watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why aren't we trying to get Defoe?

Started by St Eve, August 11, 2013, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

He is not wanted at Spurs and unless Jol has a striker in mind then why not? He has pace and can score. Maybe Spurs have put their usual ridiculous price on his head

MasterHaynes

I was thinking exactlythe same , i'd take Defoe over Bent any day of the week, his runs across the back 4 have the same effect as AJ's did, drawing defenders away creating gaps for Berba and Ruiz to go through

Northern Cottager

I'd like either too be honest, but based on recent appearances I'd rather Defoe. Been a while since I've seen Bent score.

JBH

Do you have a link where it states that Defoe is not wanted by Spurs?

BarryP

How do you know who the club are or are not in for?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Apprentice to the Maestro

Just repeating what others have said in other threads: Defoe and Jol had a falling out at Spurs.

For example:http://metro.co.uk/2007/09/17/spurs-boss-jol-in-massive-bust-up-with-defoe-139845/

Did they make up?

St Eve

Quote from: JBH on August 11, 2013, 06:13:35 PM
Do you have a link where it states that Defoe is not wanted by Spurs?
No. Based upon his lack of playing time last season and Spurs activity in the market it seemed pretty obvious to me but I could be wrong

Enter the Frei

I don't think Defoe will leave Spurs either way, he's still their second choice striker.

St Eve

Quote from: BarryP on August 11, 2013, 06:17:39 PM
How do you know who the club are or are not in for?
I don't. It was a simple question

St Eve

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 11, 2013, 06:21:32 PM
Just repeating what others have said in other threads: Defoe and Jol had a falling out at Spurs.

For example:http://metro.co.uk/2007/09/17/spurs-boss-jol-in-massive-bust-up-with-defoe-139845/

Did they make up?
You never know. Anything can happen in 6 years

MasterHaynes

The last couple of days some papers have been mentioned him teaming up with Harry again if AVB gets the forward players he's after, The Rangers forum seem to think it's a done deal at £6m, if true,....big IF, bearing in mind it comes from a board where many think qaulity players are queing up tp play for them in the championship(Hooper), we should nip and pinch him.

Count Berbatov

What if the club has already contacted him. And if not him, I'm sure they hold talks with a few forwards. Defoe would be great of course
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"