more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just back from the game

Started by Admin, August 10, 2013, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on August 11, 2013, 10:39:54 AM
Just as well no-one on the pitch can hear anything that comes from the Hammersmith end. That is bang out of order, just because he happens to have come from QPR.

Let's hope he soon turns that small faction around - as Baird did.

The acoustics working for us for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he will and noted he wasn't shy of stepping forward when the free kicks were lining up. Perhaps he should be our free kick taker as with the exception of the one little bit of input all game from Ruiz all our free kicks were useless.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 11, 2013, 10:02:56 AM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 10, 2013, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 10, 2013, 11:24:24 PM
Is it worth taking a punt that MJ could go mid season, thought i might place a bet now if the odds were good

8/1 with Coral. Might be worth a go

wasn't it you who was booing taarabt riether lightning ? seen by a few on twitter saying it was someone called ' rhys lightning '

Yep, that was me
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Holders

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 11, 2013, 11:08:45 AM
Is it worth taking a punt that MJ could go mid season, thought i might place a bet now if the odds were good

wasn't it you who was booing taarabt riether lightning ? seen by a few on twitter saying it was someone called ' rhys lightning '

Yep, that was me

WHY?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Holders on August 11, 2013, 11:16:09 AM

Yep, that was me

WHY?

It would take too long for me to explain my reasoning on this messageboard. If you bump into me at the Arsenal game, I'll tell you then

Holders

I struggle to imagine how any explanation, however long, could justify booing a Fulham player on his debut before he's kicked a ball - WHEREVER he comes from.

Chr*st, I'd even keep my mouth shut if it were John Terry. Well, maybe not John Terry but I don't see that Taarabt deserved it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

beijing ben

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 11, 2013, 10:12:18 AM
2 Goalkeeping errors by Stekelenberg has got me a little worried the one against Werder Bremen which lead to Bremen winning and against Parma which he played the ball straight to a Parma player and lucky Parma shot wide. Our next game is a competitive fixture in the Premiership. If we dont look organised now when will we be? Its not a switch that we can flick like OK lads we are not in Pre Season mode anymore we are in the Prem it dont work like that I am worried.

Exactly. Pre season is about regaining fitness and allowing new players to integrate into a system. It takes a few games to get it sorted. Now, at best, we will have to use the first three games as the experimental games with any new additions that come in..

ScalleysDad

Quote from: beijing ben on August 11, 2013, 12:02:55 PM
2 Goalkeeping errors by Stekelenberg has got me a little worried the one against Werder Bremen which lead to Bremen winning and against Parma which he played the ball straight to a Parma player and lucky Parma shot wide. Our next game is a competitive fixture in the Premiership. If we dont look organised now when will we be? Its not a switch that we can flick like OK lads we are not in Pre Season mode anymore we are in the Prem it dont work like that I am worried.

Exactly. Pre season is about regaining fitness and allowing new players to integrate into a system. It takes a few games to get it sorted. Now, at best, we will have to use the first three games as the experimental games with any new additions that come in..

Can we really afford to continue experimenting in league games though? The Sidwell effort aside we hardly looked threatening yesterday and for the most part the pace was leisurely until the ginga ninja decided to up the anti a bit and Ashkan got over excited. We are off to two of the most passionate stadiums in the Prem and then we have Arsenal and a West Brom side who have quietly gone about their business. We can't really wait until October to click as we have Stoke at home and two away games in a week on the tele when we never look good. Plan A should have been nailed by now with Plan B the one being researched in the second half of the last three friendlies. Yesterdays starting eleven would have been ripped to bits in a Prem game and I have still have a concern over Reither. He didn't look happy and content yesterday and although he does walk as if his boots are too small he looked to be carrying a niggle of some sort. It didn't stop him making the occasional run as an overlap but more often than not the ball went inside, to the melee of a congested midfield. Could he still be our late in the day departure?

beijing ben

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 11, 2013, 12:13:35 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on August 11, 2013, 12:02:55 PM

Can we really afford to continue experimenting in league games though? The Sidwell effort aside we hardly looked threatening yesterday and for the most part the pace was leisurely until the ginga ninja decided to up the anti a bit and Ashkan got over excited. We are off to two of the most passionate stadiums in the Prem and then we have Arsenal and a West Brom side who have quietly gone about their business. We can't really wait until October to click as we have Stoke at home and two away games in a week on the tele when we never look good. Plan A should have been nailed by now with Plan B the one being researched in the second half of the last three friendlies. Yesterdays starting eleven would have been ripped to bits in a Prem game and I have still have a concern over Reither. He didn't look happy and content yesterday and although he does walk as if his boots are too small he looked to be carrying a niggle of some sort. It didn't stop him making the occasional run as an overlap but more often than not the ball went inside, to the melee of a congested midfield. Could he still be our late in the day departure?

That's exactly what i'm saying. We will effectively have to throw those first three games away (one is in the cup i think). We can't blame two new players in two key positions for coming in and not be amazing from the start. And this is the best case scenario!...

SKSW6

Yep, that was me

Maybe you should try booing him to his face. Once he sees that it was just some loud-mouthed idiot with a stupid customised name on his shirt, he'll just laugh in your face.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 11, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

Yep, that was me

Maybe you should try booing him to his face. Once he sees that it was just some loud-mouthed idiot with a stupid customised name on his shirt, he'll just laugh in your face.

If I see him, I will

MOR :

I was in my usual seat in the Stevenage Road and didn't hear the boos for Taarabt as someone has said thank God for the naff acoustics at the Cottage...

