watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would be your best side?

Started by ffctom_b, August 11, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffctom_b

With less than a week to go to the beginning of the season, and lots of threads about how we need this and that and how Berba and Ruiz does not work, what would be your starting XI against Sunderland.

Personally I feel we need to have a more fluid formation, less rigid,which is the way I also think Jol would like the team to work, we more emphasis on attack rather than defence. Yes we may then leak alot of goals, but Jol's philisophy would be we are able to score more than our opponents. I think our formation has been restricted in recent seasons, as Jol has not had the players he would like available to have his more fluid system and so we have sort of fallen into the 4-4-1-1 trap. I think though Jol would prefer a more fluid 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation with the attacking players interchanging positions during the game. The other alternative is to go to 4-4-2, by dropping one of Berba or Ruiz as they probably could not be accomodated in that formation, but personally I would start with something like the formation below in a 4-2-3-1

Stekelenberg

Reither - Hangeland - Amborietta - Richardson

Sidwell - Boateng

Ruiz - Berbatov - Taraabt

Rodallega

This is based on the players we currently have available.

We would expect the two fullbacks to move up the pitch and create the width, with the attacking trio of Ruiz, Berba and Taraabt interchanging and Rodallega offering a target man and pace in behind the opponents defence.

If we go for a 4-3-3 then i think some of the positions would change but best for me would be same back five with midfield trio of Sidwell, Boateng and Taraabt

The three up top would be Dejagah, Berbatov and Ruiz.

But what do I know, we will see come next Saturday, but either way, I still fancy our chances away to Sunderland!

twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Brown@FFC

Not Rodallega. He is useless. With no transfers, I'd go for this:

Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebeita Richardson

Sidwell Boateng

Dejagah Ruiz Taarabt

Berbatov

I'm not keen on this, but it will have to be.

If we sign a CM and a ST, I'd play this:

Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebeita Richardson

Sidwell CM

Dejagah Berbatov Taarabt

ST

Admin

We're are 2-3 players away from a top ten side. Like above, that's our best option at the moment, but we will struggle.

I'm just puzzled as to why we've still not made these key signings.

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson

Sidwell Boateng

Dejagah Berbatov Taarabt

Rodallega

Subs - Stockdale , Hughes , Karagounis , Kacaniklic , Kasami , Duff , Ruiz

This team can beat Sunderland but not if we play anything like yesterday

Zu-Meister

Stekelenburg

Riether    Hangeland   Amorebieta   Richardson

Karagounis    Boateng

Dejagah         Taarabt            Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Enter the Frei

If we start on the weekend with Ruiz out wide then we've already lost.

Stek
Sidwell Boateng
Dejagah Ruiz Kaca
Berbs

is the best we can currently do IMO as I don't think Taarabt will be fit enough to start the game, if Kaca isn't quite fit I'm sure we'll see Mesca there instead.

fulhamben

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 11, 2013, 07:05:00 PM
If we start on the weekend with Ruiz out wide then we've already lost.

Stek
Sidwell Boateng
Dejagah Ruiz Kaca
Berbs

is the best we can currently do IMO as I don't think Taarabt will be fit enough to start the game, if Kaca isn't quite fit I'm sure we'll see Mesca there instead.
i like this, reckon its our best till a new cm turns up. with frei mesca adel and kasami on the bench for some real impact subs for a change whoops and david. would probably stick trotta or woodrow on the bench too as opposed to hugo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deanothefulhamfan

I like enter the frei's team.... Need a new striker.... Would rather have Trotta up top ahead of Rodallega

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 11, 2013, 07:22:03 PM
I like enter the frei's team.... Need a new striker.... Would rather have Trotta up top ahead of Rodallega
agreed or woodrow

Lighthouse

When our wide players break and put in a poor cross there is nobody in the area anyway. Berbatov as a loan striker doesn't work as he slows down the build up. A midfield general passer miracle worker needs somebody to pass to so we need a striker.

