watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David

Started by JackyFulham90, August 10, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Looked a good player when he come on, can certainly beat a player hopefully he makes a breakthrough he could be an answer to our midfield problems

SouthfieldWhite

Watched him at close hand in the week when we played Limasol , thought he was our best player that day and impressed me, im sure the more he plays the better he will get,

farfouille

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 10, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Looked a good player when he come on, can certainly beat a player hopefully he makes a breakthrough he could be an answer to our midfield problems

He played as CM on Sidwell's place, right? That's not his usual position. How did he do defensively?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Enter the Frei

didn't contribute much defensively but didn't really have the chance to either. Looked a really comfortable player on the ball and looks like he's very talented. If he's not going to get the chances here I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan for the year.

fulhamking

Chris David>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steve Sidwell.

dartfordwhite

:plus one:

Had the same thoughts when he came on. I was also impressed by the little bit of Kasami we saw, both looked to use their minutes wisely and show what they could do.

WhiteJC

am I the only one who hopes that reports of Kasami going out on loan again this season are false?

JBH

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 11, 2013, 07:27:36 PM
am I the only one who hopes that reports of Kasami going out on loan again this season are false?
No I hope so too

MasterHaynes

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 11, 2013, 07:27:36 PM
No, he needs to be on the bench at the very least. He looked good in the Costa Rica game when he set up Berba's goal. I thought he looked 10 times the player that Rodellaga had been in the 10 minutes he had yesterday, his control was good he played one great through ball and could have grabbed a last minute equalizer if the defender had read the situation so well.

David Allen Crankshaw

Saw Chris David twice last season playing for the U21 team and he looked to be quite a creative player who also packs a good shot. I'm really hopeful that he will make the breakthrough to the first team this season.

alexbishop

I was impressed by both David and Kasami on Saturday. Would hope to see Kasami play a part in cup games this season at the least.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JackyFulham90

Kasami should be in the 18 man squad i feel

Bobby2012

David's Dream

Thursday 15 August 2013 09:31

Chris David hopes that the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season will be a breakthrough campaign for him, as he works towards a spot in Fulham's First Team.

The omens are good for the Dutch youngster, who arrived from FC Twente in the January transfer window, as he featured in half of our pre-season fixtures, and was on the bench for the others.

"Going to Costa Rica was a great experience for me as it was the first time I'd trained with the squad," David told fulhamfc.com. "I had some minutes on the pitch with the First Team as well, so I was happy with that and I think I did quite well which the Manager was happy about.

"It's a good start for me and I'm getting fitter and fitter and hopefully this season will be my season. We will see – I want to make my debut this season, for sure.

"It's been my dream and I'm 20-years-old now so I think it's the right moment to make my debut. After that I want to play a lot of minutes for Fulham and then, hopefully, I'll end up being a First XI player. But first I have to train hard and do well and then maybe I will get a chance this season."

The Fulham team can boast a series of international footballers who have played at the highest levels possible, and David admitted it can only aid his development when he's in the company of such esteemed professionals.

"We've got a lot of big players here at Fulham," he said. "People like Brede Hangeland, Damien Duff, Steve Sidwell and Giorgos Karagounis, and I speak with them a lot. They are helping me with their experience, which is great.

"I talk to Karagounis a lot especially because he's such a good midfielder. I ask him a lot of questions and he helps me very much, so that's good. It's good to have a mix of older players and younger players because, in the future, we will be standing there in the First Team."

The Netherlands youth international also praised the impact his compatriot Martin Jol is having on his career and highlighted his desire to do his Manager proud when called upon.

"It's always good to be a part of the group and we're always talking to each other," David explained. "He tells me what I can do better and what I'm doing well. I like that because now I know what I have to work on which is good and I don't want to disappoint him because he put faith in me. I want to show everybody what I can do.

"I think everyone kind of dreams of playing in the Premier League, and now I'm so close. I've only been here for little more than six months now, and I've had to get used to it, but I'm getting better and better."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/august/15/davids-dream

Bassey the warrior

I'd like to see him feature from time to time. I feel we should try to adapt either David or Kasami to an attack minded central midfielder. There's not really space in the squad for both to play the number 10 role. Both are still young enough to adapt.