On the play yesterday I think we still need a left back, centre midfield and someone to put the ball in the back of the net.

Mind you Fulham fans have been saying that since last season.

jarv

Oh dear, this thread makes for depressing reading. I will wait til I have seen a couple of games before any comments. The match report on Fulhamfc.com did address some problems but also some good points.

We all have our opinion but I have to say, I am getting a bit fed up with the negative comments now. The repetition, particularly about Sidwell and Ruiz is getting really tedious. So, just to be boring myself, those of you who trash Sidwell just don't have a clue about football.
Ruiz is pleasing on the eye sometimes but yes, he often screws up. (I admit too that I have not been too convinced he has what it takes, but moaning on here will not change that).

There are some posters I don't read now but unfortunately, those same negative posters pop up in the middle of a thread which is hard to avoid. Frankly, I would much prefer to see Freddys cat back. At least his posts were mostly tongue in cheek but he got banned! Shame.

The Rock

I'd like to see Fat Fred back - uncontrollable and a complete liability of the board and not liked by the admin's at times I know - but he (and his better half) will tell it like it is at times and I have very much liked them for that on here and in person.

Booing a player based on performance is something that doesn't bring positive returns. You pay for your ticket, so you can do it, perfectly fine. I remember Baird was getting booed all the time and I made it a point when I was in the front row a game or two to specifically give him some positive comments because he wasn't that bad and getting better etc

BUT, to boo a player when he hasn't been given the chance, especially this unknown from Morocco who came into the fold 3-4 years ago with QPR is wrong.

Lighthouse

Quote from: jarv on August 11, 2013, 12:49:55 PM
Oh dear, this thread makes for depressing reading. I will wait til I have seen a couple of games before any comments. The match report on Fulhamfc.com did address some problems but also some good points.

We all have our opinion but I have to say, I am getting a bit fed up with the negative comments now. The repetition, particularly about Sidwell and Ruiz is getting really tedious. So, just to be boring myself, those of you who trash Sidwell just don't have a clue about football.
Ruiz is pleasing on the eye sometimes but yes, he often screws up. (I admit too that I have not been too convinced he has what it takes, but moaning on here will not change that).

There are some posters I don't read now but unfortunately, those same negative posters pop up in the middle of a thread which is hard to avoid. Frankly, I would much prefer to see Freddys cat back. At least his posts were mostly tongue in cheek but he got banned! Shame.

You can stop reading posters by clicking the ignore button in your set up options. The problem with repitition is that the negative posters (such as myself) do not agree with all of the other so called negative opinions. So we tend to repeat ourselves. The 'just smile and it may get better' are as frustrating to me as the 'I hate Sidwell and Ruiz' posters are. I like both players.Losing is never a problem for a Fulham fan. But seeing the same things go wrong for a year is annoying. So we all say the same thing until the club and manager can deal with it.

Oh and I too miss Fat Fred and Blingo. But its not my call nor is what posters post. But we all can ignore posters if we want to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: jarv on August 11, 2013, 12:49:55 PM

In all due respect, you'd want to see a couple of games first before making a comment? On basis of our pre-season and yesterdays shambles, we are clearly in the same position as last year, so you're not making any sense, sorry. To say we haven't got a clue is once again a bit of an insult.

I get you're point about Sidwell and Ruiz, but I think most peoples concerns, including mine, is that Martin Jol does not have a vision beyond these two players and clearly one of them doesn't fit in, regardless of where he plays him. Because of this, our shape going into games is horrendous and like always, it falls apart in the second half of games.

Yes, we played well in spells yesterday, passed the ball about nicely, but once again it was all side to side and back again with no killer touches. I grew highly frustrated every time the ball was played into Ruiz only for him to either fall over, turn in circles or play the ball diagonally across the park. Once again, Berbatov had to drop deep to help out, and Sidwell had to play in 2 positions, which he simply doesn't have pace to do.

Not being funny, but I'd expect Ruiz to be getting into those positions that Sidwell was yesterday and scoring goals like that. for 10 million quid, his return has been awful.

Bottom line is, we still lack an out and out striker, a creative midfielder, a left back if Riise continues to spit his dummy out and cover for right back. What happens if Berbatov gets injured 4 games in, what then? I'm telling you now, we've got no one else who can score goals and we'd end up being in deep trouble.

Once again, Martin Jol is coming out and saying "We miss Dempsey's goals". No smelly brown stuff Sherlock, I think 25,000 other Fulham fans miss Dempsey's goals as well, but we've had enough of hearing about it all summer and just wish you'd get on with buying someone.

We're in the same position again, scrimping and scraping, dragging out transfers, leaving everything to the last minute and not dealing with our problem areas. Last I knew, we were subject to a take over, the 3rd richest club in the Premiership and our summer has result to this. Rubbish!

This is a big week coming up and I, along with many others don't feel very optimistic. Sit down and discuss that with Fat Freddy's Cat over at Viva El Fulham.    

jarv

Mr. Admin, I agree with most of what you say. Maybe I should have just said I am sick of people trashing individual Fulham players. Sidwell comes in for most of it but I feel the proof was there for all to see last season. When he got banned at the end of the season, worst slump in years.
I guess trashing players has always happened in football. I remember, when a kid, listening to the abuse yelled at Les Barrett when he broke into the first team. He was 17 years old for christs sake I thought to myself at the time. There were a few middle aged men standing near me at every game (you know how we all like our regular spot) always yelling and swearing at him, things like "get off the pitch Barrett, you're f... useless".  Makes me smile now when I think about it.

The one thing I do agree with you 100% is about our manager.