I am confused by our complete lack of firepower.

But it seems with the first post I would pick Dejagah instead of Ruiz and bring on Ruiz for Berbatov. We have to have some sort of pace up the middle. Berbatov as a loan striker means slow build up and few shots. Rodders needs service and hope he keeps his concentration with good support from those behind him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Deanothefulhamfan

Maybe thats our answer.... do a villa and play the kids....

Jol would never do it, but we could have trotta / woodrow or Dembele up top...

David in CM

Young promising left back????

No need for any signings ;)

Deanothefulhamfan

Here is my team that I am happy with at present

Stek
Reither Hangeland
Dejegah Kaca
Berbatov

Lots of places in the team up for grabs....

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 11, 2013, 07:28:27 PM
Maybe thats our answer.... do a villa and play the kids....

Jol would never do it, but we could have trotta / woodrow or Dembele up top...

David in CM

Young promising left back????

No need for any signings ;)

Even if they got a proper run out, I would still want to see some investment in the two key positions. Villa only just stayed up, but I agree with what your saying. Like to see David, Kasami, Frei & Mesca get atleast 10+ games next season. Trotta and Briggs could feature too.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 11, 2013, 06:58:32 PM
                  Stekelenburg

Karagounis    Boateng

Berbatov

Yes, if Kaca is fit, and there are no new signings. Ruiz needs to be dropped. Karagounis may give some creativity, but Sidwell will probably feature.

fulhamben

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 11, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
                  Stekelenburg

Karagounis    Boateng

Berbatov

Yes, if Kaca is fit, and there are no new signings. Ruiz needs to be dropped. Karagounis may give some creativity, but Sidwell will probably feature.
i dont think sidwell will feature that much. jol keeps banging on about a new cm, so to me that means sidwell will be out of the team. if jol was happy to play boatang and sidwell then surely he wouldnt want that cm

Brown@FFC

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2013, 07:40:10 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 11, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
                  Stekelenburg

Karagounis    Boateng

Berbatov

i dont think sidwell will feature that much. jol keeps banging on about a new cm, so to me that means sidwell will be out of the team. if jol was happy to play boatang and sidwell then surely he wouldnt want that cm

After the Parma performance, I think Boateng needs to work on his passing. We know Sidwell will put in a good shift, but I'm sure Boateng will. I'm guessing they will play interchanging roles. Sidwell has always played that role, only played a lot last season because of our midfield frailties.

Deanothefulhamfan

We have the most talented youth set up in the country so lets use them.

Villa will be stronger this season, as all their "kids" will be mature and more expierienced.... Keeping hold of Benteke makes them a top 10 challenger

JackyFulham90

Rodallega has to start! Berbatov doesn't stay upfront he should be used as a number 10, until we sign a new striker we have to start Rodallega,  he needs games works hard offers a threat in behind, like him or not atleast he will play on the last man, Berbatov doesn't

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 11, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
We have the most talented youth set up in the country so lets use them.

Villa will be stronger this season, as all their "kids" will be mature and more expierienced.... Keeping hold of Benteke makes them a top 10 challenger
i think we will. or will have no choice but to. i can see mesca starting if kaca is not ready, and id like to think jol will have kasami and david on the bench with adel hughes stockdale the bubble and hugo. although no doubt he will put duff on the bench and do his usuall boring change of duff the bubble and hughes pushing amboreti (spelling) out to the left cos richardson got injured again, when we need a goal

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 11, 2013, 07:48:11 PM
Rodallega has to start! Berbatov doesn't stay upfront he should be used as a number 10, until we sign a new striker we have to start Rodallega,  he needs games works hard offers a threat in behind, like him or not atleast he will play on the last man, Berbatov doesn't
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 11, 2013, 07:48:11 PM
he might play on the last man, but he is certainly not a threat to the net in the goals. he has an average of 5 goals a season. not what you want when we need goals.