https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodney Marsh on Talk Sport

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, August 11, 2013, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Listen here..................
http://talksport.com/football/rodney-marsh-fulhams-prospects-season-13081155087

Rodney Marsh assesses Fulham's prospects this season and says he is surprised Martin Jol is favourite to be the first Premier League boss to lose his job.

Marsh admits he has reservations over new signing Adel Taarabt playing with Dimitar Berbatov and the defensive abilities of Jol's side, but backs his former club to have a 'positive season' if they get off to a good start,

"I think Fulham are going to do quite well this season," said Marsh, speaking to Russell Hargreaves on Extra Time.

"For Fulham to be anywhere near mid-table and pushing into those top six, seven, eight, nine positions they have to be better at the back. But, if they start off and have a couple of clean sheets and wins, I can see it being a positive season for Fulham."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/rodney-marsh-fulhams-prospects-season-13081155087#Q3Cm3r3d18ZWEuMX.99

fulhamben

thats a big if, i dont see us getting any points in august. hope im well wrong though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

He obviously hasn't taken the time to look at our opening fixtures!

jarv

9 points from first 6 games I think.  That will be acceptable.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on August 11, 2013, 02:35:57 PM
you are alot more optimistic than me. i was thinking 4 to 6 points in august and september if we get a bit of luck

Danitar

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2013, 02:39:35 PM
you are alot more optimistic than me. i was thinking 4 to 6 points in august and september if we get a bit of luck

There's no hope or pleasing you lot

fulhamben

Quote from: Danitar on August 11, 2013, 02:42:08 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2013, 02:39:35 PM

There's no hope or pleasing you lot
well pleasing would be to do better, but looking at our fixtures i cant see any points away to sunderland and the toon and none to arsenal at home. so thats nil points in august and then i think we might get 2 wins in september all though it might be a win and a draw.  maybe im well wrong or maybe not. its just what i think we will do with the team that we have

ffctom_b

we will win our opening 3 games :)
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

fulhamben

ffctom_b

i think we are drawing way too many conclusions from pre season games - at the end of the day they mean nothing other than a chance to get some fitness into the players,none are played at 100%.

Sunderland away and Newcastle away are two places we do quite well at, whilst being at home to Arsenal we usually raise our game for the bigger clubs at the Cottage, the only downside for me is this one being live on TV as we usually rubbish when its on the box!

However I do think we are good enough to beat all three sides but that being said i think 4 or 5 points from those 3 games would be a good return!

But we need to remain positive, get behind the team, not moan and groan, just cos we finished last season like we were on holiday last 8 games does not mean we will not start the new season that way!
twitter @tombrowning1977

Danitar

Quote from: ffctom_b on August 11, 2013, 03:16:54 PM
i think we are drawing way too many conclusions from pre season games - at the end of the day they mean nothing other than a chance to get some fitness into the players,none are played at 100%.

Sunderland away and Newcastle away are two places we do quite well at, whilst being at home to Arsenal we usually raise our game for the bigger clubs at the Cottage, the only downside for me is this one being live on TV as we usually rubbish when its on the box!

However I do think we are good enough to beat all three sides but that being said i think 4 or 5 points from those 3 games would be a good return!

But we need to remain positive, get behind the team, not moan and groan, just cos we finished last season like we were on holiday last 8 games does not mean we will not start the new season that way!

:plus one: that's the attitude the team really needs. I think some people forget that we looked quite good in the first half against Parma and then we took players off at half time and that's when it showed we didn't have the depth to keep Parma at bay. But the first 11 is more than capable to beat any team

Fulham76

I like the positivity but think 9 from first 6 will be impossible bearing in mind our fixtures & more importantly, our squad!

Fernhurst

Quote from: ffctom_b on August 11, 2013, 03:06:49 PM
we will win our opening 3 games :)

Blingo........,.is that you posting under a different non-de-plume???????

Is this opinion based on any kind of Science ????
Maybe I'm overly pessimistic
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ffctom_b

it's based on the fact that I think Sunderland will struggle under the mad Italian, Newcastle will be in meltdown with Joe and Pardew at each others throats and we are at Home against Arsenal!
twitter @tombrowning1977

Fernhurst

It's based on fact--- that I think

So.... Not fact then

I hope your right mate and won't prove to be a Mary Poppins.

We will watch and wait with interest
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ffctom_b

well technically not fact, but a turn of phrase lol

I don't think we are as bad as everyone makes out, but there are definitely places where we can improve
twitter @tombrowning1977

Southcoastffc

Took kpla
Quote from: Danitar on August 11, 2013, 03:31:39 PM
Quote from: ffctom_b on August 11, 2013, 03:16:54 PM

Errm, Berbatov took a knock about 5 mins before half time and Hugo came on for the 2nd half - not quite as you describe it.   IMO we were poor for all but about the first 20 mins.  That said, I never set a great store by pre season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.