parma game) and ended last season poorly. Bit over the top to say he is not up to it.

Him and Boateng are great to interchange in there and decent headache for Jol on who he starts next to whoever our CM savior ends up being. 

alfie

when i log into general discussion i seem to have lost everything after 10th August, come on who has stolen all the threads?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't